Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beating a dead horse...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Beating a dead horse...

OpeningToEndgame
08.27.2013 , 05:34 AM | #1
My first match of the day and what do I get 6 fully geared Smash monkies and 2 Slingers. It's absurd. No matter how geared and good you are. You can't defend 6 people leaping in and smashing all at once. Plus being rooted in place by Slingers. I'm not saying Smash is OP. I'm saying SIX smashes at once is. There needs to be more balance in the force Bioware.

NoTomorrow
08.27.2013 , 05:42 AM | #2
what was your team doing? Did they all jump to you?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

mfourcustom
08.27.2013 , 05:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
My first match of the day and what do I get 6 fully geared Smash monkies and 2 Slingers. It's absurd. No matter how geared and good you are. You can't defend 6 people leaping in and smashing all at once. Plus being rooted in place by Slingers. I'm not saying Smash is OP. I'm saying SIX smashes at once is. There needs to be more balance in the force Bioware.
Sorry buddy but PvP will always be over saturated by smashers and slingers unless the devs of this game grow some brains and stop playing favorites with classes. Until than PvP will be nothing more than a smash/opheal/snipers game.

This is what happens to an MMO when devs play favorites and the bioware devs have to be the worst offenders when it comes to playing favorites.
unsubbed
Uninstalled
Learn to dev bioware.

Fixiooo
08.27.2013 , 05:52 AM | #4
This is a heal to full issue.

Helig
08.27.2013 , 05:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mfourcustom View Post
Sorry buddy but PvP will always be over saturated by smashers and slingers unless the devs of this game grow some brains and stop playing favorites with classes. Until than PvP will be nothing more than a smash/opheal/snipers game.

This is what happens to an MMO when devs play favorites and the bioware devs have to be the worst offenders when it comes to playing favorites.
It's not about favoritism. It's about the environments that BW are balancing the classes around. They're balancing them around regs. I have little to no issues on any classes in regular warzones, and I actually think that the balance is good there.

When it comes to competitive play, however, things change. People stack mechanics which were not intended to be stacked. But BW doesn't seem to care for balance in competitive play at the moment. At least don't care enough to balance it properly.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Savej
08.27.2013 , 06:02 AM | #6
Definitely a l2p issue unless it was a premade. No tanks and no healers... sounds like an easy win for your team to me. Come to POT5 though: I was in a couple games last night with 0 smashers.

mfourcustom
08.27.2013 , 06:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
It's not about favoritism. It's about the environments that BW are balancing the classes around. They're balancing them around regs. I have little to no issues on any classes in regular warzones, and I actually think that the balance is good there.

When it comes to competitive play, however, things change. People stack mechanics which were not intended to be stacked. But BW doesn't seem to care for balance in competitive play at the moment. At least don't care enough to balance it properly.
Agreed buff smashers/snipers

:c ool::coo l:
unsubbed
Uninstalled
Learn to dev bioware.

clubdeeko
08.27.2013 , 06:12 AM | #8
Show me on the doll where the bad smasher touched you.
Vis Fatalis
Valonia - Hazak EU

Xanas
08.27.2013 , 06:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OpeningToEndgame View Post
First off they had NO healers... How did you lose again?
1-Use your healers to... HEAL.
2-Use TAUNTS on those guys before they smash. If you don't know when they will do that and can't keep track of who used it and when then its LTP. No idea what class you are but i am sure you had people with taunt in your group. Then again most people don't use taunt as they don't see damage number on it (stupid i know).
3-Use GUARD on that guy getting focused. You know how much damage they do to a target that is guarded and they are taunted? Yeah not that much..
4-Don't all stand in 1 place... Obviously right?
5-Use CC's and snares. Obviously right?

I asure you a team of 2 ops healers + 2 tanks + 4 random DPS (fully geared and with skill) are going to ANIHILATE the team you said up there. In case you don't get what this last sentence is about... Its about the fact that aprently you think nobody can defened vs those 6 nasty smash monkeys jumping at you...

You got clearly outplayed. Simple as that.

OpeningToEndgame
08.27.2013 , 06:44 AM | #10
Considering PoT5 is East Coast that sounds good. I just don't have the money to transfer. From what I understand a lot of peopel migrated to The Bastion from POT5 and Harbinger? Not really sure if that's just someone on my server talking out their arse, but I have seen a lot of new players.

As for l2p. If you're all going for the objective and 6 people leap in and smash all at once. It's gg. You're not going to react quick enough. They're all fully geared and hit for 9k a piece.