Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who's coming back in 2.4?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
09.19.2013 , 02:00 AM | #311
The majority of people, as in the 99 % that don't have a reasonable chance at fighting at the top, are most likely going to play the gametype that results in the best rewards. Between loading times, respawns and given losses in arena it's going to be a horrible time spent: comms ratio. Unless of course BW boost the arena comms. Not sure if they've changed it but when I played on PTS we didnt even get ranked comms for ranked arena. So then we're back to the only incentive being that you must really like arenas....and I don't think many do when the other option is 8 vs 8, with longer games automatically resulting in more medals/comms.

Also, I expect that some people will try to turtle in 2 ops + 2 sin setups and hope they get lucky with the gas when they realize that they can't beat the good teams in real fight. I encountered a couple of those games on PTS and it was a horrible experience. Having to play hide n seek for a couple of minutes is not my idea of fun. This was in the solo queue though when four stealthers, and there were a lot of those, happened to be on the same team.

But we'll see, perhaps it will be a success. X-server would have really helped the top teams though.

limenutpen
09.19.2013 , 02:26 AM | #312
People are naysayers but the reality is that a lot of normal PvPers (those who do not open big mouth here) are excited about Arenas.
The problem that 4 person Arenas Que will have over time is the same though as RWZ and that is without X-server Q it will get stale over time, not only for the top teams, but also the other following categories. If the solo Q will not work then BW had another big failure in there hand, PvP wise. Is this the third? In Italy we see there is no two without a three.... so I think if this fails its game over to BW for the PvP side of this game. Ah wait we have Space PvP coming....

As for Drama and the worship attitude it will be interesting to see how much we will see Gerrikke and the so called AWESOME players here solo Q in Rated-Arenas. If Gerrikke and those like him are so awesome they should do it every time. Will be interesting to see there rating after a month if they do this.... But anyways I am sure none of them will ever do it.

To set it on perspective I hardly ever see any of these so called Awesome MACRO players solo que. For this Exiloxe or whatever his name is deserves kudos as he solo Que most of the time, and in most cases does a good job to help others winning games and or helping a team (those who are trying to win) turning it around. Something very unusual for most of the players who have the Coral badge as most of them seem to be DPS or HPS *****, without having nothing against said guild and anything of its players.
Its a pity he opens his mouth to much over here.....
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

duigha
09.19.2013 , 06:13 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by ImGood View Post
Who's gonna have
This big throne of gold
When 4v4 comes
And the war will go on

Will it be DRAMA
Coral
Or ME?
No one will know
Until we meet in the field

Actually I like this one
TOFN <Deal With IT> / Zelí / <Rebel Dream>
The reason why there is not as much PvP content as PvE content is,
that PvE always need new content to clear,
while PvPers are generally happy, "as long as there is someone to kill".

Bonsaikitten
09.19.2013 , 06:41 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by duigha View Post
Actually I like this one
It made me puke rainbows.

Ps: original post updated.

ImGood
09.19.2013 , 07:27 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by duigha View Post
Actually I like this one
Weeeei!

Quote: Originally Posted by Bonsaikitten View Post
It made me puke rainbows.
Buuuuh!

Btw, nice summery of this thread in the first post Bru
Kass - Operative
Káss - Scoundrel
Dĺlig - Mercenary
Jefla - Vanguard
The Hura Legacy

elitegerike
09.19.2013 , 08:03 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post

As for Drama and the worship attitude it will be interesting to see how much we will see Gerrikke and the so called AWESOME players here solo Q in Rated-Arenas. If Gerrikke and those like him are so awesome they should do it every time. Will be interesting to see there rating after a month if they do this.... But anyways I am sure none of them will ever do it.

0 times, you are right mate.

i am just a brainless smasher without skill, so i dont have the ballz to que solo ranked

easeyway
09.19.2013 , 08:06 AM | #317
Oh, you'll have the ballz. But you'll rage quit the first game you get a "bad team".

KalElc
09.19.2013 , 08:07 AM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by elitegerike View Post
0 times, you are right mate.

i am just a brainless smasher without skill, so i dont have the ballz to que solo ranked
Dont worry il take your place in solo que. i will rename my character *cough*
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Vis Fatalis
Skyrush (Marauder) / Sky'lash (Mercenary)
Sky'ventress (Sentinel)

elitegerike
09.19.2013 , 08:37 AM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by easeyway View Post
Oh, you'll have the ballz. But you'll rage quit the first game you get a "bad team".
nono, i will never que solo ranked :>

I know i am a wierd person but you know i play this game for FUN

and i'll find my fun with my mates 4 of us together, not with 3 pugs without communication and skill.

haterz are hatin' :/

fauver
09.19.2013 , 08:42 AM | #320
No, you don't understand that brilliant idea: if you can't get into decent 4-man team or organize it yourself, you can say "oh, as for these "awesome 4-man team players", we will see if they would have a balls to que for solo rated arenas!"; if you're not successful at solo rated arenas, you can say "pff, as for those "awesome" players who are spending their time at rated arenas, it's funny if they would have a balls to que for non-rated arenas and wz's on regular basis!", and incase you're generally bad at pvp, you can apply to "having balls in pve. how about hardmode operations, m?"

For some sort of ppl it's always works like that.
Yummy - Juggernaut
Yummy's - Guardian

DRAMA www.twitch.tv/yummy_s