Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Attention: Assassin Tanks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Attention: Assassin Tanks

Simmerr
09.07.2013 , 08:36 PM | #11
Either a rolling 5% DR buff tied to force breach, or a buff to our armor rating, and sins would be fine. The shielded attacks are fine, the issue is the comparative damage we take on unshieldable attack vs juggs and VG's

Your first idea would be vastly OP in PVP, while your second does nothing to solve the spikiness issue, and instead only contributes to the problem. I can't heal myself when I get spiked to death...
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS
You're gonna push your luck

Rilok_Singz
09.18.2013 , 07:43 PM | #12
Honestly I love my shadow to death, but you can't fix stupid. There are literally hundreds of threads on whats wrong with each tank and why guardians are the only tanks worth taking in both pvp and pve with numbers, videos, and even solutions on how to fix the issues. Dev's for whatever reason feel everything is fine which is why they are loosing more and more people as the weeks go by. Trust me, I applaud your attempt to reach out to the dev's like many before you, but I honestly doubt they even read the forums. I've just decided to roll 1 of each tank until Wildstar comes out.
S h a d o w R i l o k | V a n g u a r d I s r
T h e B a s t i o n | P o t 5

verfallen
09.18.2013 , 08:40 PM | #13
Sin tank under normal circumstances are already the tank that requires the less healing due to having more self-heals than the others.

The issue comes, from what I understand it since I haven,t done that new content at that difficulty yet, 16m NiM boss that have some hard hitters that can ONESHOT the sin tank if the RNG doesnt like you.

Having a cooldown popping off as you die will not be a ton of help. You'd actually would need to have Overcharge saber on before the hit come.

Neither are MORE self-heals on shielding, since the issue happen when shielding/parrying fails. So you'd do pretty much an assassin shelter. By that I mean, break something, and in exchange give a boost somewhere that you were already more than fine.

I'm fine with assassin having less armor than other tanks. But when we have Arsenal Merc with the same reduction closer to us than we are to other tanks, I'm kinda wondering if an improvement to the armor rating wouldn't be justified. Even more, DECEPTION effective DR is roughly 6% under with entropic field stacks on (which is normally fast enough)

Overcharge saber gives a significant period where spikiness is extremely reduced. The availability of it could be looked at. Seeing as DPS sin are also having issues, maybe reducing the cooldown on the ability to 1 minute?

But more easily, simply aiming for an higher armor rating would fix a lot of the issues imo.

kennethdale
09.18.2013 , 10:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
But more easily, simply aiming for an higher armor rating would fix a lot of the issues imo.
You're absolutely right. I recently did the math to prove that the Exotech Absorb adrenal (+Armor) is better than the Nano-Infused Adrenal (+Absorb/Shield) and found that the armor it adds is a whopping 12.43% DR. Thats just 1675 armor (Less than separates light from heavy armor) and it would take more than 1000 damage off of a 10k hit. Increasing their armor is a MUST.
55 Mercenary { Drekevac } rDPS || 55 Marauder { Kryu } mDPS
55 Sorcerer { Jahaerys } Heal
55 Juggernaut { Caryu } Tank || 55 Assassin { Vellys } Tank

wainot-keel
09.20.2013 , 07:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by XisscVekno View Post
The problem is PVP, no matter what is decided to fix our spikiness can't affect PVP to much. If it does we are just begging to be put back in the same boat we where in pre-2.0 with all the nerfs we got back then.
Too bad they didn't listen to people during beta, asking to separate PvP and PvE trees. They are both very different environments, it only makes sense having them apart. Now it's probably too late to such change.
And yeah, PvP will take precedence because, well, you don't have Kelsara, Kephess, etc complaining about being killed by X class or something.

Grumpftard
09.20.2013 , 04:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
And yeah, PvP will take precedence because,....words words words
Not likely. Granted I don't PvP, but it always seems like the threads I read have it to where what adjustments they actually DO make are PvE based and it always screws the PvP'ers. It always sounds like PvP gets no luv.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You really don't have to say much more than that!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / Gr'umpf =Op Heals / Jei'Dahl =Merc DPS

nagatamen
09.20.2013 , 08:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
Not likely. Granted I don't PvP, but it always seems like the threads I read have it to where what adjustments they actually DO make are PvE based and it always screws the PvP'ers. It always sounds like PvP gets no luv.
I'm going to have to disagree with you Grumpf, from what I remember of the patch history from 1.0 to 2.0 we received armor debuffs after major bouts of qq about Combat Stance/Dark Charge players wearing DPS PvP gear in a DPS spec (may have gotten the exact combo wrong) on the PvP forums. We were very powerful in PvE at that time too, but it was the PvP crowd that got the changes pushed through at the speed they did. If it was merely a PvE balancing issue they'd have pretty stable damage output numbers to predict and test with only needing to make one change, PvP on the other hand can vary by a lot making it harder to guage thus requiring multiple smaller changes (like we received).

LadyDarkkitten
09.21.2013 , 02:27 AM | #18
Do you think giving a sin tank a "cheat death" mechanic would help? attacks that reduce the sin sin to below zero health instead leave it at 1% health and leave it immune to further damage for x secs. this effect can only occur once every 90 secs. Or an attack that lowers the sins health below zero doesnt immediately kill the sin, instead they get 5 secs to heal the damage/have it healed. something of this ilk. Would that help? and also be more fitting with our self healing mechanic.
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr
Here is my argument. The PvP is so good and balanced the game has to go free to play if it hopes to survive. More than 2/3rds of the player base left because PvP is too good. It's so good and balanced that no one wants to play it.

nagatamen
09.21.2013 , 10:01 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDarkkitten View Post
Do you think giving a sin tank a "cheat death" mechanic would help? attacks that reduce the sin sin to below zero health instead leave it at 1% health and leave it immune to further damage for x secs. this effect can only occur once every 90 secs. Or an attack that lowers the sins health below zero doesnt immediately kill the sin, instead they get 5 secs to heal the damage/have it healed. something of this ilk. Would that help? and also be more fitting with our self healing mechanic.
I think that would help a lot, but I don't trust Bioware to program it right and expect it to fail fairly often given their history with Resilience.

From my opinion on a lore stance, I think an ability like Monks have in WoW would be appropriate. For those of you not familiar with it, when Monks take damage they don't take all of the damage right away. Instead depending on their stats they take a portion of the damage immediately and then the rest is turned into a DoT. As they keep taking damage the DoT gets bigger and bigger so they have ways to reset it (I think Resilience, Battle Readiness or even a new CD could do that). Reasoning behind the Lore connection would be that Shadows/Assassins infuse themselves with the Force and it gives them greater stamina (or something along those lines). But as I mentioned before I don't know if I trust Bioware to program it correctly, so an armor boost (only have to change 1-2 variables, can't mess up that much in the process) would probably be the safest bet.

Amathal
09.21.2013 , 12:54 PM | #20
Here's an idea with the pvp problem with the armor buff for sin tanks... put it high enough in the Darkness tree that only tanks can really benefit from it and not pvp hybrid specs.

Take Hollow and switch it with tiers with mounting darkness.
Then have Hollow read as follows:
Increase your shield absorption by [2/4%]. In addition when Dark Charge is active increase armor rating by [10/20%], also when you activate Overcharge Saber while Dark Charge is active damage reduction is increase by [12.5/25%] for the duration.

This way we get that armor increase Sin/Shadow tank need so much to help lessen the damage we take from the spikiness. Now understandably the percent I put in for armor may need to lower or higher to help balance us out between Juggy and Powertech tanks
Bao-Dur: I'll take the stupid one who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us when he had the chance

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...99/amathal.png