Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A positive thread.

Ayelinna
09.01.2013 , 08:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGoldsilver View Post
To complainers: if you don't like the game, go play something else
Ahhh there it is.

But anyway, you've added no reasoning behind your posting. You said this is a great game, but you gave no reason as to why, in your own personal opinion, think it is a great game...the rest of your post is talking about other people, or "complaining about the complainers".

I will taking the appropriate actions. No doubt someone will come along and......oh wait, they've already posted

Thanks have a nice day

Cyberwoman
09.01.2013 , 08:30 AM | #12
I think that it is a shame how the opinions on the game are usually categorized in to two categories. Anyone who says anything positive about the game is declared a 'white knight' who views the game via tinted glasses, while anyone who criticizes the game is declared a troll who detests the game with a passion.

There is a difference between stating what you like about the game and what you think works, and mindless praising. In the same way, there is a difference between giving constructive criticism and trolling/complaining for the sake of it.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Sangrar
09.01.2013 , 09:36 AM | #13
I would like to be clear on something, I really like this game a lot. I have played since early access and I have been happy ever since. I only complain because of real issues such as a class spec once considered great getting ripped apart or, more recently, the new obroan gear preview that is really disturbing in that the republic and imperial classes mirror eachother and the non force user classes get new suits that don't look at all what they would wear ( again know its only placeholder art just hope when its released there isn't just a cheap recolor and that's it).

Anyway the point is that I don't like to complain but as a paying customer of the Old Republic I do believe I got the right to be heard by the game producers and that we are entitles to at least some feedback positive or negative. I love this game a lot that is why I post negative feedback at times, because obviously Bioware wants to know what its players want right? thanks to that we got tauntaun mounts, cathar race options, adaptive armor, new pvp arenas coming up, and this
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

LordArtemis
09.01.2013 , 10:08 AM | #14
Complaints are fine IMO. Praise is fine IMO.

As long as neither one is qualified by the other.

That is where it falls down. This isn't a political party or religion...it's a video game. You do not lend credibility to any positive or negative viewpoint by complaining about those that oppose your view or deriding them.

Otherwise it's nothing more than negative or positive propaganda IMO. Drop the agenda and just state your case, one way or another.

Andryah
09.01.2013 , 01:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
I love this game a lot that is why I post negative feedback at times, because obviously Bioware wants to know what its players want right? thanks to that we got tauntaun mounts, cathar race options, adaptive armor, new pvp arenas coming up, and this
Like most people, you focus on the negative out of a need to express your frustrations. It's OK.. that is part of our nature as humans. But please.. don't conflate it as being what changes the game... stand for what it is, not hide behind faux power claims.

Negative feedback did not get us Tauntauns, or Cathar, or Adaptive Armor, or Arenas. Positive and constructive suggestions coupled with much discussion and the occasional gold post did that. Do you see a forum titled "Insert Complaints Here"? NO. We have a Suggestion Forum (a couple of them in fact), and a Bug Report Forum.

Some of the most critical and beneficial discussions in this forum have taken place without the need for constant negative context. It's as simple as moving from "abc sucks" to "I think a change like xyz... could improve abc".

Negative feedback serves no constructive value. It is by definition negative, and It is destructive by nature and not necessary unless one simply needs to express their anger and frustrations. Being a game.. one of many on the market.. I often wonder why anyone plays one if it frustrates or angers them. But, that is for the player to decide for themselves.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Sangrar
09.02.2013 , 11:02 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Like most people, you focus on the negative out of a need to express your frustrations. It's OK.. that is part of our nature as humans. But please.. don't conflate it as being what changes the game... stand for what it is, not hide behind faux power claims.

Negative feedback did not get us Tauntauns, or Cathar, or Adaptive Armor, or Arenas. Positive and constructive suggestions coupled with much discussion and the occasional gold post did that. Do you see a forum titled "Insert Complaints Here"? NO. We have a Suggestion Forum (a couple of them in fact), and a Bug Report Forum.

Some of the most critical and beneficial discussions in this forum have taken place without the need for constant negative context. It's as simple as moving from "abc sucks" to "I think a change like xyz... could improve abc".

Negative feedback serves no constructive value. It is by definition negative, and It is destructive by nature and not necessary unless one simply needs to express their anger and frustrations. Being a game.. one of many on the market.. I often wonder why anyone plays one if it frustrates or angers them. But, that is for the player to decide for themselves.
hey I do constructive feedback, I do praise stuff in this game, but sometimes there is something that bothers me and other players, its not like we will just keep silent, and I never said complaining got us cathar, tuantaun mounts, and other stuff, I meant feedback over what we wanted gave us that stuff as well as Bioware wanting to listen to our opinions over what we wanted, I never at all complained about tauntauns they are awesome I got one the first day it came out
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot