Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher problem

Kalinajsw
09.07.2013 , 01:52 AM | #1
Hello,
I have a problem with the launcher..
I open the launcher, log in, hit play, launcher disappears, game does not start and there is no SWTOR.exe or Launcher.exe in the Windows Task Manager.
How can I fix this problem??

OwenBrooks
09.07.2013 , 01:56 AM | #2
first check the log folder and make sure the line says , successfully launched star wars blah blah.

if that is the case the launcher is doing its job ok, first place to look is the game folder and make sure swtor.exe is still there and that the anti virus hasn't quarantined it.

you have launcher.exe and swtor.exe in your exception lists ?

Having task manager running when you hit play , does swtor.exe appear at all even for a second ?

Kalinajsw
09.07.2013 , 02:33 AM | #3
Okay, swtor.exe doesn't appear in tsk mng.
Log says swtor launched successfully
I have the launcher in the exceptions list.

OwenBrooks
09.07.2013 , 02:37 AM | #4
Is swtor.exe still located at - :\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient I am presuming you are running a 64bit OS and is swtor.exe in the exception list

Kalinajsw
09.07.2013 , 02:42 AM | #5
I found it in my custom folder and yes, I added it to exceptions as well.. still no change

OwenBrooks
09.07.2013 , 02:45 AM | #6
Was ok I gather before the recent patch ?

Do a repair first up then , either on the launcher after login (lower left cog) or if you have the letters ST on the launcher then with the launcher closed, delete the bitraider folder to initiate a repair.

If that doesn't help run a clean boot to try and eliminate another program conflicting - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Kalinajsw
09.07.2013 , 02:49 AM | #7
It was running fine before the latest patch. I was away for a while and only just downloaded the patch this morning.
Will try to do a repair, see if that fixes it

Kalinajsw
09.07.2013 , 03:10 AM | #8
Hmm.. the repair ended rather quick.. I had to delete the Bit Raider folder as you suggested because I was unable to click the repair button in the launcher.
All to no avail unfortunately, nothing's changed

OwenBrooks
09.07.2013 , 03:13 AM | #9
Try the clean boot as mentioned earlier and try the below changes to see if it has any affect.

•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
•Open the client_settings.ini file and ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:

•Fullscreen = false
•D3DFullScreen = false
•RefreshRate = 60

•Save and close the file.
•Start the game as normal.

Kalinajsw
09.07.2013 , 03:19 AM | #10
I get a location is not available error whenever I try to input that command