Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let us feed suggestions to the SSSP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Let us feed suggestions to the SSSP

jorill
09.02.2013 , 08:07 AM | #11
At this point without knowing more i would just like to have the option to fly my own ship

jedip_enguin
09.02.2013 , 09:11 AM | #12
Yes, yes, lets post a bunch of unrealistic expectations dressed up as 'suggestions'

That always ends well.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

ZirusZero
09.02.2013 , 09:38 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jedip_enguin View Post
Yes, yes, lets post a bunch of unrealistic expectations dressed up as 'suggestions'

That always ends well.
Do you really think my expectations are that high for the start of SSSP? Please. What I posted is what they could possibly add later.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

jedip_enguin
09.02.2013 , 10:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Do you really think my expectations are that high for the start of SSSP? Please. What I posted is what they could possibly add later.
Even as a long view (which you never stated you were taking) you are deliriously optimistic.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Arkerus
09.02.2013 , 10:36 AM | #15
Yes. Most of what your suggested in the space project are lofty and extremely unrealistic for a first release. You are throwing things into the mix that sound "cool" without any real through to the consequences or impact on gameplay.

This why you don't design games for a living. Its 100 times more complicated than just saying "this sounds awesome" and saying "make it happen."
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Arkerus
09.02.2013 , 10:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jorill View Post
At this point without knowing more i would just like to have the option to fly my own ship
Based on the data at hand, no. This appears to be some kind of PvP scenario where each side has 3 basic ships: heavy, medium and light. Each probably has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Now bioware did say there is more to the project than just this video so its possible there is some type of PvE scenario where you can fly your own ship.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Savej
09.02.2013 , 10:59 AM | #17
My one suggestion is for them to change the name.

Ayla-Sacura
09.02.2013 , 11:05 AM | #18
I got plenty in store.

-Legacy ship unlock, allowing you to use another ship from one of your alts after completing chapter 3 with said alt. Companions would be in the same areas as they normally would, such as Doc replacing Dr. Lokin inside the the Phantom's medbay, T7 or Risha taking the place of scorpio in the engine room, etc.

- You can swap ships before entering the hangar by clicking on the newly installed door panel. They would exist by every ship instance, no matter if it be hangar door or airlock.

- Current on rails space missions would be referred to as classic space missions, in where the rewards would be classic space comms.

- Ship boarding can be allowed if the player accepts the offer. In PvP, you can attempt this with a crippled ship to kill the crew members inside. When boarding a hostile ship, all companions inside become hostile to the boarders. Whoever loses the scuffle has to go back to the fleet for repairs.

- The more people inside your ship, the more weapons you can use by sitting down in a chair allowing for additional support such as turret manning. They will also be very helpful should boarding action occur.

- Guild capital ships will come into play by allowing players to fly to it for meetings and such. Other rival guilds/hostile faction can attempt to cripple the ship, forcing repairs before allowing bonuses such as extra space XP, etc. Hostile players can also stage a boarding party attempting to cripple the ship a la battlefront 2. Guild capital ships will have built in defenses such as auto turrets, and can purchase more with credits.

- You can now sit down in all chairs on your ship instead of the command deck, and lie down on your bed by clicking one half of it. By doing so, you gain full rested XP in quicker time. This could also be used to help RP.

-You can now play 2 player holochess inside your ship. The other 2 sitting on the couch will be the spectators.

- Control over planets can now be established by capturing/destroying the main orbital station. This would not affect canon nor the normal process of going to a planet's surface. By capturing a planet, you gain whatever bonus for that area.

- All ships now have turret controls you can reach for additional players. Example: The smuggler's turret area now utilizes the latter for reaching them.
Add to the list *open* space free roam thou i doubt they will do it. Other then that i would be pretty much happy with what you listed in that post.

Oh and while they are at it...GIEF MOAR PAZZAK, my smuggie is still waiting for pazzak so i can gamble all my riches away....Let me do it QQ
“Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece.”
Active characters Teut'a & Lysandr'a Progenitor server!
https://www.facebook.com/jovana.milosevic.330

Izorii
09.02.2013 , 11:24 AM | #19
What I would like to see is **** pit view and joystick control
True space PvP not area's but open space PvP with NPC ships and missions
Everything that made SWG space a good space experience.
Lots of Space missions, quests, dailys and repeatable missions.

DarrelK
09.02.2013 , 02:38 PM | #20
Quote:
-You can now play 2 player holochess inside your ship. The other 2 sitting on the couch will be the spectators.
Dejarik. Please. Please? After Dejarik - Sabacc. I mean, come on... imagine all the fun it would be to gamble away millions of credits :P