Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Fix broken assassins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fix broken assassins

MasterBLASTERpl's Avatar


MasterBLASTERpl
09.06.2013 , 03:54 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by FuriCuri View Post
So, why then deception sins has no place in 99% ranked teams?
I don't like to spoil the fun but rankeds are gone, or they soon will be. So this is completely irrelevant issue right now.

And tbh sins are very diverting class to play, they need some tweaking but not any serious ones . If some people are complaining about them in most cases it's a l2p thing than a class balance. This is a stealth class with some heaviest single target hitting attacks - so what's a issue again?

FuriCuri's Avatar


FuriCuri
09.06.2013 , 04:06 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBLASTERpl View Post
I don't like to spoil the fun but rankeds are gone, or they soon will be. So this is completely irrelevant issue right now.

And tbh sins are very diverting class to play, they need some tweaking but not any serious ones . If some people are complaining about them in most cases it's a l2p thing than a class balance. This is a stealth class with some heaviest single target hitting attacks - so what's a issue again?
So, you're telling that assassin/shadow class representatives have l2p issues posting "fix us" all over the class and test forums? And it's l2p play issue with all ranked sins that they had to spec into tank for their spot? And you think sins somehow miraculously will have spot in arenas because their dps, survivability and utility is comparable with marauders/sents for equally skilled players?
My works: Warhammer Enemy addon, Aion recipe calculator

MasterBLASTERpl's Avatar


MasterBLASTERpl
09.06.2013 , 04:45 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by FuriCuri View Post
So, you're telling that assassin/shadow class representatives have l2p issues posting "fix us" all over the class and test forums? And it's l2p play issue with all ranked sins that they had to spec into tank for their spot? And you think sins somehow miraculously will have spot in arenas because their dps, survivability and utility is comparable with marauders/sents for equally skilled players?
Objective based RWZ are gone, so there is one problem less. How the arenas will play our we will see after the 2.4 patch. BW said that they are also waiting for the statistic datas after the 2.4 hits.
Pts is a its own entity with its own laws so it's hard to predict anything.

Second - it's not that sins are weak, it's maras who are Op and need Nerf badly. This class has many utilities, cds some hard hitting attacks and above all can go stealth. So many complains I've read here are more likely to be a l2p issues than real problems.

As I said maybe some tweaks are required - one more defensive ability would be nice but really performance of this class is not an issue like the knight /warrior Op (4 sec god mode and auto crit aoe attack on 30 sec CD). This must be changed, not buffing a class that if played right can be a superb addition to the team.

FuriCuri's Avatar


FuriCuri
09.06.2013 , 05:03 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBLASTERpl View Post
Objective based RWZ are gone, so there is one problem less. How the arenas will play our we will see after the 2.4 patch. BW said that they are also waiting for the statistic datas after the 2.4 hits.
Pts is a its own entity with its own laws so it's hard to predict anything.

Second - it's not that sins are weak, it's maras who are Op and need Nerf badly. This class has many utilities, cds some hard hitting attacks and above all can go stealth. So many complains I've read here are more likely to be a l2p issues than real problems.

As I said maybe some tweaks are required - one more defensive ability would be nice but really performance of this class is not an issue like the knight /warrior Op (4 sec god mode and auto crit aoe attack on 30 sec CD). This must be changed, not buffing a class that if played right can be a superb addition to the team.
I see. Well, I do agree that most complains about sins are from bad players (were it about nerf or boost claims). But majority of good sins/shadow players agree that sins have some difficulties in current meta and current PTS patch notes shows that there were no efforts made to fix it up despite of numerous posts from very respected players.

And I'm against of nerfing - becuase you'll end up nerfing more than one class. Better bring everyone on par with marauders and snipers in terms of dps, with juggernauts in terms of tanking and with operatives in terms of healing.

As it stands now we have a situation where previous 8 vs 8 teams could not afford to spend slot on dps sin, and now teams would have only 4 slots instead of 8 and no fixes for assassins. I honestly can't imagine what "data" devs need to see that sins still need fixes.
My works: Warhammer Enemy addon, Aion recipe calculator

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
09.06.2013 , 06:11 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by FuriCuri View Post
So, why then deception sins has no place in 99% ranked teams?
They are evidently too op!

