Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

Beniboybling
09.06.2013 , 08:43 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Meh, I don't know.
Maul attempted to replicate Kun's fighting style. He may not have been on the same level, but he achieved a level of mastery. Really I think in general Maul is underestimate, he's easily one of the best duelists of his age.

Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 08:46 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Maul attempted to replicate Kun's fighting style. He may not have been on the same level, but he achieved a level of mastery. Really I think in general Maul is underestimate, he's easily one of the best duelists of his age.
That's true.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker
09.06.2013 , 02:35 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Maul was a Juyo user and marked Exar Kun as one as well. People seem to forget Kun didn't just master Niman he was a master of Juyo as well and if we really want to analyze the description of his form in his later years you find he isn't using his Niman mastery he is using juyo.

Think about it, he abandoned the moderation of Niman that fits with the philosophy of Juyo he became highly aggressive..... juyo and was incredibly fast and unpredictable....... again Juyo. In his later years Kun wasn't using Niman any more he was using Juyo.

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 02:46 PM | #94
In regards to it....Maul for saber combat, Kun for Force ability.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 03:28 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Maul was a Juyo user and marked Exar Kun as one as well. People seem to forget Kun didn't just master Niman he was a master of Juyo as well and if we really want to analyze the description of his form in his later years you find he isn't using his Niman mastery he is using juyo.

Think about it, he abandoned the moderation of Niman that fits with the philosophy of Juyo he became highly aggressive..... juyo and was incredibly fast and unpredictable....... again Juyo. In his later years Kun wasn't using Niman any more he was using Juyo.
Niman mastered to the Level of Kun really implies standard Mastery of every form. Though I agree, a Dark Side user really cannot use Niman to the extent intended. Niman relies on people holding back and not going into the weakness of the other forms...

Him going aggressive did take him out of Niman a bit, yes, but I'd still say his sheer mastery of Saber combat really kept him in Niman, simply by allowing him to draw on all forms.

That's why Niman's deadly... But yes, both, in a sense, were fantastic Juyo masters.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 03:30 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
In regards to it....Maul for saber combat, Kun for Force ability.
Agreed, though TCW Maul shows decent skill in Telekinesis, and chokes/crushes...

Maul was a fantastic duellist though, I mean come on, who else held their own against Palpatine (And arguably matched him, due to papa palps having to use force abilities both times to take him out) bar the two greatest masters of the age...

And then, being so rigorously trained by Palpatine (Unlike both Dooku and Vader) Due to Palpatine still being semi-anonymous as a Senator, and not under constant watch... Gotta be good for dem skillz
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 04:05 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Agreed, though TCW Maul shows decent skill in Telekinesis, and chokes/crushes...

Maul was a fantastic duellist though, I mean come on, who else held their own against Palpatine (And arguably matched him, due to papa palps having to use force abilities both times to take him out) bar the two greatest masters of the age...

And then, being so rigorously trained by Palpatine (Unlike both Dooku and Vader) Due to Palpatine still being semi-anonymous as a Senator, and not under constant watch... Gotta be good for dem skillz
As noted though Palps was toying with them, but still it's impressive regardless. Though yes in TCW Maul did more TK feats, Kun shown TK(not much but still), Force Drain/Force Blasts n so forth.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 04:33 PM | #98
As noted though Palps was toying with them, but still it's impressive regardless. Though yes in TCW Maul did more TK feats, Kun shown TK(not much but still), Force Drain/Force Blasts n so forth.
No, Palpatine was not Toying with them IMO...

The only time he toyed with them was waiting to kill Savage so Maul could see. He was obviously stressed Fighting them both, with Savage's raw strength, and Mauls incredible agility and Saber skills...

Firstly, Sidious let out a gasp after pushing them back, like a sigh mid battle, and Maul landed a hit on him clean in the face that pushed him back a few meters. If Palpy was toying with them, neither of those would have happened.

IMO of course.

Edit: And Maul was obviously a challenge for Sidious, or he wouldn't be so distracted to get slammed off a Balcony by Savage.

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 04:51 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No, Palpatine was not Toying with them IMO...

The only time he toyed with them was waiting to kill Savage so Maul could see. He was obviously stressed Fighting them both, with Savage's raw strength, and Mauls incredible agility and Saber skills...

Firstly, Sidious let out a gasp after pushing them back, like a sigh mid battle, and Maul landed a hit on him clean in the face that pushed him back a few meters. If Palpy was toying with them, neither of those would have happened.

IMO of course.

Edit: And Maul was obviously a challenge for Sidious, or he wouldn't be so distracted to get slammed off a Balcony by Savage.
He was smiling and laughing throughout some of it. Though tbh, TCW had pretty much everyone watered down in terms of their abilities and what they could actually do.

I really had this look o_O on my face at seeing some of the fights.

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 04:56 PM | #100
He was smiling and laughing throughout some of it. Though tbh, TCW had pretty much everyone watered down in terms of their abilities and what they could actually do.

I really had this look o_O on my face at seeing some of the fights.
Not really, they showed Yoda's incredible power on numerous occasions... They showed windu as a complete ****** in anything he did...

Sidious grunted, was slammed, Kicked in the face and yelped multiple times in that fight.

Besides, any fight involving Sidious likely involved Lucas as well...

I don't know, I think even now we're underestimating Maul... If you look at it closely, you understand he'd be able to stand against Sidious for a bit, which he did, and of course we all know Maul was fuelled by rage very well, and Sidious just killed his only family....