Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

Willzilla
12.19.2013 , 06:31 PM | #11
Do other species unlocks effect attributes?

ellenbec
12.20.2013 , 09:42 AM | #12
No. The other species unlocks allow for those species to be usable by classes that cannot have them. Humans can be ALL classes, which is why a human unlock gives you the presence bonus.
Khuri-PT

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

KevMeup
01.12.2014 , 02:41 PM | #13
Added a few new updates. Bump.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

SinikalMunkey
01.13.2014 , 10:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
Class Buffs:
Your companions benefit from class buffs, just like you do. Make sure they have them on before battle. Finish your chapter 3 with all 4 classes and you’ll have the legacy class buffs for all your characters.
The legacy buff for that archetype is unlocked after completing Chapter 2. This can verified by hovering over the buff in the legacy window.

Chapter 3 completion unlocks the legacy ability for that archetype, IE Legacy Lightning Storm for Sorcerer's, which you would use during the heroic moment.

DarMandra
05.17.2014 , 08:27 AM | #15
Thanks for writing this it has been helpful. I love to run with Scorpio with my concealment IA . I do retain the ability to heal yet I'd rather dps. I wonder how my mileage would differ gearing her endurance heavy or absorb heavy?

LycanDeimos
07.09.2014 , 04:39 PM | #16
Great Info!!! Exactly what i was looking for, Thanks

Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

KevMeup
07.12.2014 , 07:37 PM | #17
Thanks for all the support!

I've added parse info for the heroic moment skills.

MystbladeWA
07.18.2014 , 06:14 AM | #18
This is a really great guide. Just a note, the 174 HK Czerka gear comes with bugger all accuracy. So you may want to include the tip to throw some accuracy augments on him, or ensure that you are picking left side items with max accuracy to get him to the 97%
Hold'My'Beer Chill
I'Got'This Legacy

yoomazir
07.19.2014 , 08:50 AM | #19
So from what you showed on Vector, DPS DOT willpower characters deal the most damage then? That would mean Nadia would deal the same kind of damage too right?

If possible, could you make a test on all the companions?

KevMeup
07.19.2014 , 01:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
This is a really great guide. Just a note, the 174 HK Czerka gear comes with bugger all accuracy. So you may want to include the tip to throw some accuracy augments on him, or ensure that you are picking left side items with max accuracy to get him to the 97%
So far, I would only recommend Power augs for any dps or heal companion (or mainstat if you're sharing gear with a character). Accuracy isn't too important, it's just a better use than surge (over 400 rating) or alacrity.