Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dewback mounts... let them be farmable on Tattooine, not cartel!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dewback mounts... let them be farmable on Tattooine, not cartel!

Anysao
08.27.2013 , 09:36 AM | #11
Mwa ha ha... Foolish mortal... The Hutt Cartel OWNS Tatooine! The Hutt Cartel owns ALL!
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

Andryah
08.27.2013 , 09:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Why? Because they made tauntauns a CM-only item?

I'm OK with either method, or some kind of combo method, but you are just way too quick to assume it will be the way you don't like.
Yeah... the advance art shows several dewbacks, 4 different varactyls, and tauntauns not even in game yet.

If Bioware follows pattern... some will be from missions/gathering, some from faction rep, some from rare drops in Ops, and some from the CM.

People need to calm down about the CM IMO. It's here to stay.. it's popular among subscribers.. and it's not the only way mounts enter the game.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Corsiero
08.27.2013 , 10:47 AM | #13
I don't like the way the armoured Dewbacks look. I'd very much like the basic Dewback be along a quest line and the armoured Dewbacks via CM.

branmakmuffin
08.27.2013 , 10:48 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Corsiero View Post
I don't like the way the armoured Dewbacks look. I'd very much like the basic Dewback be along a quest line and the armoured Dewbacks via CM.
And I bet others would like to see exactly the opposite.

af_raptura
08.27.2013 , 10:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Personally I would rather it be something different, preferably something we haven't done yet in game. Maybe like, riding around wrangling them or something, IDK.
^ this would be awesome, taming your own mount.

Quote:
I don't hate the armored Dewback, but I like the plain ones on tatooine and balmorra more because they look like the ones in episode 4.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

RaiderMid
08.27.2013 , 11:35 AM | #16
Judging by the success of the new packs, I wouldn't hold my breath for farming Dewbacks. The option would be nice though.

Darth-Malice
08.27.2013 , 02:57 PM | #17
Get real. The Development team was slashed in less then half and the remaining Developers do what there corporate overlords EA tell them. EA says milk the community with the cartel market. They wont do anything else.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Ayelinna
08.27.2013 , 03:03 PM | #18
Not gonna happen.

You saw people talking about buying loads and loads of cartel packs JUST for the varactyl.

Bioware are gonna put this mount in a random drop box so they can get more money, again.

leene
08.27.2013 , 03:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Not gonna happen.

You saw people talking about buying loads and loads of cartel packs JUST for the varactyl.

Bioware are gonna put this mount in a random drop box so they can get more money, again.

Like they did with the Tauntaun, right? How dare they not to give us the chance to get the Tauntaun mount other than from a cartel pack! Oh wait...

Jrea
08.27.2013 , 03:43 PM | #20
We have "Hovering Motor Cycles" and everyone wants to ride farm animals?

Its a good idea, but I don't think Dewback's are fast enough to be mounts.

I doubt that we will see any more mount farming in the game any time soon. It would be nice to just be able to buy new mounts from vendors again.