Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix broken assassins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fix broken assassins

LaVall
09.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #21
Deception is fine. Of course it's not going to have any sustained damage as it has the highest burst in the game.
Madness needs a lot of love as it's not viable in PVP and as a PVE spec it's still lacking.
Darkness needs tweaking for both PVE and PVP. It's not terrible but still falls short of PT and Jugg tanks due to spikeyness.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

JohnElias
09.05.2013 , 05:40 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I don't think anyone would argue concealment could use some more survivability

And permacrit Hidden Strike. Because it's balls when it doesn't crit.
Evo for prez!
<Immortal> Xæhanort - da tank who tanks da healers in da poosy

HoboWithAStick
09.05.2013 , 05:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
The reason they parse so low is that they have extreme burst. If they had all the opening burst they have right now with enough dps afterwords to hang with the other top DPS classes, they'd be absurdly overpowered.

Now I'm speaking from deception/infiltration point of view. They could make balance/madness spec a more viable pve DPS spec.
Last time I checked Assassins burst was only good on opening and even then its not very consistent. I know some other classes like Snipers, Rage Marauders, Carnage marauders, Arsenal Mercs that actually have about the some amount of burst if not more and all beat Assassins on dps in long fights by what the op said about 500. The tax for having stealth should not be 500 less sustain, we all know that right now the most op thing in warzones is healing and some nice upfront burst doesn't counter that.

Skinnychalk
09.05.2013 , 05:59 PM | #24
Lower the burst buff sustained dps.

Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
Burst does not matter in pve we need sustained damage i will refer you to all the parses for the. 100th time that shows we are 500 below other classes
Then why did you post this crap in PvP forums

mmjarec
09.05.2013 , 06:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
Deception is fine. Of course it's not going to have any sustained damage as it has the highest burst in the game.
Madness needs a lot of love as it's not viable in PVP and as a PVE spec it's still lacking.
Darkness needs tweaking for both PVE and PVP. It's not terrible but still falls short of PT and Jugg tanks due to spikeyness.
Burst damage doesnt matter in pve keep reading what you want to tell yourself thats not true. You base you dps on one or two abilities right out pf stealth and be crap dps the rest pf the fight. Nobody has been able to explain why sins parse majorly below any class. Oh thats right you want to cherry pick your info

LaVall
09.05.2013 , 06:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
Burst damage doesnt matter in pvp
Oh boy....
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Evolixe
09.05.2013 , 07:09 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
Oh boy....
Was a typo, as you could've expected

However though, I can hardly imagne bioware making burst completely obsolete in pvp.

No tight "enrage" timers on a relatively small add etc?
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Vaerah
09.05.2013 , 07:25 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
Indeed.
He could solo both of you together. I have seen the guy defend 1v3 and 2v5 for a whole match.
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

Vaerah
09.05.2013 , 07:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
TLDR if you enjoy playing your assassin do some regs and/or become good at ninjas and nodeguarding for rateds. When that gets boring you might as well play something else because the class is never getting fixed.
Completely true. Sins are the best solo outworld PvP class.... if only we actually had some solo outworld PvP like other MMOs do.
Besides that, they are a baddies super-pro grinder class, it makes them go on the forums and scream nerf.
Scream nerf to the least useful PvE class of all (both as DPS and tanking) and the class (not spec, whole class) that is not accepted into ranked PvP if not exactly to guard nodes. No PvP tank and no PvP DPS, just guard nodes. The same nodes that come patch 2.4 won't be a factor any more.
Vaerah Shadow | Arayah Vanguard | Kainessa Gunslinger | ToFN server.
Vaerahn Sorceress | Vaerahm Marauder | ToFN server.

demystified
09.05.2013 , 09:19 PM | #30
A lot of people are rolling assassin for arena.