Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun after Stun

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 07:43 AM | #21
There is no problem with stuns anyway. People just need to play around them better.

And yeah, if you're 2v1 you might get annihilated in a double stun. And you should be. Because they are with 2.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

Primarch_PWnD
08.26.2013 , 07:54 AM | #22
The problem is the fundamental gameplay of the incapacitating effects.
There is WAY too much loss of control of your own character in this game.

Let's be honest here, this isn't the first game to ever come out with both melee and ranged PvP combat, so to say that the game NEEDS all these incapacitating effects for "balance" is absurd, Evo.

If you were to estimate how much time you spend in a Warzone stunned, rooted, slowed, pushed, stuck, stopped, and rooted, it'd amount to way more than 50% of the time you're in combat. All that stuff I listed is really annoying when it happens. So why did they make the most annoying part of combat the centerpiece of gameplay, instead of using just it for what you mentioned: balance. They could have made the stuns a smaller portion of the combat so that we didn't spend half our time in combat unable to move. As it is, it's more annoying and frustrating than fun.

Resolve needs to be trashed. It's a ridiculously and a needlessly convoluted system. You yourself, Evo, needed to write an entire paragraph just to explain one aspect of its timing.

I'm with the OP, each incapacitating effect should grant immunity for 3 seconds to any other incapacitating effect. That way I can actually play my character and, you know, fight, instead of just keep sighing with frustration.
Rebel Alliance
Ancient Ones

Prophecy of the Five

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 07:57 AM | #23
As I said, you need to embrace it. Not hate it.

Hell use other peoples control against them.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

Briljin
08.26.2013 , 08:06 AM | #24
Making any kind of radical changes to stuns/mezes would require a lot of work. Considering they are putting off fixing class balance issues even they admit exist, it would be a long ways down the road. I am kind of surprised they didn't just steal WoWs DR system entirely.

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 08:07 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
Making any kind of radical changes to stuns/mezes would require a lot of work. Considering they are putting off fixing class balance issues even they admit exist, it would be a long ways down the road. I am kind of surprised they didn't just steal WoWs DR system entirely.
WoW's DR system is very complicated. If they can't push out class balance every half year.. then I doubt they have the manpower to build a system like that.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

Primarch_PWnD
08.26.2013 , 08:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
As I said, you need to embrace it. Not hate it.

Hell use other peoples control against them.
lol, "use other people's control against them"

That's up there with "just heal to full" and "make them pay for attacking you"
Rebel Alliance
Ancient Ones

Prophecy of the Five

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 08:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post

If you really think that then you don't know how to play this game.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

islander
08.26.2013 , 08:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Primarch_PWnD View Post

perception problems.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

anwg
08.26.2013 , 08:25 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
WoW's DR system would be even worse for the whiners. RMP is built entirely on keeping 1 person out of the whole fight with CCs, you can't do that in this game.

foxmob
08.26.2013 , 08:34 AM | #30
resolve would be fine if it didn't decay out of combat. or if white bars lasted longer. I would prefer the former but the latter would be better than present.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH