Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 05:00 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Not really, they showed Yoda's incredible power on numerous occasions... They showed windu as a complete ****** in anything he did...

Sidious grunted, was slammed, Kicked in the face and yelped multiple times in that fight.

Besides, any fight involving Sidious likely involved Lucas as well...

I don't know, I think even now we're underestimating Maul... If you look at it closely, you understand he'd be able to stand against Sidious for a bit, which he did, and of course we all know Maul was fuelled by rage very well, and Sidious just killed his only family....
Ok maybe not everyone, but some characters were shown to being watered down. Sidious, Obi-Wan, even Maul at a time...those are the only ones that come to mind...oh Anakin too as I recall.

It wasn't a constant thing, it varied but they were watered down at points.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:07 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok maybe not everyone, but some characters were shown to being watered down. Sidious, Obi-Wan, even Maul at a time...those are the only ones that come to mind...oh Anakin too as I recall.

It wasn't a constant thing, it varied but they were watered down at points.
Not really for Anakin, he controlled the Son and the Daughter...

Kenobi held off two Incredible duelists, showing his skill...

Maul maybe, the only one who I'd say he was watered down against was Pre Vizla, but really, the guy had a Lightsaber, Rockets, Jetpack, Flamethrower, grenades and little Skin Shredders... And he still lost.

Sidious we can't really tell, because he Fought like once... But he choked people while lifting a hand once and casually walking and taking a speeder. Then Choking someone he can't even see, pretty decent
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 05:12 PM | #103
Not really for Anakin, he controlled the Son and the Daughter...

Kenobi held off two Incredible duelists, showing his skill...

Maul maybe, the only one who I'd say he was watered down against was Pre Vizla, but really, the guy had a Lightsaber, Rockets, Jetpack, Flamethrower, grenades and little Skin Shredders... And he still lost.

Sidious we can't really tell, because he Fought like once... But he choked people while lifting a hand once and casually walking and taking a speeder. Then Choking someone he can't even see, pretty decent
I said at certain TIMES....they were watered down, yes Anakin was as was Obi-Wan and Maul def was against Vizla....Sidious may have only fought once but previous feats show him greater than what he showed.

Anakin was watered down when fighting Barriss....ya that fight shouldn't have even lasted as long as it did.

Obi-Wan getting beat by a thug?....What? Don't even start me on his fight with Vizla that was laughable.

Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 05:13 PM | #104
I'm wondering when this thread will return to its original topic.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 05:15 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Well it's already been cleared up so...meh.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:18 PM | #106
I said at certain TIMES....they were watered down, yes Anakin was as was Obi-Wan and Maul def was against Vizla....Sidious may have only fought once but previous feats show him greater than what he showed.

Anakin was watered down when fighting Barriss....ya that fight shouldn't have even lasted as long as it did.

Obi-Wan getting beat by a thug?....What? Don't even start me on his fight with Vizla that was laughable.
He Beat Vizla didn't he? He only got beat when 3 mandos tossed 3 heat seeking missiles at them.
Agreed on Barriss, but it had to be a decent fight, and while it lasted a while, Anakin was constantly on top and never had any trouble.

I get what you mean about watered down, but that ENTIRE Arc was very true to the character's power, as was a lot of the show. If you look in depth at the actual show, you realise most fights where characters are "watered down" they're constantly on top.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:18 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's nice to have a thread to just chat about Star Wars random stuff, though we should probably be using Star's thread for it

Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 05:19 PM | #108
Well it's already been cleared up so...meh.
Yeah...
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 05:20 PM | #109
In regards to the watered down topic. I need only point to everyone's favorite cyborg General...

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 05:21 PM | #110
He Beat Vizla didn't he? He only got beat when 3 mandos tossed 3 heat seeking missiles at them.
Agreed on Barriss, but it had to be a decent fight, and while it lasted a while, Anakin was constantly on top and never had any trouble.

I get what you mean about watered down, but that ENTIRE Arc was very true to the character's power, as was a lot of the show. If you look in depth at the actual show, you realise most fights where characters are "watered down" they're constantly on top.
It looked to me that Barriss gave Anakin quite some trouble, kicking him, force pushing, disarming and so forth. But yeah...I know.

Yes Obi-Wan did beat Vizla, but just the fight itself Obi-Wan should have just speedblitzed him or taken the saber from him with a force pull or even just restrained him using the force. But then again...wouldn't have been as entertaining...but still.