Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in New York

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in New York
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
09.03.2013 , 03:14 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Everyone!

We have posted the details for our Community Cantina Tour in New York! Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Vemtaz
09.03.2013 , 03:33 PM | #2
Courtney/Eric/Amber,

Please, please please, do your fans a favor and double check your time/timezones on your posts... in ALL of your social forums (forums, blog, twitter, facebook, ... anywhere).

Your Seattle Cantina Tour blog post *STILL* says 8pm CDT. The event actually took place at 6pm CDT (8pm PDT). This caused some folks to arrive at the event two hours too early. And considering we were only allowed to stay for a few minutes of Q&A because of overcrowding (and a poor PA system), needless to say the Seattle event was a tad disappointing for me.

Time zones have been an ongoing issue on these forums, so please, work to get them right.

PlasmaJohn
09.03.2013 , 03:48 PM | #3
Any way to RSVP without using Facebook?

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Sir-Coffee
09.03.2013 , 03:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey Everyone!

We have posted the details for our Community Cantina Tour in New York! Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Would you guys ever be able to have a Community Cantina on Long Island?

EricMusco
09.03.2013 , 03:52 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Vemtaz View Post
Courtney/Eric/Amber,

Please, please please, do your fans a favor and double check your time/timezones on your posts... in ALL of your social forums (forums, blog, twitter, facebook, ... anywhere).

Your Seattle Cantina Tour blog post *STILL* says 8pm CDT. The event actually took place at 6pm CDT (8pm PDT). This caused some folks to arrive at the event two hours too early. And considering we were only allowed to stay for a few minutes of Q&A because of overcrowding (and a poor PA system), needless to say the Seattle event was a tad disappointing for me.

Time zones have been an ongoing issue on these forums, so please, work to get them right.
Hey Vemtaz,

I unfortunately didn't realize that was an issue until the day of the event. At that point the event was already happening so no need to adjust. However I made sure that everything is correct for NY (since I typo'd the timezone for Seattle). As a general rule, event posts always should be in the timezone locally where the event is. Please let us know if you catch any errors like that in the future! For NY all of the information should correctly state EDT.

Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
Any way to RSVP without using Facebook?
RSVP is totally not necessary! You are welcome to just show up. We just use Facebook as a method to loosely gauge how many folks will be attending.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager

Tatile
09.03.2013 , 03:57 PM | #6
Mr. Musco, why don't you write up a quick FAQ for the questions you've already covered in previous pub crawls, so that you don't get people asking the same questions again? You've mentioned this being a problem before, but unless you're a person who's actually capable of attending every single pub crawl, it's nearly impossible to find out what has already been asked and answered.

EricMusco
09.03.2013 , 03:58 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Would you guys ever be able to have a Community Cantina on Long Island?
Unfortunately I don't think we would hit the island directly, probably the closest we will get is in the city, such as for NYCC. As long as traffic isn't too terrible on the Long Island Expressway it shouldn't be too bad of a jump over for the event though!

-eric

(I was born in NY and have a bunch of friends and family in and around the state . I have been stuck on the LIE for like, 6 hours before. Hopefully that shouldn't happen!)
Eric Musco | Community Manager

veyl
09.03.2013 , 04:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Unfortunately I don't think we would hit the island directly, probably the closest we will get is in the city, such as for NYCC. As long as traffic isn't too terrible on the Long Island Expressway it shouldn't be too bad of a jump over for the event though!
No one from out on the island takes their car into the city. The LIRR is a glorious thing... Plenty of time to sober up by the time you have to drive again

Also: I hope to see a lot of pretty women at this bar, preferably with princess leia buns.

Rasen
09.03.2013 , 04:37 PM | #9
When I saw the thread posted up I was a bit disappointed because I was going to be out of town for a few weeks. But then I saw the date. Thank god it's a whole month ahead. I'll try and make it so long as work, school, girls, family, friends, dog, raiding, pvping, metro cards and random friskings don't stop me!

Oh and if the islanders really want Bioware to come to them I'll offer my SUV up to transport the drunken devs and community team over to someone's house. Only then will we forc....uhmm forget it...

WillCaedes
09.03.2013 , 04:58 PM | #10
* THIS IS AN ADULT EVEN AND ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE TO PARTICIPATE. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SHOW ID.

Lololololololololololololololololololol.