Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

FridgeLM
08.29.2013 , 03:19 PM | #141
This change is underwhelming but better than LT as it exists right now. Don't know how you'd count that under your system.
<Death and Taxes>

Pilgrim_Grey
08.29.2013 , 06:40 PM | #142
I'd go with the "new" or Bioware Laze Target. I don't particularly use the current version much, even though I probably should, since I have the instant Charged Burst or whatever when I go into cover.

CJNJ
08.29.2013 , 06:56 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
This change is underwhelming but better than LT as it exists right now. Don't know how you'd count that under your system.
LT was never ment to be an overwhelming skill lol. We just want it to be moved up to have some use again

islander
08.30.2013 , 10:00 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Actually come to think of it, the reason they are pushing the cooldown up so much is specifically so it doesn't increase dps. Snipers are already the highest parsing class, giving them more dps would be rediculus particularly when they just told the second lowest parsing class, that their low dps are just "perception problems"
In PvP, Marauders disagree.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

paowee
08.30.2013 , 11:18 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
I'll take the new Laze Target. (yes vote)
I'll keep the new Laze Target. (no vote)
I'll abstain from this thread and let others decide the fate of Laze Target (abstain vote).

I think you are on the yes vote >_<? i'll write it down as yes for now.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

PisaniAdam
09.01.2013 , 04:47 PM | #146
Just came across this thread recently and I've thought a bit before I answered.

I don't think we DESERVE a more punchy laze-target. Would it increase our overall dummy parse DPS? No. But it WOULD give us yet another advantage over less well-endowed classes on particular fights, meaning more reason to take a sniper (or a second sniper) over, say, a sorc or an assassin, classes we already have beat in most regards.

For example:

Kephess the Undying - Increased burst during downed phases, more total DPS, less difficulty pushing to 10% before the last pillar comes down (though admittedly not a hard fight to manage that in the first place).

The TFB - Super fast Larvas go down a lot faster 2/3 times with this change, assuring an ambush crit once very 2-3 minutes.

Thrasher - Already a backup for the melee DPS not being able to get to the demolitionist because of MM's Diversion, we could theoretically hold Laze Target and bring the demo down rapidly. Would be a valid reason to simply alternate demolitionists between a mara and a sniper and allow more uptime on the boss for DPS.

Ops Chief - Less time for the turrets to be up = less random, spiky damage for healers. We already have an advantage over most classes in this fight, as we have no setup to do in MM when taking down the turrets.

Styrak - every second buffing add in phase 1 goes down faster, and melee DPS have less need to leave the boss. Would allow me to come out before chained manifestation if nightmared with probably 2 or 3 seconds to spare.

Granted, these only cover PvE bonuses. While I don't ranked PvP regularly, it seems to me that we've been given increased utility and great single target DPS without having to burn our energy to 0 with 2.0. We still have a single ridiculous burst 1v1 (Flashbang, orbital, EP, corrosive dart, ambush, followthrough) that's up every 45 seconds, and we're hard to surprise now with the stealth scan built into our cover. I don't feel that we deserve an upgrade to Laze Target, and I don't feel that there's any way it could be more fairly distributed between the specs aside from making it a 10 second buff to all crit, or something similar.

Put me on the leave it as it is list. I'd rather see changes to make us less easy to play in MM. People are QQing about us for a reason.
Tamren, Marksman Sniper
Haterade

Pilgrim_Grey
09.02.2013 , 04:01 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by PisaniAdam View Post
Put me on the leave it as it is list. I'd rather see changes to make us less easy to play in MM. People are QQing about us for a reason.
They are? I thought most of the complainers were from unrealistic players that want to have it all. Like some of the Sorc posters that wanted to not have to worry about people getting out of LOS on their channeled powers and wanted to do most of their damage on the move.

Sharpshooters and Marksmen have plenty of counters that keep me from facerolling any decent opponents I face. A decent stealther can make things difficult, as can other Snipers or Gunslingers, as can the many DoT specs, and other ranged damage types, too. Oh, and all those melee types that can leap to you in cover (or manage to run up to you, which isn't as hard as it sounds in a chaotic and hard fought WZ) and then resist your CC. Really, there is way too much QQing over this spec--it's more about other specs not working as well as they should than us working as we should (seriously, the fact that Laze Target was one of the Sniper questions shows that the class is pretty much doing what it's supposed to, rather than the questions asked by Scoundrels for DPS, for instance).

Also, the proposed change to Laze Target/Smuggler's Luck would put the power on a really long cooldown, too. One guaranteed crit from ONE power every few minutes is hardly overpowered, just a strategic choice that's more interesting than a guaranteed crit on a moderate power.

PisaniAdam
09.03.2013 , 12:55 AM | #148
To clarify, I don't feel that people are QQing about us PvP wise for tons of good reasons. We have a few nice things 1v1, but I don't feel overpowered compared to other ranged DPS classes, especially when it comes to having consistent burst (less than our 30-45 second CD huge burst). What I mean is that people complaining about MM in PvE are entirely correct: It's super easy to play, it does tons of damage, and it's well suited to every current NiM fight. Carrying a MM Sniper in your group makes a great deal of fights easier than without one, and you get one of the consistently top PvE DPS specs as well. I preferred pre-2.0 Marksmanship, though I don't hate the damage boost we got.
Tamren, Marksman Sniper
Haterade

paowee
09.03.2013 , 11:27 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
They are? I thought most of the complainers were from unrealistic players that want to have it all. Like some of the Sorc posters that wanted to not have to worry about people getting out of LOS on their channeled powers and wanted to do most of their damage on the move.

Sharpshooters and Marksmen have plenty of counters that keep me from facerolling any decent opponents I face. A decent stealther can make things difficult, as can other Snipers or Gunslingers, as can the many DoT specs, and other ranged damage types, too. Oh, and all those melee types that can leap to you in cover (or manage to run up to you, which isn't as hard as it sounds in a chaotic and hard fought WZ) and then resist your CC. Really, there is way too much QQing over this spec--it's more about other specs not working as well as they should than us working as we should (seriously, the fact that Laze Target was one of the Sniper questions shows that the class is pretty much doing what it's supposed to, rather than the questions asked by Scoundrels for DPS, for instance).

Also, the proposed change to Laze Target/Smuggler's Luck would put the power on a really long cooldown, too. One guaranteed crit from ONE power every few minutes is hardly overpowered, just a strategic choice that's more interesting than a guaranteed crit on a moderate power.
He was talking PVE >_<. You replied with a PVP post XD

paowee
09.03.2013 , 11:29 AM | #150
Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

Eric said to shoot him the thread(s) once everything is done. He'll send it to over to the combat team and "see what he can do"

There are about what... ~50 participants in this thread? Say the minimum swtor population is 500,000. That makes us 0.01% of this game's population. I just want to say thanks in advance to eric (and BW, if they do end up replying to this at alll lol), for taking the time to reply to such a small audience ^_^,