Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why all the ugly PvE armor?

Sentinel-Jordal
09.02.2013 , 01:16 PM | #31
WHY BW WHY???
Shall you NEVER learn?
As a female jedi sentinel I want to lokk like a jedi!
Yes that's right like a J-E-D-I!
As you seem to have forgot how a jedi looks like let me show you:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...i_masters1.jpg

Sorry for being so angry BW but this is even worse than the "potato sack robe"
http://www.trippintheforce.com/wp-co...-2-625x354.jpg

Just to let you know BW i HATE to use my hard earned credits (oh yes they are guess how many siths I had to kill to get them?) to move mods!!!!

Plz BW remove this CRAP and give me a jedi robe!
PLZ
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Darth-Malice
09.02.2013 , 01:37 PM | #32
They have ugly ingame armor because they want you to buy cartel packs.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Radzkie
09.02.2013 , 01:39 PM | #33
The Hallowed Gothic Armor hat needs to be bigger. lolol

Lunafox
09.02.2013 , 01:43 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Greetings, Ayelinna

Thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts about the new armor models. All player feedback is always incredibly valuable to us. While we fully understand your lacking satisfaction in this regard, please bear in mind armor you can acquire by playing the game you are paying for should essentially be treated as " place holder." This is gear you are supposed to wear while browsing Cartel Market© for your actual wardrobe.

I am very happy in being able to inform you that we at Electronic Arts are going to be able to deliver vast amount of brand new very good looking armor that deeply enriches players’ gameplay and essentially fuels their appetite to play more. Much of this armor is readily available to you already in SWTOR's exclusive Cartel Market store. If you think we will ever again just GIVE decent looking armor away when so many of you are actually perfectly wiling to,in adition to subscription fees, actually pay money for it, you are mistaken. We at Electronic Arts have come to realize subscriber having to pay 10 dollah for their armor is essential part in enjoyment of gear.

Kindlly bend over more fully so I can Monetize you better.

your pal,
EA©
Tee hee, clever. I can't tell you how much and how often I felt like I was being bent over and monetized by this game lol.
The Foundation of all Desire
At FanFiction.net

KotFE: I find your lack of Theron disturbing...WHERE'S THERON SHAN?

Arenatah
09.02.2013 , 04:10 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Greetings, Ayelinna

Thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts about the new armor models. All player feedback is always incredibly valuable to us. While we fully understand your lacking satisfaction in this regard, please bear in mind armor you can acquire by playing the game you are paying for should essentially be treated as " place holder." This is gear you are supposed to wear while browsing Cartel Market© for your actual wardrobe.

I am very happy in being able to inform you that we at Electronic Arts are going to be able to deliver vast amount of brand new very good looking armor that deeply enriches players’ gameplay and essentially fuels their appetite to play more. Much of this armor is readily available to you already in SWTOR's exclusive Cartel Market store. If you think we will ever again just GIVE decent looking armor away when so many of you are actually perfectly wiling to,in adition to subscription fees, actually pay money for it, you are mistaken. We at Electronic Arts have come to realize subscriber having to pay 10 dollah for their armor is essential part in enjoyment of gear.

Kindlly bend over more fully so I can Monetize you better.

your pal,
EA©
I'm laughing but secretly crying inside because I know that it's true
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

Vis-Tecum
09.02.2013 , 04:28 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
They have ugly ingame armor because they want you to buy cartel packs.
so then why do they have ugly armor in the cartel packs?

let me guess... when its in a cartel pack its just clueless bad designers but if its a ugly tier piece or rep item its a conspiracy to get people to buy cartel packs
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

SlayerNL
01.14.2015 , 04:17 PM | #37
I totally agree.
For example: When i'm on my Jedi Guardian, i have the following companions:

* T7-01
* Kira Carsen
* Sergeant Rusk
* Lord Scourge
* Doc
* HK-51
* C2-N2
* Treek

Now 2 of those companions (Kira Carsen & Sgt. Rusk) have armor equiped
that i consider "ugly".

Kira Carsen has currently this set equipped called: Black Market Force-Lord's MK-1
As for Sergeant Rusk, he has this set equipped: Black Market Boltblaster's MK-1

Now as far as i can tell,

Kira Carsen is sorta like a "Jedi Shadow"
(since she uses a double-bladed lightsaber and uses "Willpower" as her primary stat)

and Sgt. Rusk is more like a Commando
(since he uses an Assault Cannon and uses "Aim" as his primary stat)

Right?

Well, anyways... the point is:
When i choose to have Kira fighting alongside me, i really wanna have the feeling i have a fellow Jedi by my side.
When i choose to have Rusk fighting alongside me, i really wanna have the feeling i have a trooper by my side.

Yes, i know there are also dyes available but even with a different color it looks ugly.
Yes, i know i can hide the headslot but let's take Kira for example: With her current equipped set, she looks bald if i hide her head item but if i don't hide it, she looks like a ninja. As for Sgt. Rusk's current equipped armor, it has no pattern and is just plain ugly.

Surely there are enough other people out there that can do a better job in designing some decent looking armor.
Which means... i think that those that create ugly armor sets just like those 2 i mentioned above should be shot.

What they should do is design armor, then place some pictures of it on the forum (or just on the site for that matter) and give us the chance to comment and/or vote on it before it's going ot be implemented in the game.
'coz we are the ones playing the game. We are the ones that have to put up with this.

As it is now, they design armor, then put it in-game wether we like it or not anyway
Oh, and just to make something clear... i'm not talking about armor that are known as "greenies"
Those will be replaced anyways. I'm talking about purples and orange. (Artifact & Custom / Adaptive)

Some of u "may" consider this as whining / crying while others "may" agree with me.
This is just my opinion. This is how i feel about it.
Sidior | Level 55 | Sorcerer Dagojo | Level 55 | Sniper
Ja'zelnee | Level 55 | Sage Veshlan | Level 60 | Guardian

redsovereign
01.14.2015 , 04:47 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SlayerNL View Post
I totally agree.
That necromancy...
I'll make this completely clear, rookie--when you're in the field, what I say goes. Period!

XiamaraSimi
01.14.2015 , 04:59 PM | #39
The Xiamara Legacy Jung Ma Nightmare Squadron
Simi, Anyamara, Anyankha, Apollimi, Xiamara, Betanya, S'imi, Kitsune'tsuki, Shi'ara, Tayanna, Asuka
BIOWARE PLEASE FIX THE BROKEN IMPERIAL SOR INTROS, ITS BEEN 8+ MONTHS!

SlayerNL
01.14.2015 , 05:08 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by redsovereign View Post
That necromancy...
What?
Sidior | Level 55 | Sorcerer Dagojo | Level 55 | Sniper
Ja'zelnee | Level 55 | Sage Veshlan | Level 60 | Guardian