Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

hmmm


supermouthcml's Avatar


supermouthcml
08.24.2013 , 11:25 PM | #1
2.4 ... supposed to be a huge pvp patch. Yet they are removing 8v8 ranked and adding a new planet, along with 2 new operations. "who's the more foolish; the fool? or the fool who follows him?" -kenobi
Naylun
<Afterlife>
Jedi Covenant

ausmisc's Avatar


ausmisc
08.24.2013 , 11:25 PM | #2
But bro, there might be new fluffy minipets.

OldSpiceSwag's Avatar


OldSpiceSwag
08.24.2013 , 11:25 PM | #3
the combat team is most foolish

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
08.24.2013 , 11:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OldSpiceSwag View Post
the combat team is most foolish
I dont think there is a "team". Austin Peckenpaugh commented while 2.0 was on PTS how he was the only dev in the PvP and class mechanics departments. He had "support members", but he did all the implementation and testing.

Until I see a dev actually mention the specific members of said pvp/combat "team", Im going to continuing assuming what AP said still holds true: that he is the only combat team dev.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
08.24.2013 , 11:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by supermouthcml View Post
2.4 ... supposed to be a huge pvp patch. Yet they are removing 8v8 ranked and adding a new planet, along with 2 new operations. "who's the more foolish; the fool? or the fool who follows him?" -kenobi
They're also doing some pvp class balancing (their version of it at least), adding new gear tiers (plz god new set bonuses), arenas with several maps, 4man ranked, and solo queue ranked. They have also been working on some new huttball map, but I'm not sure when that is coming out. 2.4 is essentially just a really big patch

As always, Naylun, I suggest that you think a bit more before posting and that you provide a thorough list rather than attempting to cherry-pick the changes that suit your lopsided, biased argument the best
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

supermouthcml's Avatar


supermouthcml
08.24.2013 , 11:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
They're also doing some pvp class balancing (their version of it at least), adding new gear tiers (plz god new set bonuses), arenas with several maps, 4man ranked, and solo queue ranked. They have also been working on some new huttball map, but I'm not sure when that is coming out. 2.4 is essentially just a really big patch

As always, Naylun, I suggest that you think a bit more before posting and that you provide a thorough list rather than attempting to cherry-pick the changes that suit your lopsided, biased argument the best
without a doubt.. how could i have been so blind i mean, maybe i shouldve spec'd into a smarter post.. i will definately think this over.
Naylun
<Afterlife>
Jedi Covenant

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
08.24.2013 , 11:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by supermouthcml View Post
without a doubt.. how could i have been so blind i mean, maybe i shouldve spec'd into a smarter post.. i will definately think this over.
I'd avoid hurting your head You were a decent dps, a bit face-tanky and tunnelly, but that was innate to your general personality. Either way, I'd recommend that you avoid any theoretical/mildly intellectual topics, they really aren't your forte.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

psybernetic's Avatar


psybernetic
08.24.2013 , 11:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I'd avoid hurting your head You were a decent dps, a bit face-tanky and tunnelly, but that was innate to your general personality. Either way, I'd recommend that you avoid any theoretical/mildly intellectual topics, they really aren't your forte.
Ouch. That's pretty harsh.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

supermouthcml's Avatar


supermouthcml
08.24.2013 , 11:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I'd avoid hurting your head You were a decent dps, a bit face-tanky and tunnelly, but that was innate to your general personality. Either way, I'd recommend that you avoid any theoretical/mildly intellectual topics, they really aren't your forte.
hahaha, so hows prime defense? i heard a lot of people stayed just for you man. As for the face tanky thing, it was the only way to help you actually get some numbers for healing
Naylun
<Afterlife>
Jedi Covenant

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
08.25.2013 , 12:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by supermouthcml View Post
hahaha, so hows prime defense? i heard a lot of people stayed just for you man. As for the face tanky thing, it was the only way to help you actually get some numbers for healing
http://i.imgur.com/zVm9HNS.jpg?1
Imagine how much higher it could have been with your awesome sage tanking Tactics vanguard tanking with innate survivability that allows a player to stand in a group and take some blows? No, that's a crutch. Light armor, ranged dps face tanking is the way to go

And PD is nice, but I was under the assumption that people stayed because they didn't want to spend $20 to go to an ehh guild that lost it's 3 best members within 2 weeks of server transfers
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder