Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beating a dead horse...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Beating a dead horse...

smellmop
08.27.2013 , 10:54 AM | #21
clearly you should LoS them, heal to full, then make them pay

but more to the point, if all the dps are focus firing it doesn't really matter what class they are, they will burn down players.....that being said that leaves the other 7 people on your team to do something....
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: ShrŽk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

ErikGW
08.27.2013 , 11:00 AM | #22
Smash is also "easy to play, hard to master class" lol

Really your average smashmonkey mob will devastate most noob groups. Against a decent group they won't hurt nearly as bad because out of their big hit every 12 seconds (which is most consistently 6k when taunted properly) they aren't very strong.

Now let's assume the healer is guarded by a competent tank, and the healer has a base resist of 15% (uses a warzone adrenal or basically any defense buff in the game). Every smasher hits a base value of 9k, very high. Now subtract 15% or 9000 - 1350 = 7650 x 6 = 45900 dmg. Ouch that hurts, but the tank takes half so 22,950 damage to the tank and healer. For a pair of operative healers that gets recovered in no time. And the smashers all just blew their one big move.

So 6 smashers all synchronized can demolish one target every 12 seconds at best and be mostly useless after that.

Best counter for smashmob? Sin/shadow tank with sage/sorc heals. Overload throws them out of the smash range and tank and healer can alternate knockbacks completely breaking their synchronization.

Scouperative healer can roll out of smashmobs. It's hilarious.

Mando healer haz knockbacks too! And impairment immunity after making it easy to survive the initial burst if you have some team support.

But assuming your healer just stands there and get synchrosmashed, they still only killed one guy in 12 seconds as long as the other 7 guys weren't standing on the healer.

L2p?
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

valeita
08.27.2013 , 11:12 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
Smash isnt more powerful than any other spec in the game, ESPECIALLY pyro pts.

The problem is that smash players have already mastered their class, so the assumption that the class is better is just a perception problem.

Also note that the only thing THE MARAUDER can do is DPS, because they arent a ranged class like the vanguard and its a know fact that they cannot heal to full.
that.

DarthOvertone
08.27.2013 , 11:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
Also note that the only thing THE MARAUDER can do is DPS, because they arent a ranged class like the vanguard and its a know fact that they cannot heal to full.
Tonight I'm going to log on my PT and make my enemies pay with my awesome 30m Ranged skills.

Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
clearly you should LoS them, heal to full, then make them pay
I usually try to L2P before I LoS, however, the PT is an easy class to play but hard to master.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

islander
08.27.2013 , 11:38 AM | #25
I sense perception problems in this thread
Gžllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

foxmob
08.27.2013 , 12:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
Considering PoT5 is East Coast that sounds good..
stay away from pot5. the community is toxic. iunno what things are like on bastion (if you want a pvp server), but the crap talking and bullying on pot5 is epic...in-game and out. factional balance is heavily in favor of imps too...for whatever that matters to you.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Technohic
08.27.2013 , 12:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
stay away from pot5. the community is toxic. iunno what things are like on bastion (if you want a pvp server), but the crap talking and bullying on pot5 is epic...in-game and out. factional balance is heavily in favor of imps too...for whatever that matters to you.
You'd actually have to read chat for that to matter. I'm pretty bad about not reading anything in general chat outside of WZs.

ToMyMa
08.27.2013 , 01:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
First off they had NO healers... How did you lose again?
1-Use your healers to... HEAL.
2-Use TAUNTS on those guys before they smash. If you don't know when they will do that and can't keep track of who used it and when then its LTP. No idea what class you are but i am sure you had people with taunt in your group. Then again most people don't use taunt as they don't see damage number on it (stupid i know).
3-Use GUARD on that guy getting focused. You know how much damage they do to a target that is guarded and they are taunted? Yeah not that much..
4-Don't all stand in 1 place... Obviously right?
5-Use CC's and snares. Obviously right?

I asure you a team of 2 ops healers + 2 tanks + 4 random DPS (fully geared and with skill) are going to ANIHILATE the team you said up there. In case you don't get what this last sentence is about... Its about the fact that aprently you think nobody can defened vs those 6 nasty smash monkeys jumping at you...

You got clearly outplayed. Simple as that.
But keep the smashers >10m away. If they're closer, they'll just obliterate to you even if caught be a butterfly net*

*More commonly referred to as 'Electro Net'

Xeraz
08.27.2013 , 01:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Definitely a l2p issue unless it was a premade. No tanks and no healers... sounds like an easy win for your team to me. Come to POT5 though: I was in a couple games last night with 0 smashers.
I have been playing nightly on POT5 nad I have never been in a game with no smashers.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Savej
08.27.2013 , 02:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
I have been playing nightly on POT5 nad I have never been in a game with no smashers.
Then you have a perception problem. Pay attention and remember that not everyone with a sword icon is rage/focus.