Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small Changes for Sorcerers from the perspective of high tier PvP/PvE-

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Small Changes for Sorcerers from the perspective of high tier PvP/PvE-

Treblt
09.02.2013 , 04:58 PM | #1
I want to get feedback from the PvE community as well, and possibly have some of you lovely guys/gals provide some number crunching so that there can be a clear consensus on numbers/data for the devs.
Read through this thread and please provide feedback. Hopefully the devs will look at it and take some of it into consideration when they do balancing after 2.4 launches.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=676997
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

sithBracer
09.02.2013 , 09:11 PM | #2
This should be on the sorc thread, but there is honestly not much that needs to be improved for PvE. They have the best AoE and it can be instacasted. They have the best burst healing and managing energy is pretty easy.

As for PvP, well I put my thoughts in the PvP section.

JDotter
09.02.2013 , 11:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
This should be on the sorc thread, but there is honestly not much that needs to be improved for PvE. They have the best AoE and it can be instacasted. They have the best burst healing and managing energy is pretty easy.

lol if you think sorc Aoe is near the best. I'm sorry just lol

Look at math on OS compared lighting storm + death Field and or chain lighting

dscount
09.02.2013 , 11:38 PM | #4

I agree with Milas.... plus "Best BURST healing"... please you are obviously clueless or just trolling the OP.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Gyronamics
09.03.2013 , 01:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
I agree with Milas.... plus "Best BURST healing"... please you are obviously clueless or just trolling the OP.
The sacrificial hitpoints of Force Armour can be described as a ridiculously spammable fast heal when covering a group.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Falver
09.03.2013 , 01:39 AM | #6
By the logic that they had with those fail question answers, a good solution would be to reduce the healing done by sages in general, and have more raw heal-boosting talents higher up in the tree. It'll make the class more specialized with less incentive to hybrid into Balance + healing for PvP (which is an incredibly annoying spec in PvP). If it comes down to it, a DPS sage right now without any healing talents can keep people up reasonably (resource management notwithstanding).
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

sithBracer
09.03.2013 , 08:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
lol if you think sorc Aoe is near the best. I'm sorry just lol

Look at math on OS compared lighting storm + death Field and or chain lighting
Sorry, I meant the best AoE heal. And out of the 3 healers, theirs really is the best.

sithBracer
09.03.2013 , 09:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
I have no issues with my sorc healer in PvE, but if you know a better burst healer, please let me know who it is? The op? the merc?

KeyboardNinja
09.03.2013 , 10:31 AM | #9
Sorry, I meant the best AoE heal. And out of the 3 healers, theirs really is the best.
Depends on your definition. Kolto Bomb/Kolto Missile is dramatically better as an AoE heal if you just need burst on four people. It doesn't heal for as much, but it front-loads it. In a lot of cases, that's more valuable.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Brittaany_Banks
09.03.2013 , 12:51 PM | #10

Best burst healing? Explain this one to me. Sorc/Sage healing is ALL cast healing save for rejuvenate (HoT), and our DoT heal.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate