Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun after Stun

jediharrsion
08.26.2013 , 05:30 AM | #1
For a long time now stuns have been a major problem. but instead of nerfing the stuns or getting rid of them Why not make EVERY Stun Break on damage once done the stunned player can not be stuned again for acouple of seconds. This would solve the issue of chain stunning when it comes to pvp

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 05:33 AM | #2
You can only get hardstunned twice in a row anyways..

Hate to break it to you, but the problem is yourself. Not the game.
Evolixe [ToFN/The Harbinger] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

foxmob
08.26.2013 , 05:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
You can only get hardstunned twice in a row anyways..

Hate to break it to you, but the problem is yourself. Not the game.
more like three (albeit not stuns): I can harpoon (30m pull), neural surge (2.5s), cryo grenade (4s). harpoon isn't a stun, but it does build resolve, which is why I count it.

I'm pretty sure a sin/shadow can get 3 in as well: spike (knockdown), electrocute (4s), low slash (2s?). I know I used to be able to do that on deception for sure (1.4), but I don't think I've played him 5 times post 2.0. lol
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 05:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
more like three (albeit not stuns): I can harpoon (30m pull), neural surge (2.5s), cryo grenade (4s). harpoon isn't a stun, but it does build resolve, which is why I count it.

I'm pretty sure a sin/shadow can get 3 in as well: spike (knockdown), electrocute (4s), low slash (2s?). I know I used to be able to do that on deception for sure (1.4), but I don't think I've played him 5 times post 2.0. lol
If you count everything that fills resolve as a hardstun you might aswell shoot yourself in the head ><

Your character is fully functional while airborne btw. You can act, hell you can even prepare a grenade for your puller so he won't stun you after the pull. (Since you can throw it before even landing)
Quote:

Xanas
08.26.2013 , 05:52 AM | #5
What I hate the most is when I die and then I end up in the spawn area behind the shield and I sit there as the bar goes down...

Then need to change the system and make it like in WoW with diminishing returns...

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 05:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
What I hate the most is when I die and then I end up in the spawn area behind the shield and I sit there as the bar goes down...

Then need to change the system and make it like in WoW with diminishing returns...
If there is no restriction on leaving the spawn zone maps like voidstar become imposseble.

Would you like regs to be what ranked 8v8 were?
Quote:

Xanas
08.26.2013 , 05:56 AM | #7
If there is no restriction on leaving the spawn zone maps like voidstar become imposseble.

Would you like regs to be what ranked 8v8 were?
Obviously not but what they need to do is also fix the damn maps. Even in regs i see a TON of fights before the first door (and just the first door).
They need to fix the map and also fix the system as its really annoying.

foxmob
08.26.2013 , 06:47 AM | #8
If you count everything that fills resolve as a hardstun you might aswell shoot yourself in the head ><

Your character is fully functional while airborne btw. You can act, hell you can even prepare a grenade for your puller so he won't stun you after the pull. (Since you can throw it before even landing)
stuns, mezzes, push/pulls. not sure why you wouldn't include mezzes with stuns. they're actually more debilitating because they last longer...especially in WZs with node capping. as for being able to execute abils while being pulled, that very rarely happens. bear in mind there's usually a neural surge/carbonize/spike that's also pre-pressed by the time you land.

anyway...if I had things my way, I'd agree with the OP and make everything a mezz. you get the most important benefits of stuns, which is the interrupt, and mezzing one person allows you to focus on his buddy w/o having to deal with pocket heals/tanks. so I do think only mezzes (no stuns) could work in SWTOR. keep the channeled stuns like force choke, though, cuz they also lockup the guy doing the channel. so it's a sacrifice on his part to use it too.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Evolixe
08.26.2013 , 06:53 AM | #9
A mez is not a stun. It breaks at 1 point of damage no matter the source.

Stun = doesn't break on damage.
Quote:

foxmob
08.26.2013 , 07:03 AM | #10
yes... and the point of the thread is to convert stuns to mezzes (even though OP still calls them stuns )
A legacy of meh