Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BitRaider And Reorganizing Data

 

Unascended's Avatar


Unascended
09.05.2013 , 03:42 AM | #1
Trying to download patch 2.3.2 today and it's taking ages to "reorganize data". It's going up by about .15 percent every 5-10 minutes. Task Manager says BitRaider is taking up insane amounts of disk usage.

Not only that but since it's using up all my disk usage my computer is drastically slow while I wait on this to update, and at the current rate it won't be done for roughly two weeks.

How do I fix this?

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
09.05.2013 , 03:46 AM | #2
All issues first step is to delete the Bitraider folder itself

Unascended's Avatar


Unascended
09.05.2013 , 03:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
All issues first step is to delete the Bitraider folder itself
Been there, done that. It finally jumped from 14 percent to about 70 in one go after roughly 2 hours of waiting... I've had problems on three different computers with Biowares launcher. It's godawful and needs a major overhaul.

On every single computer I have patching issues similar to this one, and the most common problem I face is that the launcher itself is very laggy until I simply move the window. All launchers and the game itself runs as an administrator, and I have tried to use past versions of windows under compatibility mode to no avail.

Oh well, while the fact that the SWTOR launcher is a piece of junk isn't resolved, my problem finally fixed itself albeit after a few hours.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
09.05.2013 , 04:03 AM | #4
Only thing I can recommend is return to the original patch method if you didn't have troubles before, this does mean a re-install I believe.

to do this open launcher.settings file in notepad

, "bitraider_disable": false
change to true
, "bitraider_disable": true
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\",
change BR to SSN
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\",

TrishL's Avatar


TrishL
09.24.2013 , 01:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Only thing I can recommend is return to the original patch method if you didn't have troubles before, this does mean a re-install I believe.

to do this open launcher.settings file in notepad

, "bitraider_disable": false
change to true
, "bitraider_disable": true
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\",
change BR to SSN
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\",
This only had the effect that my game re-downloaded, installed, re-downloaded, installed, over and over again, for hours and hours and hours, until I eventually just quit and put the values back to original.
I'm so pissed that I can't play my game.