Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

disconnection problems

darkvarn
09.07.2013 , 07:44 AM | #1
hello there ever since i've started playing swtor again i've had issues where the game disconnects me from the internet between every 5- 30m approx. I know its the game as I have no trouble at any other time . I have read other posts which weren't any help I tried deleting the disk cache arena file which didn't work ,I tried restarting my router which didn't work . the only thing I haven't tried is connecting via my Ethernet cable which isn't an option as that is why I have the wireless set up in the first place . I love playing the game but this is starting to piss me off plz help

OwenBrooks
09.07.2013 , 07:52 AM | #2
Try disabling IPv6 on the network adapter , and check you don't have the process called pmb.exe (Pando Media Booster) running in the background.

Other then that I guess you ensured both launcher.exe and swtor.exe are In the exception lists.

Connecting via Ethernet is a good step if you can try it eventually

edit - worst case , as a test try the 30day trial of www.wtfast.com and see if it makes a difference

darkvarn
09.07.2013 , 01:38 PM | #3
pmb.exe was not in the processes I have turned off ivp6 hopefully this will work thank you but will this affect anything else on my computer when i'am browsing the internet for example ?

OwenBrooks
09.07.2013 , 03:31 PM | #4
No maybe in 5 to 10 years time, when the net transitions form IPv4 to IPv6, I run with it off here always have.

darkvarn
09.08.2013 , 12:03 AM | #5
hasn't worked unfortunately , you mentioned launcher.exe and swtor.exe being in the exception list where abouts do I go to check this ?

OwenBrooks
09.08.2013 , 12:10 AM | #6
This needs to be in the Anti Virus and Firewall programs, which do you use ?

darkvarn
09.11.2013 , 11:40 PM | #7
both I guess my firewall is turned on and I use malware bytes antimalware every day to scan my computer