Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

Heal-To-Full
08.24.2013 , 03:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
no no no, it's wayyy too powerful what you are asking. This would lead to a massive QQ storm against snipers. Don't forget that we are the ones that send smashers to respawn.
There's no respawn in Ranked Arenas... and no snipers, either. And won't be unless there is a significant PvP specific buff.

I feel for other classes, but their problems should be addressed separately. This one isn't just a class balance issue, it's a PvP diversity issue. If Snipers aren't given something offensively useful in PvP, new arenas will be left with strictly one DPS class, Warriors.
Don't compare to the worst class, compare to the best class. Anything that narrows the gap between the best and the second best is a good thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
You cannot go the route of just MORE damage for the snipers. We have been accused already too often of being an easy class to play.
Yes. But ignoring Guard isn't more damage. Total damage is the same. It's simply being able, once in 100 attacks, make just 1 guaranteed to damage who you want to damage.

All it amounts to is being able, after massive effort and coordination from your team it takes to bring a ranked healer's health down, have one shot at actually making it a kill instead of a harmless hp bar dip.

That said, I will take the proposed change. But I would strongly urge Bioware to consider counter-mechanic to "turtle" Arena compositions, and if any class should be used as the counter, Sniper is the first one to come to mind. After all, the very idea of a real-life sniper is someone who can take out high-value targets without going through every grunt first.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

paowee
08.24.2013 , 03:07 PM | #12
NoT, Bdick, do you guys want the old laze target or the new one? Or neither?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Heal-To-Full
08.24.2013 , 03:10 PM | #13
I'm in favor:
Quote: Originally Posted by B-Dick View Post
That said, I will take the proposed change.
But, while at it, I'd also like some PvP specific utility to be added.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

ForsakenKing
08.24.2013 , 03:32 PM | #14
honestly, with the way crit works right now, i would rather remove all auto crit abilities from the game but that is a different discussion lol

Falver
08.24.2013 , 03:33 PM | #15
Signed. My largest frustration with the sharpshooter/marksman spec is the fact that I need to rely on RNG for crits on both flyby and aimed shot. I'll even take LESS DPS if it's more consistent parse to parse.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Luckeyduckey
08.24.2013 , 03:35 PM | #16
Eh, even though I don't play it, I'd say change it. It would be awesome for arenas (or unbalanced?) Keep that in mind, because all cooldowns finish in arenas.

Telanis
08.24.2013 , 03:38 PM | #17
I favour the change, longer cooldown is fine if we can use it with Ambush!

paowee
08.24.2013 , 03:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Eh, even though I don't play it, I'd say change it. It would be awesome for arenas (or unbalanced?) Keep that in mind, because all cooldowns finish in arenas.
That remains to be seen. But honestly an 8k auto crit every 2 - 3 minutes is a /lol comparison to how much other classes can and already are BURSTING for every few seconds in PVP.

/biased

But in all seriousness, BW acknowledges the fact that this 2 year old LAZE TARGET / SMUGGLER'S LUCK leaves a bit to be desired. They asked a question, and we should answer!

Mathemagica
08.24.2013 , 03:38 PM | #19
I vote for the new Laze Target. I think it wouldn't break balance and I see it as a situational improvement, because you can increase your short-term damage by a larger amount with the new version.

paowee
08.24.2013 , 03:39 PM | #20
forsaken king - no vote?
falver - yes
lucky - yes
telanis - yes
mathegmaica - yes