Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP vs PvE Gear in WZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP vs PvE Gear in WZ

ErikGW
08.27.2013 , 09:54 AM | #11
Fully augmented 72 is better than unaugmented conqueror. But augmented partisan is better than augmented 72s.

You have to consider the expertise gap is roughly 30% buff loss with pve gear. Are your stats 30% higher with pve gear? No.

Partisan gear is very cheap, you can get it very quickly and you will do better with it. As long as you augment it.

If i see somebody in well-augmented 72s i'm not going to assume they suck. If they are a good player (or even decent) they will do better than a lot of pvp scrubs with the best gear.
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

Heal-To-Full
08.27.2013 , 12:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Don't buy any PvP gear now unless you plan on capping out again before 2.4 drops.
Unless they moved the date up from October 1, honestly, if you don't plan on capping out until then, you probably PvP so little that you don't even need that gear.

For a player that does regular only, 35 days = 35x100 + 5*300 = 5,000 RWZ and WZ comms from 55 dailies alone.
Assuming a modest average of 100 comms per WZ and 3 WZ per day, which will average you weekly completion, +3*100*35=10,500 WZ comms.
Converted to Ranked, you would have 5,000+3,500+750= 4,500 RWZ comms plus 2,750 WZ comms plus 4,750 RWZ comms overflow.

You only need to do 60% of your dailies and weeklies - 3 weeks' worth - to cap out till Oct 1.

Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Your best bet is non-55 PvE gear, from GTN.
Yeah. Classic or below is the new Recruit - you get full expertise of Partisan with about the stats of 61 gear.
If you've got a full Campaign or Columi set, with a few augs, you'll match Partisan (that isn't meant to be augged).

So overall I'd suggest your PvE set from level 50. It will get maxed expertise, good stats, probably a set bonus, and you probably have a few augs in it.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

Omisri
08.27.2013 , 03:04 PM | #13
As a sorc healer in fully Augmented 69 gear with the exception of the two pvp relics, I seem to heal better. The bolster takes care of most of my missing expertise and the extra power / willpower covers and goes beyond the lousy 5 - 10% heal / damage boost from expertise that im short on

Not owning 72 armouring's , mods and enhancements... I can't comment on that comparison.
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.

curtkram
08.27.2013 , 03:22 PM | #14
as i understand it omisri, pve gear will likely continue to give you a healing buff, especially if you have the set bonus. the expertise from pvp will give you more survivability. generally speaking, the survivability from the pvp set is probably more important?

Omisri
08.27.2013 , 03:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
as i understand it omisri, pve gear will likely continue to give you a healing buff, especially if you have the set bonus. the expertise from pvp will give you more survivability. generally speaking, the survivability from the pvp set is probably more important?
Well, i'm not entirely sure about the stats added by expertise i.e. Damage boost caps at 60% while you have lower % of defense and an even lower % added for healing other players. While im obviously not looking to cause damage and my defense is not missing all that much in terms of added bonus. The bonus healing is more than covered by the stats from my PvE gear with the added bolster to around 1500 exp. so i can kinda see why i don't suffer effects from it like say a DPS would.

I have no set bonus either with my PvE gear.

The way i saw it while i was playing around to see the difference was "Do i wanna sacrifice an extra 200+ Willpower and 100 or so power for an extra 5% increase to healing via exp after it bolsters me back up anyway? - That seems like madness"
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.

Draqsko
08.27.2013 , 04:03 PM | #16
Bolstered PVE 69s = ~1500 expertise
Bolstered PVE 72s = ~1300 expertise
Either PVP set (Partisan or Conq) = 2018 expertise

Is your stat increase high enough that you can negate having 25 or 30% less expertise by rolling in PVE gear? Given that expertise is now on a straight line distribution, I think not. The difference between fully augmented 69s and fully augmented partisan is about 10-15%, which expertise far exceeds. It's a very noticable difference as a tank or DPS.

Expertise buffs damage dealt, reduces damage taken, versus someone with a lower expertise than you (it's a wash with equal expertise), while increasing your healing recieved. While healers may be less affected (as long as everyone else around them has max expertise and they aren't trying to heal themselves), they will have a much harder time surviving than if they had expertise (they also make it harder for another healer to help keep them up under focus fire).

Heal-To-Full
08.27.2013 , 04:19 PM | #17
Yes. Bringing your Kell Dragon set into a warzone is definitely going to be cool, but it's not where it belongs.

Lower tier gear actually performs better with WZ bolster. Expertise starts to drop off a bit at 63's, some at 66's, and then critically at 69's and 72's. Solution? I only keep a few 72 pieces, going for PvP ones elsewhere. The drop in expertise is moderate this way, but I get some optimizations that I need.

Overall, till you have a PvP set, level 50 gear seems to be best and competitive with Partisan in terms of balancing expertise and stats. It's not competitive with Conqueror.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

Uber_the_Goober
08.27.2013 , 04:21 PM | #18
PvE / PvP gear mix is terribad - you get docked stats for mingling the two together.

Full PvE gear is better than partial PvE/PvP mix.

Full PvP gear is better than that.

Nuff said.

Heal-To-Full
08.27.2013 , 04:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
PvE / PvP gear mix is terribad - you get docked stats for mingling the two together.
This is not actually completely true. What you can't do, ever, is mix PvE and PvP mods in one shell. But complete pieces can be mixed and matched.

FourPawnBenoni
08.27.2013 , 07:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I got a feeling that they are going to increase bolster enough that PvP 66 purps might be BIS. So start farming those purple grade 9 mats pvp friends....
I doubt that lvl 66 will be better than lvl 67. It will probably be comparable to conqueror.