Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same interface between multiple computers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Same interface between multiple computers?

Fadmotherbucker
08.27.2013 , 08:12 AM | #1
I play SWTOR on my laptop and desktop, but when I make changes to the UI on one it doesn't show up on the other. So it appears saving the interface only saves it locally, to have the same interface on both computers do I have to go copying files?

jamescloutier
08.27.2013 , 08:36 AM | #2
This should help you copy from one machine to the other.

http://www.swtorui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10

Dallayna
08.27.2013 , 11:00 AM | #3
You can also adjust and then save your own layout through the UI editor. Just click on the element you want to adjust and use the dialog screen to change it's size, shape, and/or enable/disable it and drag it to where on the screen you want. When you get all of the elements the way you want, just go to the dialog box, type in the name you want to save it as and choose "Save Layout." Then you can load the layout as the guide suggests- pick your layout's name through the UI editor dialog box drop-down menu and click "Load."

Hope that helps.
I Defeat Enemies Endless! Add Another!

Adric_the_Red
08.27.2013 , 11:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fadmotherbucker View Post
I play SWTOR on my laptop and desktop, but when I make changes to the UI on one it doesn't show up on the other. So it appears saving the interface only saves it locally, to have the same interface on both computers do I have to go copying files?
Yes, the UI settings are saved locally. To get them from one machine to the other, do the following:

Set up your UI and save it on Machine A. The default naming scheme is to save it as <Charactername>1, <Charactername>2, and so on, so you may want to change that to something more memorable, like "MyBestUI" for example.
On Machine A, go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings\GUIProfiles
Find the file with the name you used to save the UI setup(s) you like - MyBestUI.xml in our example.
Copy that file onto a USB drive.
Move the file from the USB drive to the similar path on Machine B.
Log into the game on Machine B, open the Interface Editor, find "MyBestUI" in the list and click the Load button.
Click the X at the top right of the Interface Editor window to close the editor.

Note that if your laptop and desktop have different screen resolutions, you will need to make adjustments to one or the other, since the settings are dependant on screen resolution.

weswoof
11.10.2013 , 11:18 AM | #5
Very helpful, Adric_the_Red. I was wondering how to do this

NOTACTICS
11.11.2013 , 05:17 PM | #6
They should really store your game settings on the server so same whatever device you use, but maybe it is just a case of saving server space and upload time as a trade off against convienance for us.