Possible models for the new Dread Forged armor

Iwipe

Hey everyone, the PTS patch today also added the vendors for the new Dread Forged PvE gear, while the armors are all using placeholders, the vendors are themselves wearing a new set of armor. Based on some observations in the past, the vendors tend to wear the gear they are selling so these models might be for the new Dread Forged armor.

Stats wise, they are rating 180 with 78 mods, so slightly better than Kell Dragon from Nighmare TFB and S&V.

I like to emphasis "possible" as these could be wrong models, placeholders or Bioware simply put NPCs models from Oricon as temporary model for the vendors.

Here are some pics: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/29/swtor-possible-models-for-the-dread-forged-new-pve-armor/

New: Obroan Pvp set, which have similar models with different colors: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/swtor-obroan-pvp-armor-and-weapon-preview/

Edited by Iwipe

They do look better than the previous ones, imho, although I would prefer more uniqueness for each class. They are basically the same thing with minor differences between classes.

Too much gold for my taste but hey, at least huge shoulderpads are gone (almost).

And I assume they'll be dyeable so all in all I'd say they are nice.

(headpieces are still awful, though)

EDIT: I wonder whatever happened to that Sith Inquisitor armor from the Rise of the Hutt Cartel ads...

Edited by TheNahash

Uhhhhh..... please please please let those be placeholders. There is absolutely no way my Sentinel (or any of my characters for that matter) is going to be wearing that. Too much gold, too similar between classes, and just totally not "Star Wars".

I REALLY hope these are indeed placeholders or just NPC armor. There is absolutely NOTHING about this armor that says Star Wars, nothing at all. My BH will not ever put a single piece of that gear on. If this does indeed turn out to be the next tier then it will be obvious that it is to push us to continue buying from the CM if we don't want our characters to looks ridiculous.

Funny, with plenty of the old outfits I saw many complains how redicilous comical they look, now BioWare tunes it down, give more bland outfits, and the people still complain, this time that it doesn't look awesome enough. Actually, I think they look like they could work pretty good in Star Wars.

My opinion (and hope) is that they look like placeholders. I mean I like the gold and stuff but the fact is that these sets are all SO similar to each other. The only differences are in the size and the headpieces. The general idea of the armor is cool I think but the different classes are all way too similar.

I like the designs, they work for a Dread themed set without being Dread Masters helms. The Bounty Hunter helm could've worked with my old Powertech 'Iron Man' themed tank set. The Inquisitor helm could be used with a regal themed look, the Warrior helm I'd prefer with an open back mask, it'd look good if you can dye it like a Predator mask with dreadlocks coming out the back of it. I don't mind working the Consular or Knight look, but for the others it doesn't suit the class that well. Certainly a positive change from the old set. Edited by Corsiero

Oh please... lay off your design team and your art director! This is most awful! You've had so many bad designs - but these are even worse!

Why are people who obviously hate the style of Star Wars designing the armor for a Star Wars game?

Send them to Warhammer, or where ever this s*@#+ fits to.

Edited by discbox

Those designs work for a Supper Hero cartoon but not Star Wars, i mean what happened to simple and natural looking armor?

I think they need to find a new designing team because a WHOLE bunch artists in world has the talent and wish to draw Star Wars related Art...

Edited by saremun

I guess the art team is just bored and wants to show off what they can do, I can't imagine drawing robes and trooper gear allows for a lot of variety.

But I do agree it doesn't seem Star Wars-ish.

It doesn't help that all of the Star Wars gear is on the cartel market.

Funny, with plenty of the old outfits I saw many complains how redicilous comical they look, now BioWare tunes it down, give more bland outfits, and the people still complain, this time that it doesn't look awesome enough. Actually, I think they look like they could work pretty good in Star Wars.

Because it's even more awful and over-the-top?