Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB NiM Damagetype Numbers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
TFB NiM Damagetype Numbers

AAAAzrael
09.04.2013 , 10:16 AM | #11
Do I reason correctly that taking into account information from this thread and previous discussion of tank stat distributions based on damage ratios gearing shadow tank with all absorb mods and enhancements and leaving only defence from, stim, relic and implants can't be far off optimal for 8-man NiM and should work reasonably well in HM as well?

My group is struggling a lot in NiM on the healing side and I am trying to make it as easy as possible on my end.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

KeyboardNinja
09.04.2013 , 12:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
Do I reason correctly that taking into account information from this thread and previous discussion of tank stat distributions based on damage ratios gearing shadow tank with all absorb mods and enhancements and leaving only defence from, stim, relic and implants can't be far off optimal for 8-man NiM and should work reasonably well in HM as well?

My group is struggling a lot in NiM on the healing side and I am trying to make it as easy as possible on my end.
NiM of both ops is really hard to heal, but generally more because of insane raid damage and spikes rather than numerical inefficiencies in tank mitigation. In other words, while it's commendable to min-max your gear very carefully (and every serious tank should do this), it's not going to be the silver bullet. :-(
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

AAAAzrael
09.04.2013 , 12:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
NiM of both ops is really hard to heal, but generally more because of insane raid damage and spikes rather than numerical inefficiencies in tank mitigation. In other words, while it's commendable to min-max your gear very carefully (and every serious tank should do this), it's not going to be the silver bullet. :-(
On our first NiM TWH we struggled with huge inefficency on my guardian co-tanks part (basically he was close to death at all times and healers were struggling with energy managment, all our until the kill were due to him dying while tanking the boss) - the damage taken difference according to torparse was at around 250DPS range. His gear was improved since and our today's run was supposed to be much easier, but I also was trying to extract some performance of my gear and as I manage to get some good enhancements and mods I went for all absorb build on those. I didn't have much opportunity to play in this set-up due to lockouts so cannot yet say how it works but I was hoping it would be much better.

We also attempted Dash and Kephess in NiM and they both felt like hitting a brick wall in terms of healing requirement. We have to investigate what we are doing wrong, but I always try to make it as easy as possible for healers on tank side hence my questions. We might not be top tier raiding guild but I am myself pretty driven on getting better at what I do. Sorry if I fill these forums with too many questions in future
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley Deposer of the Dread Masters
Gate Crasher Joshased / Xartanol The Revanchist
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

Razzberry
09.06.2013 , 11:29 AM | #14
Why were the damage numbers deleted from the original post? There doesn't seem to be anything incendiary in this thread that would warrant a rage-delete of that type of useful information.

dipstik
09.06.2013 , 01:57 PM | #15
Yeah, I don't see anything that would warrant thok's deletions either. Too bad, I was going to try to get rough pre mit numbers tonight when I got back.

THoK-Zeus
09.06.2013 , 05:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
Yeah, I don't see anything that would warrant thok's deletions either. Too bad, I was going to try to get rough pre mit numbers tonight when I got back.
I was harrassed by some of the people, also by some from the tanking community (most of the posts were already removed by bioware it seems) and i am sick of all the lieing and screaming without arguments everywhere in the class forums.

Therefore i will not provide any more data (tfb. sv nim...) for the community.

For me it's not okay when people harass me over pages without a single argument and then let their raid Group gear up their tanks according to my work. (the raid group was not even able to clear DG so far even they have the best class-setup (atleast they think ))

Vaidinah
09.06.2013 , 06:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
I was harrassed by some of the people, also by some from the tanking community (most of the posts were already removed by bioware it seems) and i am sick of all the lieing and screaming without arguments everywhere in the class forums.

Therefore i will not provide any more Information (sv nim...) for the community.

For me it's not okay when people harass me over pages without a single argument and then let their raid Group gear up their tanks according to my work. (the raid group was not even able to clear DG so far even they have the best class-setup (atleast they think ))
I would say that you shouldn't worry about such people. People like that are most likely going to still fail because people like that refuse to accept their mistakes. The differences in perfect gearing and not-so perfect gearing are fairly mild, anyways, so it's not like their benefits from your work are going to change anything in their situation. For other people who want to do as much as they can to help their team, it helps them out significantly.

Even though I agree with you that many people in the community act deplorably, I don't believe it's fair to punish those people who are reasonable to also punish those people who are not. While it's your decision since it's your work, it's important to remember that there are a great many people who just lurk on the forums to read the discussion while the people complaining loudly and frequently are a minority of the community.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

Selenial
09.06.2013 , 06:31 PM | #18

Therefore i will not provide any more data (tfb. sv nim...) for the community.

I'd be very Interested in the Numbers, if you don't mind...

You have to think, for every 10 annoying ragers, if you help 1 person get his/her guild through NIM then it's worth it... But it's totally up to you!
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

THoK-Zeus
09.12.2013 , 05:20 AM | #19
I did put the data back online again.

@dipstik:
The pre migation damage values i get are the following (again thats just values with the standardized gear i assumed):

TWH: 4698,134235
DG: 4028,283556
Op9: 3697,426612
Kephess: 3171,555692
TFB: 4111,347592

(Be aware that if you for example maintank kephess during Phase 2, you will obviously get way more damage there i took again the average out of maintank/offtank numbers)

I have one question: Why do you need them? Cause they are largely connected to the attack types. A boss with a lot of m/r damage, will do way less damage to a tank, then a boss with a lot of i/e damage (Kephess vs. TWH for example), although their pre migation damage numbers might be the same.

Berjiz
09.12.2013 , 09:21 AM | #20
I did put the data back online again.
Awesome
Drebi Darkness Assassin
Ve'shix Carnage Marauder

The Red Eclipse