Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No droids or Jawas for creatable characters...but what about disguises?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No droids or Jawas for creatable characters...but what about disguises?

LordArtemis
08.25.2013 , 03:38 AM | #1
I can understand why droids and certain non-humanoid species might be a problem...camera issues, romance issues, etc....but what if you allowed disguises?

A disguise generator that would transform you into a Jawa, or droid, wookie, etc...you would simply transform back to your normal appearance when in dialogs and other similar sequences where camera location and interaction with other characters is important...much in the same way your headgear disappears.

So, you would look like the disguise generator plugin while running around, but cutscenes would have you looking normal.

Note that certain disguises already exist in the game, and that disguise disappears temporarily when you enter cut scene sequences.

Thanks for reading.

Lunafox
08.25.2013 , 04:24 AM | #2
That's a neat idea. In a way, I think they're already moving towards something like this with the series 505 armour that makes you look kinda droidish...maybe even something like 'costumes' would work. You could buy a wookiee costume...basically armour, that looks like a wookiee...or whatever creature floats your boat. I think that could work. The helmet or headpiece of the costume can pop off in the cut scenes...so I think that would still work out.

Edit: I posted the costume idea in suggestions...
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Helig
08.25.2013 , 05:26 AM | #3
Love the 505 armour, and I'm all for disguises. In one of the storylines, a certain character can assume the identity of a gonk droid. Which is hilarious. Why not implement more holo disguises?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

joshohelp
08.25.2013 , 07:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Love the 505 armour, and I'm all for disguises. In one of the storylines, a certain character can assume the identity of a gonk droid. Which is hilarious. Why not implement more holo disguises?
"GONK! GONK! (Deactivates disguise generator and draws lightsaber and cuts down a few imperial troops runs behind a wall and activates generator

"Gonk Gonk?"
The Skyblaster Legacy

From a certain point of view, everyone has good in them

saremun
08.25.2013 , 07:14 AM | #5
That would make the game even more Absurd as it is right now BUT as for the Droids, Well the last Cybertech body armor they released makes you look like a droid...

Helig
08.25.2013 , 11:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by joshohelp View Post
"GONK! GONK! (Deactivates disguise generator and draws lightsaber and cuts down a few imperial troops runs behind a wall and activates generator

"Gonk Gonk?"

/5char
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

iankalo
08.26.2013 , 02:00 AM | #7
English is not my native language Omee Topee!

LordArtemis
09.04.2013 , 10:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Yea, thats the thing, there are already missions in the game where you don disguises, and they completely change how you look, but when you leave an area or the instance you change back to your original look.

This is how this could be done with dialog scenes, romance, etc. You have the disguise up as an appearance thing, but it drops when you enter into dialog.

LordArtemis
09.12.2013 , 12:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by joshohelp View Post

"Gonk Gonk?"
Hehe. Well, I'm not sure it should be for a power droid, but I think it would work for appearing like a Jawa or Wookie, or a full droid if you wanted that.

It would work much like the different appearances do for companions that wear armor but keep the same look...you would don the "disguise" or perhaps it would be a buff you would activate, and then you would look the way you want.

They could disable it in PVP and have it dispell any time you enter into dialog. You would have to then perhaps reactivate it.