Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing the Seattle Community Cantina Event to Full

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Healing the Seattle Community Cantina Event to Full

TheNahash
09.01.2013 , 09:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I love these lame excuses. Your class only does well because YOU are awesome (and a gift from God) and the WZ ignores you. (Stupid plebians)

SO ridiculous. You are doing well because Sorcs don't need major changes. Perhaps some tweaks but overall there isn't a lot wrong with the class.
You are completely wrong here, Arkerus. The class doesn't lack the tools if left to freecast, especially if we're talking about pure damage and the Lightning tree - but then again no class does - but the point is that if freecasting is hard in an 8vs8 map, where you have the room to run and kite and LoS, imagine how that will be like in the smaller 4vs4 Arenas.
The point Sorcerers are trying to make is that we need pampering that in normal warzones you can't expect to find because people rarely care if you survive as long as they do, even if sometimes their survival is linked to yours.

Operatives/Scoundrels are doing well because they can get good numbers AND don't need you to constantly look after them.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Phrase
09.01.2013 , 09:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
We're only doing well because there are seven other people in wzs to help distract/heal/taunt in an exceedingly uncoordinated environment. I and many other sorcs I've played with consistently top our team's charts, if not the entire wz's, but that's a result of knowing the class and the general concept behind cloth classes in every game, using the environment, using our offensive cooldowns and generally hoping your opponents are incompetents.

In other words, we do well, sometimes exceptionally so, if left alone. The issue comes when we are trained by melee who have several roots, slows, stuns and lots of burst. With the exception of healers specced into Fadeout, we have a whopping one cooldown to blow in those situations, and that's up only every 2.5 minutes at best, whereas you look at operatives with Shield Probe, Evasion, stealth at baseline, all of which are on 1 minute or less timers, not to mention how well they get buffed when specced for, and then there's the medium armor.

You see some sorcs doing well because we are, typically, highly intelligent and aware of our surroundings and abilities. What comes with that is an acute awareness of our flaws, too.

Regarding the OP, they really should have said that all they were paying attention to for these answers was the live game, and not the PTS where only a handful of highly skilled players (Mudclot, Thurinlore, Xenobia, etc) are able to make the class work when presented with the godcleave, and even then it's a very uphill battle.
So in other words you do well because you've learned to play your class?

Also, do you realize that you ought to be shut down in the situation you describe (i.e. being focused by melee) because that is exactly how your (or any class for that matter) ought to be countered and that this is what true class balance is? E.g. classes are meant to have flaws, it's part of balance.

Sixgun
The Bastion

announcerharris
09.01.2013 , 09:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post

Also, do you realize that you ought to be shut down in the situation you describe (i.e. being focused by melee) because that is exactly how your (or any class for that matter) ought to be countered and that this is what true class balance is? E.g. classes are meant to have flaws, it's part of balance.
I don't think he does. That question was not on the IQ test that you apparently have to pass in order to roll a sorcerer.
Phalcon hopes you Have A Nice Day!

Sangrar
09.01.2013 , 09:48 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Perhaps I didn't really explain why I went in the first place.

This time last week, we sorcs were healing the forums to full after being told to make them pay for trying to kill us. (Click the link in my sig for more explanation and laughs.) This led us sorcs to have certain perception problems as the answers we received last week certainly did not seem right, and I refer more to the tone of said answers than anything else.
I just saw that video hilarious!
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Fixiooo
09.01.2013 , 10:07 AM | #15
1. They're always listening.
2. They're always paying attention.
3. They're always gathering feedback.

Doesn't get more politically correct than this. Perhaps if they'd put half as much effort into balance as they do in copy pasting armors into the Cartel Market this game would see a much brighter future.

Aelaias
09.01.2013 , 11:52 AM | #16
The two things I got from a superficial review of his respons were 1. In the future we will try to be more polite about the way we go about telling players to go **** themselves, and 2. We are employing mathematicians with no real concept of how the game actually works for individual classes to balance said classess such that one wz after another in which teams of derpers allow a sorc/sage to freecast heals means that the class is A-OK.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 12:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
We're only doing well because there are seven other people in wzs to help distract/heal/taunt in an exceedingly uncoordinated environment. I and many other sorcs I've played with consistently top our team's charts, if not the entire wz's, but that's a result of knowing the class and the general concept behind cloth classes in every game, using the environment, using our offensive cooldowns and generally hoping your opponents are incompetents.
In other words... working as intended, and working well in .... wait for it..... group play... by.. wait for it.. competent players. Astonishing... balanced around good group play and expectations as to average skill of players... NOT solo monkey_key_smash while blind folded play.

The only concern I have from what the OP relayed form the Cantina Event is now they are saying they need to rebalance due to Arena play.. yet in other discussions.... they admit that Blizzard blew it with this approach and they have vowed to have learned from the lesson. So.. I genuinely hope that any adjustments to arenas is careful, considerate, and does not destroy other play in the game as the expense to balance a class in arenas.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 12:48 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
The two things I got from a superficial review of his respons were 1. In the future we will try to be more polite about the way we go about telling players to go **** themselves, and 2. We are employing mathematicians with no real concept of how the game actually works for individual classes to balance said classess such that one wz after another in which teams of derpers allow a sorc/sage to freecast heals means that the class is A-OK.
Nice hyperbole with a snarky cherry on top there.

You forgot that for your number 1 take away.. they have to get in line behind the players on that first.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

AlrikFassbauer
09.02.2013 , 06:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Please tell me : Do you think it is intended that some classes are easier to "learn to play your class" than other classes are ?
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.

Reno_Tarshil
09.02.2013 , 08:11 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Please tell me : Do you think it is intended that some classes are easier to "learn to play your class" than other classes are ?
Lightning Spec Sorcerer is like the easiest thing to play in the game...