Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

BKVsDragonCowboy
09.04.2013 , 12:22 PM | #151
well as a sniper wouldn't mind the versatility instead of just snipe so I vote yes, just due to after my intial 2 snipes at beginning I hardly ever go to them again in fights on how I do my rotation to maintain good energy putting out the damage.

BetaKiller
09.04.2013 , 10:37 PM | #152
Been gone for a while sorry :P
I want Laze to change but not this change, I think this is way too simple and idea and not very feasible on the tech side without a skill point on the skill trees even though it would be a good change to try tone down the amount of hybrids.

Personally I would prefer much more something in the line of:

Laze Target places a Laze buff into self, next Ambush, EP or Takedown consumes it. If Ambush consumes the buff its cast time is decreased by 1s. If EP consumes it, it will place 2 Explosive Probes on the target. If Takedown consumes it, it will increase Takedown crit chance to 100%. (3-4 min cooldown)

I dont like crit mechanics and this change will allow any spec to use the cooldown for different moments while keeping most of the dmg gained from crit mechanics. MM will be the one hurt the most by this since LT would be most useful to start but with such a long cooldown it is supposed to be more of a offensive support and burst dealer than actual dps increase. Eng/Hybrid will have a blast since double EP means more energy gain and single target dmg and Lethality will be able to use the Takedown change in the beginning of the fight.

It will give all specs a chance to burst on a very long cooldown either in a way suited for them OR in a way their skills cooldown allow. Plus this way they will not be bound to skill trees which also garantees that there will be no additional skill in those trees to identify which Laze Target change will happen.

But by being the discussion over tomorrow well I just hope they see my idea here :P

My vote goes to change Laze Target but not the one proposed at the moment.

AngelFluttershy
09.04.2013 , 11:18 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by BetaKiller View Post
Been gone for a while sorry :P
I want Laze to change but not this change, I think this is way too simple and idea and not very feasible on the tech side without a skill point on the skill trees even though it would be a good change to try tone down the amount of hybrids.

Personally I would prefer much more something in the line of:

Laze Target places a Laze buff into self, next Ambush, EP or Takedown consumes it. If Ambush consumes the buff its cast time is decreased by 1s. If EP consumes it, it will place 2 Explosive Probes on the target. If Takedown consumes it, it will increase Takedown crit chance to 100%. (3-4 min cooldown)

I dont like crit mechanics and this change will allow any spec to use the cooldown for different moments while keeping most of the dmg gained from crit mechanics. MM will be the one hurt the most by this since LT would be most useful to start but with such a long cooldown it is supposed to be more of a offensive support and burst dealer than actual dps increase. Eng/Hybrid will have a blast since double EP means more energy gain and single target dmg and Lethality will be able to use the Takedown change in the beginning of the fight.

It will give all specs a chance to burst on a very long cooldown either in a way suited for them OR in a way their skills cooldown allow. Plus this way they will not be bound to skill trees which also garantees that there will be no additional skill in those trees to identify which Laze Target change will happen.

But by being the discussion over tomorrow well I just hope they see my idea here :P

My vote goes to change Laze Target but not the one proposed at the moment.
You should check out the other thread that we'll be submitting along side this one and offer up your Laze Target change suggestion, in the requested format, there. I always like discussing new ideas for a change, and your idea is definitely different than what others have suggested. However, two EP's on the target would be an insane amount of damage and every spec would choose to use that in most circumstances, especially if in Eng/Hybrid it gives two sets of Cluster Bombs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=675601

BetaKiller
09.05.2013 , 10:29 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
You should check out the other thread that we'll be submitting along side this one and offer up your Laze Target change suggestion, in the requested format, there. I always like discussing new ideas for a change, and your idea is definitely different than what others have suggested. However, two EP's on the target would be an insane amount of damage and every spec would choose to use that in most circumstances, especially if in Eng/Hybrid it gives two sets of Cluster Bombs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=675601
Ohhh didn't see that one :P
Posting this there AND fixing the EP I saw that error.. can't have a skill doing 200% max should be 180% (better 150%)

CorrVondell
11.02.2013 , 02:31 AM | #155
@ paowee

thx for your instant massage.

here are the results of the german votings...

I want LT/SL to affect abilities specific to the 3 specs at the cost of increased cooldown

12 Points (for those who don´t know the Eurovision Song Contest that meens YES! )

T3-M4
Kasía Sniper - Lethality 8x

Tougod
11.04.2013 , 03:24 AM | #156
I agree with the purposed changed, but I would MUCH rather have another defensive cooldown instead. I'd rather have them change the name and function of Laze Target to something that gives us a 4 sec stealth like the Sent/Mara's have. Our sister class, the Operative, is a stealther class, so why not give us a temp stealth to get us out of trouble when we get locked down by Operatives/Assassins/Warriors....? It makes total sense to me.
A'shrak - The Original Mandalorian Sniper

Aerilas
11.11.2013 , 01:43 PM | #157
Put me down for the new idea of Laze Target (autocrit on ambush/explosive probe/takedown). Though the cooldown shouldn't be longer than 2minutes I think, but not any less either
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Aerilas
03.05.2014 , 08:50 AM | #158
So this isn't happening? Shame, I was looking forward to it
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

BaineOs
03.06.2014 , 01:02 PM | #159
I still don't entirely get why people think this is an issue. Any question regarding laze target was/is a waste of time in my opinion. I'm really hoping it won't make an appearance that with the next set of questions.
Es'carli D'Lakutos
Level 1 - 65, three disciplines, three characters, one video

AngelFluttershy
03.06.2014 , 06:08 PM | #160
I think this mostly came about in the attempt to keep dialogue open with the combat team after the first set of questions. I highly doubt a Laze Target/Target Acquired question will come up again considering we already asked about it, and it seems there are more important questions to be asked this time around (Snipers/Gunslingers were sitting pretty in terms of class balancing last round).