Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.05.2013 , 03:46 PM | #51
OK Slowpoke, all I'm seeing is no, no and no. I should be aware by now that their is no convincing you - so I won't bother. But I'd point out that their is a reason that nobody agrees with the outlandish opinions you come up with in these posts. And now it looks like we can add Dooku being more powerful than the Chosen One to that pile.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
09.05.2013 , 03:47 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh, my bad. But I'd point out that Aurbere is correct. Kolar swayed after Sidious impaled him in the head.

He says, "It doesn't hurt." The first part before the sway and the second part after. Kolar would only say this after suffering injury so we can only assume that he was impaled and then spoke, so the swaying was him indeed collapsing dead. Really I don't see how you can take the word 'swayed' and jump to the conclusion that he attempted to attack.
No, he stood there, the blade shrank away, fell from his hand after his sway, then he collapsed.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
09.05.2013 , 03:49 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK Slowpoke, all I'm seeing is no, no and no. I should be aware by now that their is no convincing you - so I won't bother. But I'd point out that their is a reason that nobody agrees with the outlandish opinions you come up with in these posts. And now it looks like we can add Dooku being more powerful than the Chosen One to that pile.
The Maul fight is a very good example to show Sidious would not kill people that quickly with good teamwork, and they aren't much stronger than the 3 masters.

Read the RotS novel you will understand what was I saying, again, you didn't even read the novel of RotS, so you are missing a lot of points.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
09.05.2013 , 03:51 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I don't think he had to, I think he wanted to torment Maul. No matter how good Maul was, he couldn't save Savage from the likes of Sidious.
If he wanted to torment Maul, he could just kill Savage in front of Maul without pushing him away.

Even after Maul was pushed away, it took him a little while to kill Savage.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.05.2013 , 03:53 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The Maul fight is a very good example to show Sidious would not kill people that quickly with good teamwork, and they aren't much stronger than the 3 masters.

Read the RotS novel you will understand what was I saying, again, you didn't even read the novel of RotS, so you are missing a lot of points.
I assure you I've read the entire battle sequence, and it doesn't support your argument. The quite opposite in fact.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.05.2013 , 03:54 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
No, he stood there, the blade shrank away, fell from his hand after his sway, then he collapsed.
...yah, that's what I said. He was impaled, he stood there, he swayed, he blade shrank away, he fell, he died.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.05.2013 , 03:56 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
If he wanted to torment Maul, he could just kill Savage in front of Maul without pushing him away.

Even after Maul was pushed away, it took him a little while to kill Savage.
If you count 6-7 seconds as a little while -_-

Come on dude, you can't tell me you think it'd take Sidious any time to kill Savage if he wanted to, he's completely susceptible to Lightning... And really, Sidious waited until Maul stood up to kill Savage...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
09.05.2013 , 03:57 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I assure you I've read the entire battle sequence, and it doesn't support your argument. The quite opposite in fact.
Yes, Dooku lost due to

Anakin and Obi Wan was able to form a good team to beat him in lightsaber duel.
He had to use most of his Force power to knock Obi Wan out.
Then he was able to use his taunt on Anakin, awake him from his berserk mode.
But Sidious decided to intervene, told Anakin to control and use his anger as weapon. Dooku knew he was doomed.

Without Obi Wan and Palpatine's help, Anakin would have lost to Dooku almost for sure.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.05.2013 , 03:58 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yes, Dooku lost due to

Anakin and Obi Wan was able to form a good team to beat him in lightsaber duel.
He had to use most of his Force power to knock Obi Wan out.
Then he was able to use his taunt on Anakin, awake him from his berserk mode.
But Sidious decided to intervene, told Anakin to control and use his anger as weapon. Dooku knew he was doomed.

Without Obi Wan and Palpatine's help, Anakin would have lost to Dooku almost for sure.
So Anakin reached his full potential and killed Dooku. So Anakin was more powerful than him, which is why Dooku lost. Like I said.

EDIT: I'm was actually referring to the other fight. But I have read this one as well, I seem to remember Dooku being crushed under the sheer weight of his blows. Also taking into account that Dooku was defeated by Anakin prior to this duel fair and square without any aid whatsoever. So in fact he probably would have one anyway.

Also noting that Anakin always uses his anger in his duels, he needed no encouragement.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
09.05.2013 , 03:59 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
If you count 6-7 seconds as a little while -_-

Come on dude, you can't tell me you think it'd take Sidious any time to kill Savage if he wanted to, he's completely susceptible to Lightning... And really, Sidious waited until Maul stood up to kill Savage...
A few seconds is enough for a group of masters to help their teammates. Sure Palpatine would easily kill most of the Jedi/Sith in a few secs, but if others give help it's a different story.

Lightning would also take a while to kill someone like him, and it would let Palpatine become defenseless against Maul, we can see in the end of RotJ, he couldn't do anything when Vader grabbed him.