Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small Changes for Sorcerers from the perspective of high tier PvP/PvE-

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Small Changes for Sorcerers from the perspective of high tier PvP/PvE-

Felkroth
09.04.2013 , 12:29 AM | #11
Sage/Sorc TK and Lightning trees need a redesign like how Sharpshooter/Marksman got its adjustments at 2.0.

paowee
09.04.2013 , 11:53 AM | #12
lightning AOE is the ****. Duno what you guys are smoking
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

sithBracer
09.04.2013 , 02:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Best burst healing? Explain this one to me. Sorc/Sage healing is ALL cast healing save for rejuvenate (HoT), and our DoT heal.
First cast Resurgence which gives a proc followed immediately by Innervate, this simple combination will already give you more healing especially if innervate crits more than once. If you get at least 2 procs from innervate you can almost immediately cast cast AoE. And in case you need to speed up a bit you always have polarizing shift to raise your alacrity to over 20% giving you a massive speed up in you casting and trance. It gets even easier if you have the arkanian special ability to lower your innervates CD (which I do).

I can't think of any other healer that can do so much in such a short time. For all the BS people talk about the op healer, in PvE I find that she is most useful as a sustained healer and kind of a lifeline when a person/people is/are dying. She is definitely better at sustained gradual healing and energy is easy to control with her (too easy imo).

Rocanon
09.04.2013 , 03:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
lightning AOE is the ****. Duno what you guys are smoking
People don't understand that classes and specs are different. -.-

Brittaany_Banks
09.06.2013 , 01:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
First cast Resurgence which gives a proc followed immediately by Innervate, this simple combination will already give you more healing especially if innervate crits more than once. If you get at least 2 procs from innervate you can almost immediately cast cast AoE. And in case you need to speed up a bit you always have polarizing shift to raise your alacrity to over 20% giving you a massive speed up in you casting and trance. It gets even easier if you have the arkanian special ability to lower your innervates CD (which I do).

I can't think of any other healer that can do so much in such a short time. For all the BS people talk about the op healer, in PvE I find that she is most useful as a sustained healer and kind of a lifeline when a person/people is/are dying. She is definitely better at sustained gradual healing and energy is easy to control with her (too easy imo).
Do you even understand the concept of what "burst" means in burst healing? Burst in this example means "instant" healing.

The AoE heal even when casted instantly will NEVER qualify as a burst heal. It is an AoE heal OVER TIME. Over time is not instant.

My innervate can do a minimum of 8k over the 3 seconds it channels, max 12.5k if it crits all 4 ticks. Thats a CHANCE to crit not a guaranteed crit btw and can not be relied on for burst healing. It is an integral part of your regular rotation and as such does not fall under the guise of a burst heal

The only thing in a sage/sorcs heal arsenal that can realistically qualify as a quasi burst healing ability would be hitting the ability that increases crit by 60% for the next two heals/attacks then 2 dark infusions/deliverances. I can heal about 11-12k twice in less than 5 seconds that way. That is the ONLY real burst healing a sage/sorc has. Spamming dark heal/benevolence will only tank your resource pool into nothingness.

Sages/Sorcs have really good sustained, regular healing. They can not be relied on for burst healing. They require long cooldowns to both increase critical chance, AND reduce cast times. If Sages/Sorces where really the best burst healers why would ANYONE take any healer into operations other than them? AoE heal + best burst healing would make them the alpha class healer.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

KeyboardNinja
09.06.2013 , 04:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
I can't think of any other healer that can do so much in such a short time.
Resurg = 2k initial, another 3k over time (we can only count the first tick in our 3 second "burst" window); 5k altogether in window
Innervate = 10k (including average crits)

Thus, you did 15k healing in 3 seconds. Let's look at a commando:

AMP > MP > BI

AMP = 5k
MP = 9k
BI = 7k

21k healing in 3 seconds.

Now let's imagine that you have to keep healing and Innervate is on CD. Do you…spam Dark Infusion? You can get about 9k healing every 2.3-2.5 seconds (depending on alacrity) with that, which means that your 6 second burst interval gives you 15k + 9k = 24k. A commando can use Supercharge Cells and continue hitting AMP > MP, which is another 14k healing in the time it took you to cast one Dark Infusion. Thus, the 6 second burst interval for a commando is 35k.

Also, don't forget that commandos *can* make the MP instant if they need to. (TO) MP > BI is 16k healing in a single GCD (BI is front-loaded). In other words, commandos can heal more in a single GCD than you can heal in three.

I'm sorry, but sorc burst healing isn't even remotely close to what the other healers can do. Sorcs have very slow, sustainable healing (especially AoE). It is for this reason that it's generally quite bad to double-stack Sorcs, since dealing with spike damage on the tanks becomes a real problem.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)