Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

shyroman
08.24.2013 , 03:55 PM | #21
I would very much like the new lazed target

ForsakenKing
08.24.2013 , 03:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
forsaken king - no vote?
I'll go with no. i dont believe finishers should have an auto-crit proc. That and it would make the Aim High skill in the MM/SS tree (dont know its sniper counterpart) slightly less useful since that already gives 15% crit chance to quickdraw/takedown.

if you take that off and take off the 3min cooldown, im ok with 2/2.5, then it would be a yes.

paowee
08.24.2013 , 04:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
I'll go with no. i dont believe finishers should have an auto-crit proc. That and it would make the Aim High skill in the MM/SS tree (dont know its sniper counterpart) slightly less useful since that already gives 15% crit chance to quickdraw/takedown.

if you take that off and take off the 3min cooldown, im ok with 2/2.5, then it would be a yes.
Cooldown is going to be increased by at least 100%. Its eithr 2min cd or 3 min cd.

Example is for MM SPEC ONLY (Laze target now affecting Ambush or EP or TD)
SUSTAINED DPS
4k every 1 minute on snipe or
8k every 2 or 3 minutes on ambush

BURST DPS
4k 4k 6k (laze snipe snipe ft) = 3 seconds on-demand burst DPS in pvp or

new laze target/smuggler's luck
8k 6k (laze ambush ft) = 1.5 seconds on-demand burst DPS in pvp
8k 6k 8k (rng crit ambush, ft, lazed takedown/quickdraw) = 3 seconds on-demand burst DPS execute range in pvp

Thanks for your participation. I'll update the front page.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Fluffyburrito
08.24.2013 , 04:51 PM | #24
I simply think that the last thing our class needs is more buffs. I'm very much okay with our current state, and I even think we're a bit TOO powerful.

paowee
08.24.2013 , 05:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
I simply think that the last thing our class needs is more buffs. I'm very much okay with our current state, and I even think we're a bit TOO powerful.
The new laze target is a slight nerf to sustained in MM PVE (according to a post by Lift from the Harbinger server repost of this thread).

Again the context was "boring" and lackluster 2-year old cooldown. An ability that leaves a lot to be desired. No one ever thinks of using it because it has such a miniscule impact in PVE and PVP. I'm happy that BioWare is OC and is open to helping us enjoy this class a bit better by suggesting they could change this ability to affect abilities other than Snipe (which is only ever really useful for one spec, which is MM/SS).

I'll write you down as NO. Thanks!

paowee
08.24.2013 , 05:08 PM | #26
Some input from The Harbinger thread re: the new LT possibly resulting to a slight sustained DPS loss for MM/SS http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?p=6692701#3

Heal-To-Full
08.24.2013 , 05:14 PM | #27
Some input from The Harbinger thread re: the new LT possibly resulting to a slight sustained DPS loss for MM/SS http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?p=6692701#3
Which again adds merit to my proposal that in addition to auto-critting, it's ensured that this shot isn't wasted, so it needs to ignore avoidance, mitigation and protection effects.

That will keep DPS about where it is now, while securing utility. It will also make the ability interesting to use. Do I pop it as soon as it's off CD, or do I save it for when I need to attack a shielded target, or do I use it as an advanced takedown? Beats simply rotating it.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

CJNJ
08.24.2013 , 05:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post

I think the TD part is more for lethality's sake, because auto-crit cull is OP and they don't want lethality to use EP

Fluffyburrito
08.24.2013 , 05:18 PM | #29
The new laze target is a slight nerf to sustained in MM PVE (according to a post by Lift from the Harbinger server repost of this thread).

Again the context was "boring" and lackluster 2-year old cooldown. An ability that leaves a lot to be desired. No one ever thinks of using it because it has such a miniscule impact in PVE and PVP. I'm happy that BioWare is OC and is open to helping us enjoy this class a bit better by suggesting they could change this ability to affect abilities other than Snipe (which is only ever really useful for one spec, which is MM/SS).

I'll write you down as NO. Thanks!
We simply don't need another offensive cooldown. We've already got ours, Target Acquired, and if people are really insistent upon thinking that it's not a good skill then probably never use it. Laze Target is actually very good for what it does. (If you don't keep either skill off cd, there's no other way of putting it - you aren't playing the class correctly.)

Why does our class in particular want this skill to be less boring when there's already plenty of "boring" skills for other classes? Does every skill have to be "exciting"?

The last thing we should be asking for is buffs and trying to change our already powerful abilities into more powerful abilities. It's ridiculous and petty to look down on the other DPS from our tier 1 pedestal trying to nitpick our way to the famed "Tier 0", where our class will be so overpowering that no dps will be allowed to exist in ranked or competitive play.

This isn't tweaking an ability; it's completely changing it in a blatant attempt to get more buffs to what is already considered the strongest ranged dps class in the game.

Heal-To-Full
08.24.2013 , 05:27 PM | #30
We simply don't need another offensive cooldown. We've already got ours, Target Acquired
It's weak. Accuracy beyond 110% is useless, and you're going to have 110% in PvE or 105% in PvP anyway. Partial armor reduction translates to a tiny increase in damage, because armor is so weak in TOR to begin with.

The last thing we should be asking for is buffs and trying to change our already powerful abilities into more powerful abilities. It's ridiculous and petty to look down on the other DPS from our tier 1 pedestal ... in ranked...
I think you are playing another game.

#1 DPS are Rage Marauders.
#2 DPS are Rage Juggernauts. It's a close #2, too.
#3 DPS in PvP, as of 2.4, seem to be Advanced Prototype PTs.
#4 DPS, here finally come snipers.

The gap between #3 and #4 is so wide though that no one considers the #4, because #3 add survivability to compete with #1 and utility to compete with #2, while #4 add nothing except being fragile and immobile.

The only way you can feel like snipers are on top is if you're only playing regs, and as solo or generic premade, not as a power premade competing against other 'half ranked team' type premades. This way you write off your losses against stronger teams as "oh it was a premade", while it actually has to do with their comp.

Lowbies learn to think of snipers as OP because snipers develop into their full DPS very early on. They have all their tools as early as levels 30-33 depending on spec , the rest is really just frills. It's a bottom spec heavy class.
But it all changes past level 47, when Warriors and generally other classes can fully spec their tree or hybridize.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.