Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun after Stun

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 07:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
yes... and the point of the thread is to convert stuns to mezzes (even though OP still calls them stuns )
Which would be entirely stupid.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

AlrikFassbauer
08.26.2013 , 07:09 AM | #12
I call everything that renders me unable to do anything a "stun", I just don't care how you call it.

To me, the use of so many different words is just a way of concealing how many possibilities to render someone unable to do anything are actually there - and thus to avoid any nerf (of them).
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

MidichIorian
08.26.2013 , 07:09 AM | #13
Freaking stun grenade could use a tweak. Insta AOE stun with a fairly long duration, how did that slip through testing?

- We had to nerf the sorc KB into a cone because it was affecting unintended players........but we're going to keep the AOE stun.

Does not compute.

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 07:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I call everything that renders me unable to do anything a "stun", I just don't care how you call it.

To me, the use of so many different words is just a way of concealing how many possibilities to render someone unable to do anything are actually there - and thus to avoid any nerf (of them).
It's confusing to players who actually know what they are doing. I'm telling anyone I play with I don't want to hear them calling out a stun on a mez/lift/flash and the like because I might break it if they call it a stun.

(Even though that won't quickly happen since the visuals are still there, but it CAN happen)
Evolixe | Exilove

foxmob
08.26.2013 , 07:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Which would be entirely stupid.
why? I'm not trying to be a dick. I've offered my rationale: it can still be used to interrupt if you want to dmg the target, but more importantly, it fulfills the function of isolating the person you want to burn down. e.g., my team wants to burn down mr. dps sorc, but mr. tank jugg just throws his guard on him and mr. op healer can easily keep him alive through all that mitigation. oh. here's a plan, let's flashbang the tank & healer, pull the sorc away and wreck him in 2-3 gcds. I think it would work just fine in arenas. in WZs, where node capping is most important, mezz > stun anyway. honestly, the only thing I can think of that would get borked hard would be fire pulls, which aren't even dmg from another player. maybe tweak that a little? it's not a game changer imo either way. what am I not seeing that makes it stupid?
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 07:23 AM | #16
Honestly if you don't see how this would negatively impact the game then I think I'll be wasting my time to explain it to you.

Nerfing the crap out of stuns would make ranged stupidly OP. And would benefit the entire game in a negative way.
Evolixe | Exilove

Brunner_Venda
08.26.2013 , 07:32 AM | #17
I'd make full resolve reset the CD of the stun break. Or make full resolve break any stun automatically. As it is, if you have one point below full resolve and take an 8 second mez, you eat the whole *********** thing while your resolve bar is full.

People throw CC around like candy in most warzones, without any though to it other than 'push button, derp!'

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 07:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
I'd make full resolve reset the CD of the stun break. Or make full resolve break any stun automatically. As it is, if you have one point below full resolve and take an 8 second mez, you eat the whole *********** thing while your resolve bar is full.

People throw CC around like candy in most warzones, without any though to it other than 'push button, derp!'
True, but did you not notice it takes like 3 times as long for your full resolve to deplete when you get that happen to you?

If you get mezzed at 999 resolve, you do indeed get counted out for 8 seconds. However you will be untouchable for the next 30 or 40 or so.

While if you get mezzed at 500 resolve, it will be full aswell. But after the mez is over you will very quickly start seeing your resolve deplete. Open for more within the next 15-20 seconds.
Evolixe | Exilove

foxmob
08.26.2013 , 07:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Honestly if you don't see how this would negatively impact the game then I think I'll be wasting my time to explain it to you..
thanks....
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Briljin
08.26.2013 , 07:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
anyway...if I had things my way, I'd agree with the OP and make everything a mezz. you get the most important benefits of stuns, which is the interrupt, and mezzing one person allows you to focus on his buddy w/o having to deal with pocket heals/tanks
You would have to almost completely rebuild entire talent trees and class if you made that change... Class balance is already a joke and no they are apparently not willing to address at this point, they sure the hell are not going to make this change and then revamp the needed builds as well.