Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who's coming back in 2.4?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

easeyway's Avatar


easeyway
09.13.2013 , 11:51 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipZep View Post
Would be nice if they took a peak back for arena's to test themself agian. Then they can leave after the first undefeated week ?
Warmonger quit because of GW2 and having achieved 3k rating. And, to this day the ranked warzones are unchanged from those days, except for one new warzone. So, I guess it was the right call, don't you think?

@Whasp: Yes. After 3k rating, there was not much to drive the players forward. The game was getting boring (Winning 400 warzones in a row gets tiresome), and GW2 looked promising. Make it what you like.

Also, I'd be glad if there were new exceptional PvPers to play with, that doesn't know Warmonger. They don't have anything to be ashamed of. But all the players who did play at that time, I can't but feel the bitterness in the air.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bonsaikitten View Post
Alarm! Gyrekke told me you were average players with a good setup, true?
You and everybody else who never beat Warmonger can pretend you were just beaten by "a good setup". Doesn't change the fact that you never beat them.

What was this "good setup" then? Does Gerikke know? Stacking PTs? Here's a game I like to call the "Avenged Sevenfold". 7v8 vs. Coral. 1 Powertech DPS. 6-3.

Warmonger was good because they didn't carry dead weight. You were slipping, you were out, although from the previous screenshots you can clearly see Raydra somewhat lagging behind Feta and Imperialtrooper in every way. Since those days guilds cannot afford this as there's not enough exceptional players to choose from anymore.

I'll always honor Skulm's leadership, and the titanic trio that was Croustibat/Upzie/Spoq. Imperialtrooper and Feta killed the rest.

P.S: I lost one game in my entire Warmonger career to a Voidstar ninja cap. Feel free to post it. There's 8 guys that can claim to have beaten me in my glory days.

ZipZep's Avatar


ZipZep
09.13.2013 , 11:57 AM | #62
What is so special about 3k rating? Is that somekind of special landmark, where when you reach it you have proven that you are the best of the best for all time? In that case, I would say Fluffy has the honors, leading Harbinger to 3k rating at a time where alot more, and better teams where queing.

I dont really care if they made a good decision, I havent played GW2, if its a better PvP game than SWTOR then I salute their choice!
Whasp - Herbs & Derps PvP guild ToFN

Slacking Engineer Sniper and Worst Mara EU

zhradik's Avatar


zhradik
09.13.2013 , 12:10 PM | #63
[QUOTE=ZipZep;6751155]
Quote: Originally Posted by easeyway View Post
Warmonger quit because of GW2 and having achieved 3k rating. And, to this day the ranked warzones are unchanged from those days, except for one new warzone. So, I guess it was the right call, don't you think?

What is so special about 3k rating? Is that somekind of special landmark, where when you reach it you have proven that you are the best of the best for all time?
if you win all games, probably its hard to find any other motivation

ZipZep's Avatar


ZipZep
09.13.2013 , 12:15 PM | #64
There is always someone winning all the games, and its a fair choice to leave a game because of it. People dont get paid to win in this game after all.

Its also a fair point that this game currently has very few good PvP players left, partially thx to bioware for never actually supporting rated.

But I remember the quality of the teams queing rated back then, and it was abolutely ****, mostly because it was new, and even the PvE guilds queued for it. With that in mind I was just trying to suggest they should at stayed a little longer
Whasp - Herbs & Derps PvP guild ToFN

Slacking Engineer Sniper and Worst Mara EU

zhradik's Avatar


zhradik
09.13.2013 , 12:20 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipZep View Post
There is always someone winning all the games, and its a fair choice to leave a game because of it. People dont get paid to win in this game after all.

Its also a fair point that this game currently has very few good PvP players left, partially thx to bioware for never actually supporting rated.

But I remember the quality of the teams queing rated back then, and it was abolutely ****, mostly because it was new, and even the PvE guilds queued for it. With that in mind I was just trying to suggest they should at stayed a little longer
I remember last september/october - 2-3 teams q'd at regular basis . sometimes it took ages to get pop

ZipZep's Avatar


ZipZep
09.13.2013 , 12:27 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by zhradik View Post
I remember last september/october - 2-3 teams q'd at regular basis . sometimes it took ages to get pop
Yes, its true that we have had worse and better month for rated for sure. Problem with competative PvP'ers seems to be that if they win to much, they quit, and if they loose to much they also quit!

I should'nt have said that "more teams queued", thats not true of course, was part of the reason it was so easy getting wins just when rated launched. Everybody was queing...
To make a better exampe, take me fx. I also got invited into Warmonger/Impetus PuG group being led by Skulm a few times, and at that time, i was a fraction of the sniper I am today. Same went for alot of players, competition got way way harder later on.

Agian, I completely understand that winning 400 games in a row isnt that fun though, was just trying to goat people into coming back, im sorry
Whasp - Herbs & Derps PvP guild ToFN

Slacking Engineer Sniper and Worst Mara EU

mclammitys's Avatar


mclammitys
09.13.2013 , 12:54 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipZep View Post
What is so special about 3k rating? Is that somekind of special landmark, where when you reach it you have proven that you are the best of the best for all time? In that case, I would say Fluffy has the honors, leading Harbinger to 3k rating at a time where alot more, and better teams where queing.

I dont really care if they made a good decision, I havent played GW2, if its a better PvP game than SWTOR then I salute their choice!
Suomalainen mainittu. Torilla tavataan
Fluffy The Drunk Assas.... Shadow =)
Guild: Harbinger
Role: GM
Raiting: +3,9K My Stream

Bonsaikitten's Avatar


Bonsaikitten
09.13.2013 , 01:08 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by easeyway View Post
You and everybody else who never beat Warmonger can pretend you were just beaten by "a good setup". Doesn't change the fact that you never beat them.
Oh maybe you misunderstood something there. I said Gerekky, not me. Wasn't on the server during your shiny days. But I had the pleasure of meeting those of you that stayed in SWTOR, and many of you were definately "hard core" as you say. Maybe not the very best individual players, but I imagine your team would do quite good even today. Also I heard Skulm was a good leader, which is kinda important to have. Hope you guys come back for 2.4, would be nice to see if you could beat the best players atm.

ZipZep's Avatar


ZipZep
09.13.2013 , 01:15 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by mclammitys View Post
Suomalainen mainittu. Torilla tavataan
Fluffy, i tried using google translate on that, but either you are high and making no sense (possible? ) or the translator is messing it up!
Whasp - Herbs & Derps PvP guild ToFN

Slacking Engineer Sniper and Worst Mara EU

MccM's Avatar


MccM
09.13.2013 , 01:18 PM | #70
Yup thats definitely not the easyway i know lol.
Ninja cap ftw!

I still think 4v4 will also end up like 8v8 after at most 3 weeks.

Maybe someone would arrange a 4v4 tournament to see what things will be like, which was very good when Skulm and i think the GM of Sphinx organized one.
TnT