Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who's coming back in 2.4?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImGood
09.18.2013 , 02:25 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Caholic View Post
Roses are brown
Violets are brown
Who the **** keeps ******** my garden
Everyday
All the time
I see all these flowers
I don't know why
But I shat on your garden

Get mad
Darth Lebeast
Master Lebreast
The legacy of Káss

TheRampage
09.18.2013 , 03:25 PM | #302
I think that plenty of new players will play Arena, biggest reason is that you only need 4 people. We will see, but I don't think Arenas will be farming place for old pvpers.
Raphâel - Not Good Enough

MccM
09.18.2013 , 04:03 PM | #303
So many Betters
So many Bests
4v4 is coming
So **** the rest
TnT

ImGood
09.18.2013 , 04:21 PM | #304
Who's gonna have
This big throne of gold
When 4v4 comes
And the war will go on

Will it be DRAMA
Coral
Or ME?
No one will know
Until we meet in the field

Darth Lebeast
Master Lebreast
The legacy of Káss

Rommoes
09.18.2013 , 04:35 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by ImGood View Post
Who's gonna have
This big throne of gold
When 4v4 comes
And the war will go on

Will it be DRAMA
Coral
Or ME?
No one will know
Until we meet in the field

these poems....cringe...so much cringe

ImGood
09.18.2013 , 05:00 PM | #306
Quote: Originally Posted by Rommoes View Post
these poems....cringe...so much cringe
Hater

Was a nice twist in our lifes though, I feel a lot happier
Darth Lebeast
Master Lebreast
The legacy of Káss

MidichIorian
09.18.2013 , 07:27 PM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
I think that plenty of new players will play Arena, biggest reason is that you only need 4 people. We will see, but I don't think Arenas will be farming place for old pvpers.
I don't share that opinion.

For starters, I've never seen much enthusiasm regarding arenas in this game. Some might think it's ok in normals once in a while, I personally don't, but I doubt that many will give ranked a serious go.

But let's assume I'm completely wrong. Unless A LOT of teams actually queue it's going to result in a lot of games VS Drama and a lot of losses. It's an extremely discouraging and boring gametype if you don't win from time to time, not like 8 vs 8 where you actually got to fight for a while regardless of outcome. There will be a maximum of perhaps 3 teams capable of making a dent in Gerikke et al. A dent, not winning but being able to put up somewhat of a fight (well, they might win once in a while through some fluke...who knows) . Reason, there arent that many good players around and some are eliminated by default on behalf the classes they play. Like, who's going to take a solo sage or solo sorc? If you're going down that road it's better to bring two. Now you need two extremely talented sorcs/sages for your team. Not an easy task since people are connected to guilds and whatnot....not to mention that there are only like 4 good ones to begin with on the server The same thing applies to a few other AC'es, with just one you're going to get owned but with two you might have a reasonable chance, on behalf of being able to somewhat control how the game is played.

So in conclusion, requires only half the amount of players as 8 vs 8 but is ten times more demanding in terms of team setup...and 8 vs 8 was already pretty rough for some AC'es.

I don't see any sane person queue'ing for solo ranked. I tried that **** on PTS just to end up with sorc healers that only survived for three secs. And unless they've changed things it wasnt even a criteria that the teams had tanks in solo ranked. The only criteria was that both teams had the same roles. That means that the slightly more coordinated team will burn down the other healer in 2 GCD's, often by pure "target luck" since there's rarely any communication in pugs. Horrible gametype. They should have implemented 4 vs 4 objective games such as CTF instead or basic team deathmatch with spawns.

ellrochell
09.19.2013 , 12:07 AM | #308
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Video footage says otherwise.

Roudy hardly even says a word when doing arenas.
Calls a target once in a blue moon and once every so often asks what available cooldowns are there. /clap
lolololololol

Can you see any more from in there? You seem to have gotten your head stuck up your arrse.

ToMyMa
09.19.2013 , 12:12 AM | #309
Quote: Originally Posted by ellrochell View Post
lolololololol

Can you see any more from in there? You seem to have gotten your head stuck up your arrse.
I could ask the question about you...
Tanvir
Tanvír
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Bonsaikitten
09.19.2013 , 01:17 AM | #310
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I don't share that opinion.

For starters, I've never seen much enthusiasm regarding arenas in this game. Some might think it's ok in normals once in a while, I personally don't, but I doubt that many will give ranked a serious go.

But let's assume I'm completely wrong. Unless A LOT of teams actually queue it's going to result in a lot of games VS Drama and a lot of losses. It's an extremely discouraging and boring gametype if you don't win from time to time, not like 8 vs 8 where you actually got to fight for a while regardless of outcome. There will be a maximum of perhaps 3 teams capable of making a dent in Gerikke et al. A dent, not winning but being able to put up somewhat of a fight (well, they might win once in a while through some fluke...who knows) . Reason, there arent that many good players around and some are eliminated by default on behalf the classes they play. Like, who's going to take a solo sage or solo sorc? If you're going down that road it's better to bring two. Now you need two extremely talented sorcs/sages for your team. Not an easy task since people are connected to guilds and whatnot....not to mention that there are only like 4 good ones to begin with on the server The same thing applies to a few other AC'es, with just one you're going to get owned but with two you might have a reasonable chance, on behalf of being able to somewhat control how the game is played.

So in conclusion, requires only half the amount of players as 8 vs 8 but is ten times more demanding in terms of team setup...and 8 vs 8 was already pretty rough for some AC'es.

I don't see any sane person queue'ing for solo ranked. I tried that **** on PTS just to end up with sorc healers that only survived for three secs. And unless they've changed things it wasnt even a criteria that the teams had tanks in solo ranked. The only criteria was that both teams had the same roles. That means that the slightly more coordinated team will burn down the other healer in 2 GCD's, often by pure "target luck" since there's rarely any communication in pugs. Horrible gametype. They should have implemented 4 vs 4 objective games such as CTF instead or basic team deathmatch with spawns.
While theres basically just been a few thousand matches on pts, I dont think you can call off sages just yet. People seem to come to conclusions way too early. I think most classes and specs could have a shot at arenas in the hands of the right people and with a good team. Who would have thought two sages could demolish the so-called fotm setup? What about a team of operative/shadow dps? 2 commando dps? 3 tactic vg with one in tank stance? A team actually using their CC and cooldowns like pros? This is stuff we havent seen yet but which will appear in arenas. Instead of complaining about setups and stuff, find 3 players and make stuff happen. As I've said said before, arenas sounds so much better than RWZ imo. Its faster, alot less boring, hopefully more teams, higher individual skillcap, easier to form teams.. People just dont wanna give it a chance, cause they THINK it will suck.