Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Definition of Progression Raiding

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Definition of Progression Raiding

ninjonxb
09.02.2013 , 02:14 PM | #1
So, I am currently forming a new progression raid. I have advertised this on the fleet. A couple have messaged me and after discussing with them, according to them you are only on in a progression raid group if you are on NiM content.
This is against everything I have always considered a progression raid.

My definition of a progression raid is working on current content towards the goal of downing NiM content, but you could still be a progression raid and working through SM content. You are 'progressing' through current content.

These discussions also bring up another question related. This is what I post:
Quote:
<Raided M for Mature> Adult social guild recruiting for new progression raid group. Raid Tues/Thurs/Fri 8-11PM EST. PST for info. Recruiting DPS. Also taking any social players.
Do people in this game not know what "new" means?

Kudika
09.02.2013 , 03:27 PM | #2
I think you hit the nail on the head with your last line there...

It obviously, literally, means progressing through content. Where the start point is depends on the guild/player and since HM has been out for a while it isnt unreasonable for someone to assume progression raiding means tackling "new" content.

But if they bothered to read your ad properly they shouldnt be surprised that you want to have HM down first before you go and do the harder version. Are you selling it as the starting point to ensure you have a cohesive team together before the NiM content is started?

ninjonxb
09.02.2013 , 03:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kudika View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head with your last line there...

It obviously, literally, means progressing through content. Where the start point is depends on the guild/player and since HM has been out for a while it isnt unreasonable for someone to assume progression raiding means tackling "new" content.

But if they bothered to read your ad properly they shouldnt be surprised that you want to have HM down first before you go and do the harder version. Are you selling it as the starting point to ensure you have a cohesive team together before the NiM content is started?
Yeah, I am planning to run SM content for maybe a week or 2 just because I do have some people who have not done this content.

Even if everyone was geared for NiM, the group 100% new. Good chance no one has raided together. I would want everyone to get comfortable with each other before attempting NiM.