Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dewback mounts... let them be farmable on Tattooine, not cartel!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dewback mounts... let them be farmable on Tattooine, not cartel!

CTFoxhound
08.27.2013 , 05:14 AM | #1
Can you please let the next mount which are Dewbacks, let them be farmable like the TaunTauns are on Hoth. I like the way the TaunTauns were implemented in which you can either just purchase them up front from the vendor or farm them yourself. Would be great for the dewbacks had the same sort of system rather than just obtained via the cartel market like the Veractyles are.

HoboWithAStick
08.27.2013 , 05:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CTFoxhound View Post
Can you please let the next mount which are Dewbacks, let them be farmable like the TaunTauns are on Hoth. I like the way the TaunTauns were implemented in which you can either just purchase them up front from the vendor or farm them yourself. Would be great for the dewbacks had the same sort of system rather than just obtained via the cartel market like the Veractyles are.
I agree with you on this, it would be nice however I doubt its going to happen.

Greenify
08.27.2013 , 07:21 AM | #3
But then I can't account unlock them...I vote no.

saremun
08.27.2013 , 08:15 AM | #4
I agree, or at least the frist one from Tattooine then the rest from CM!

Drudenfusz
08.27.2013 , 08:24 AM | #5
Guess at least one version will be in the cartel market, but maybe they also include some farming option too.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

branmakmuffin
08.27.2013 , 08:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
I agree with you on this, it would be nice however I doubt its going to happen.
Why? Because they made tauntauns a CM-only item?

I'm OK with either method, or some kind of combo method, but you are just way too quick to assume it will be the way you don't like.

Icebergy
08.27.2013 , 08:35 AM | #7
I agree, and hopefully with some new way to get them. Probably too much to ask, but I'd really like to see some completely new form of mission or whatever to get them.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

JBagKY
08.27.2013 , 08:38 AM | #8
From the pictures on Dulfy, I would think that they are going to offer some different versions of tauntauns on the CM. Thus, making a dewback mount version that you can farm and then other versions available via the CM seems like the way to go. But, who knows.
I'm experiencing a sensation altogether new to me, and frankly... I LOVE IT!

Screaming_Ziva
08.27.2013 , 09:11 AM | #9
They should do it just like the did the Tauntauns. Farm 15 or 20 data on Tatooine and then trade them in to the trader. One for subscribers only and one for everyone.

Icebergy
08.27.2013 , 09:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
They should do it just like the did the Tauntauns. Farm 15 or 20 data on Tatooine and then trade them in to the trader. One for subscribers only and one for everyone.
Personally I would rather it be something different, preferably something we haven't done yet in game. Maybe like, riding around wrangling them or something, IDK.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.