Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security hoops, I'm tired of jumping through them.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Security hoops, I'm tired of jumping through them.

Ganzor
12.13.2011 , 02:00 PM | #1
I don't want to answer a question every single time I log in, that's what a password is for.

Make the questions OPTIONAL. They are pointless as the people who give their information out to friends will ALSO give out the questions.

The game's not even out yet and you guys are already providing poor customer service. Shape up!

ValsFan
12.13.2011 , 02:02 PM | #2
agree ^^^^^^

ebado
12.13.2011 , 02:04 PM | #3
I've only had to answer a question once on my initial log-in.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

Staalker
12.13.2011 , 02:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganzor View Post
I don't want to answer a question every single time I log in, that's what a password is for.

Make the questions OPTIONAL. They are pointless as the people who give their information out to friends will ALSO give out the questions.

The game's not even out yet and you guys are already providing poor customer service. Shape up!
It's not poor customer service. Do you know the number of MMO accounts hacked and stolen every day? It's thousands.

Not every case is because somone did something foolish either.

Many people use the same password everywhere. They get hacked in one place and you get hacked everywhere. It's not hard to intercept emails. Sometimes they go to the wrong box.

The security is for YOU. You may think you don't like it, but when you get your account stolen/hacked because you had it "off" you'll be here whining that you lost your account and your stuff was gone or your characters deleted.

It's a small ten second step. Is your time really that short?

It's like saying you wouldn't want a security guard protecting you because you have to take ten seconds to show an ID.

Ganzor
12.13.2011 , 02:08 PM | #5
I have NEVER had an MMO account of mine compromised.

I've been playing MMOs for 12 years.

I use 3 passwords MAX all across the internet.

If you get "hacked", you did something stupid. You ran a program that gave you a keylogger, or you gave your information out. These are facts.

I don't want, or need, to answer a security question every time I log in to the launcher. I don't need to be told what kinds of characters to use I my password. I AM tired of having to jump through yet another hoop every other week with this account. First the asinine password requirements, then having to put answers to questions in, and now having to answer those questions EVERY time I log in.

Make it OPTIONAL.

The poor customer service part comes in when you get locked out of your account because of the asinine security measures and have to wait 2 hours on hold FOR A GAME THAT HASN'T EVEN RELEASED YET.

rebellol
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #6

I use 3 passwords MAX all across the internet.

If you get "hacked", you did something stupid. You ran a program that gave you a keylogger, or you gave your information out. These are facts.

I don't want, or need, to answer a security question every time I log in to the launcher. I don't need to be told what kinds of characters to use I my password. I AM tired of having to jump through yet another hoop every other week with this account. First the asinine password requirements, then having to put answers to questions in, and now having to answer those questions EVERY time I log in.

I'm not going to call you stupid, as you call others, because that is just not nice. But if you use 3 passwords MAX you are doing something that is not very smart. You haven't been hacked yet, but that is luck.

Ganzor
12.13.2011 , 02:33 PM | #7
It has nothing to do with luck, it's about not giving my information out, not running shady programs for keyloggers, and not falling for obvious phishing e-mails.

You can't "security question" away dumb.

Ganzor
12.13.2011 , 11:07 PM | #8
Still tired of having to answer a question constantly.

OPTIONAL

Make it happen

Reddon
12.13.2011 , 11:16 PM | #9
I agree with the OP until the poor Customer Service part. The Security questions are a pain, Especially when testing out our buddies toons!

Maybe make a Password Strength meter, Make us throw in Special Characters, (I think most of us do anyway) *@^$%

The Questions every log in are annoying, and truly, they are not great.

I guessed my buddies Favorite actors last name right off the bat, FORD and I bet thats at least 25% of the populations answer
-Illegal Aliens-
Reddon~SuperTank

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 11:22 PM | #10
Still tired of having to answer a question constantly.

OPTIONAL

Make it happen

Playing The Old Republic is 100% optional, I'm not sure who told you otherwise.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.