With all those 200k crit openers and stuff, why bring anyone else to a WZ?

Oh wait, the opener half of the time does 3.5k (but nobody recalls the gank fails against them, only the ones that succeed), even with maxed crit rate the damage past the first 5 seconds is beyond pathetic and... stays at that level till the sin dies or stealths again.
Vaerah Shadow | Vaerah Vahrokha Sage | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | TRE server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | TRE server.

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
09.06.2013 , 06:13 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBLASTERpl View Post
Objective based RWZ are gone, so there is one problem less. How the arenas will play our we will see after the 2.4 patch. BW said that they are also waiting for the statistic datas after the 2.4 hits.
Pts is a its own entity with its own laws so it's hard to predict anything.
This is called "moving the goal". Sins SUCK at being competitive right now? Let's wait 1-2 years to see how arenas will do. Once SWTOR will have only 1 server left, we'll finally get a patch.
Vaerah Shadow | Vaerah Vahrokha Sage | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | TRE server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | TRE server.

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
09.06.2013 , 06:16 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by FuriCuri View Post
I see. Well, I do agree that most complains about sins are from bad players (were it about nerf or boost claims). But majority of good sins/shadow players agree that sins have some difficulties in current meta and current PTS patch notes shows that there were no efforts made to fix it up despite of numerous posts from very respected players.

And I'm against of nerfing - becuase you'll end up nerfing more than one class. Better bring everyone on par with marauders and snipers in terms of dps, with juggernauts in terms of tanking and with operatives in terms of healing.

As it stands now we have a situation where previous 8 vs 8 teams could not afford to spend slot on dps sin, and now teams would have only 4 slots instead of 8 and no fixes for assassins. I honestly can't imagine what "data" devs need to see that sins still need fixes.
Deception Sins suffer from utter lack of utility past the first "BOOM" 10 seconds since they unstealth.
With combat going on they can't just press a magic reset button and have their CDs (and most of all, the buffs those CDs give) back. They have 1 long CD to force re-stealth but you can't accept a class in a competitive team that is only worth a spot once every other minute.
Vaerah Shadow | Vaerah Vahrokha Sage | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | TRE server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | TRE server.

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
09.06.2013 , 06:24 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
The reason they parse so low is that they have extreme burst. If they had all the opening burst they have right now with enough dps afterwords to hang with the other top DPS classes, they'd be absurdly overpowered.

Now I'm speaking from deception/infiltration point of view. They could make balance/madness spec a more viable pve DPS spec.

Combat sentinels called and they wanna point out that in parses they have extreme burst and also top the charts. K? Thx, bai!

MasterBLASTERpl's Avatar


MasterBLASTERpl
09.06.2013 , 06:47 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaerah View Post
This is called "moving the goal". Sins SUCK at being competitive right now? Let's wait 1-2 years to see how arenas will do. Once SWTOR will have only 1 server left, we'll finally get a patch.
You know you're amusing when you're trying to proof anything about the sin / shadow class when some time ago you were showing pics how "bad" is one side on ToFN that is well known for being a dominant one while doing as a 55lvl shadow only 100k dmg, don't you? You need to change an account to be taken seriously in this matter

Vaerah's Avatar


Vaerah
09.06.2013 , 06:54 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBLASTERpl View Post
You know you're amusing when you're trying to proof anything about the sin / shadow class when some time ago you were showing pics how "bad" is one side on ToFN that is well known for being a dominant one while doing as a 55lvl shadow only 100k dmg, don't you? You need to change an account to be taken seriously in this matter
Sorry I don't play a monkey class. A non tank shadow without any support has to go "solo gank mode" and prey (possibly) on crippled opponents and get out.

So in the end if I kill 10 guys who had an average of 10k health left, I am going to do 100k. The long CDs prevent me from doing quicker solo ganks than that.

Also, you keep forgetting that doing 1M damage is hard when you must stand at a node doing nothing for the whole match.

Here's an example: Voidstar. I spent the whole first round... twisting my thumbs guarding the door.
So of course I am not going to have 1M damage nor to have 50 medals, I still got about 400k in half played time the others had.
Vaerah Shadow | Vaerah Vahrokha Sage | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | TRE server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | TRE server.