Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No more class balance till 2.5 or 2.6.... WTH

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No more class balance till 2.5 or 2.6.... WTH

cashogy_reborn
08.24.2013 , 11:32 PM | #11
This isnt that surprising.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

HoboWithAStick
08.24.2013 , 11:58 PM | #12
So 1.4 comes out October so that means that 1.5 comes out Jan or Feb? So at least another 5 months of my Sin tank getting one shot by Terror from beyond NM, awesome. Glad that jug tanks can pop 100 cooldowns and live forever through it.

SOULCASTER
08.25.2013 , 12:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
So 1.4 comes out October so that means that 1.5 comes out Jan or Feb? So at least another 5 months of my Sin tank getting one shot by Terror from beyond NM, awesome. Glad that jug tanks can pop 100 cooldowns and live forever through it.
Well look on the bright side, you have plenty of time between then and now to grind a Jug tank.
Prophecy of the Five
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Altoholic

ChaoticDynamite
08.25.2013 , 12:11 AM | #14
*Cough* Wildstar plz *Cough* release this year.
If theres one thing SWTOR taught me about PvP is don't hope don't ever hope just start building up your tolerance level.

IronmanSS
08.25.2013 , 12:20 AM | #15
What I find ridiculous is that for 5 months following 2.0 there have been basically ZERO class balance adjustments. Now with the 2.4 also offering next to none when it drop in 6 weeks, we will have to wait till 2.5 or 2.6 to see resolution from some issues that were grossly apparent since 2.0?

I guess real the question is: How much time should we give the "Class Balance Team" to produce ANYTHING regarding class balance? This is like forking over the cash to build a new house to a contractor, then returning in 6 months to see them drinking beer on your still empty lot.

"How's the house coming along guys?"

"Umm, we decided to hold off on digging the foundation for 6 months because we're not sure it will look perfect when we're done... hey, would you like a beer? It's on you, cheers!"

Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
...We're also discussing the viability of introducing class changes without relying on major updates (like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc). There are a lot of factors at play and this is still an internal discussion, so no guarantees, but know that we'd love to be able to get class changes to you guys as quickly as we're making them.
Heck, I would have been good with class balance updates that DID rely on coming with "major" updates like 2.1, 2.2, & 2.3. Except there were none to be had. Are we crazy to expect a simple step in the direction of resolving these issues after 4 major patches post ROTHC. I can tell you what IS crazy: to accept the class balance devs non-activity and general silence for months on end as "fine" and continue to pay them for essentially nothing.

All sarcasm aside, my intentions is summed up right here:
...most people don't want their class to be OP. People want to play what they want and not have to be punished for it....
I have seen SO MANY players leaving their class or the game in general over lack of any progress on class balance. It seems pretty obvious that balance can never be truly achieved in an asymmetrical game, but perpetually striving for it should be the goal. How can we excuse taking zero steps towards the goal for so long?

It upsets me that this game has such great potential but has such negligent stewards.

(yes, this has been discussed before but deserves another look)
Sulvira - Sith Assassin <E>

SifLawd
08.25.2013 , 12:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaoticDynamite View Post
*Cough* Wildstar plz *Cough* release this year.
Early 2014
Amksed - 55 Shadow
Ihealzjoo - 55 Commando
Blackranger - 55 Guardian

www.twitch.tv/amksed

MidichIorian
08.25.2013 , 12:39 AM | #17
Tweak, based on what metrics? The metric that no sane person will ever queue arena with a sorc/sage? I can tell them that right now. So, there.

I never really considered BF4 but the way things are looking now that's what I will be playing until Destiny drops.

On another note, we all know that gaming communties rarely to never are completely satisfied but I have never played a game with a more dissatisfied playerbase...and I'm one of them. The only reason I've been putting up with this crap is because there are IMO more interesting things around the corner (the new consoles and all the new games that come with that, including the PC versions) and that I can't be arsed with putting time and effort into yet another game up until that happens.

AlrikFassbauer
08.25.2013 , 05:13 AM | #18
http://dulfy.net/2013/08/23/swtor-ge...na-tour-files/

Question 14.

They are aware of class balance issues, especially in PvP, but want to wait until 2.4 goes live, before they start tweaking. Don’t expect changes before patch 2.5-2.6
It was said at the event that they simply want to collect lots of data on the performance of players/characters in Arenas before they do anything. That's all.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

islander
08.25.2013 , 06:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
It was said at the event that they simply want to collect lots of data on the performance of players/characters in Arenas before they do anything. That's all.
They've collected lots of data in normal and ranked warzones so far, it hasn't helped them create balance whatsoever.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Fixiooo
08.25.2013 , 06:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
So they'll balance classes out based on arena. That should be entertaining. I can tell you already. Get ready for them huge Vanguard/Powertech nerfs.