Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

Solar_Breeze
08.26.2013 , 05:35 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Im going to propose something competely different from this.

A new ability that REPLACES Laze Target

I did always hope Laze would be something like this. It always struck me as it should mark the target with something which increased accuracy/armour pen against that target for a certain duration "as you are now hitting it in more vital places etc.."

Perhaps on the voting form we can have.

Change | Change but to something different | No Change

for me I would vote 1 | 1 | 0 as I would like to see it changed but would also rather it is changed to something completely different rather then just abilities added.
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

Luckeyduckey
08.26.2013 , 05:42 PM | #102
Hey.

I was hoping we could get something like HK's "Assassinate." Why not make Laze Sight increase the activation time of Ambush by double (So for MM with 2 snipes = 3 seconds, rest for 5 seconds) and increase the damage and crit by 100%. So like, a super healer nuke. I'm still for the change, as I stated, but I would totally nerdgasm if I could have a long cast super ability I could hit on unsuspecting enemies. Just my thoughts.

paowee
08.26.2013 , 05:59 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by BARSAL View Post
If all it's going to be is still ONE auto-crit, that cooldown better not be above one and a half to two minutes or that would be a complete waste of redesign. If they want to make it more like Force Potency I would be ok with over two minutes if the cooldown had mutiple charges.
They don't intend to redesign it at all. It's just something that came up since we asked about it in the Sniper Q&A. Trust me buffing Snipers is not in the list of things to fix for BW. This is just a bone tied to a string they threw our way. We can grab and bite it off or ignore it and they'll just yank it away.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

yindaka
08.26.2013 , 06:06 PM | #104
I'm pro changing it to auto-crit for snipe, ambush or takedown. But maybe a lesser CD than 3 minutes, somewhere between 1,5 and 2 minutes and a small energy cost of 5 to 10 energy?

islander
08.26.2013 , 06:43 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Hey.

I was hoping we could get something like HK's "Assassinate." Why not make Laze Sight increase the activation time of Ambush by double (So for MM with 2 snipes = 3 seconds, rest for 5 seconds) and increase the damage and crit by 100%. So like, a super healer nuke. I'm still for the change, as I stated, but I would totally nerdgasm if I could have a long cast super ability I could hit on unsuspecting enemies. Just my thoughts.
they would never, ever allow that to happen.Too OP
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

CaptCody
08.26.2013 , 07:24 PM | #106
I vote Yes for the change to 2 min CD with the crit on Ambush, Takedown, or Explosive Probe

Love,

Horice
B O L I D E
Legacy

Lord_Viro
08.26.2013 , 08:20 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptCody View Post
I vote Yes for the change to 2 min CD with the crit on Ambush, Takedown, or Explosive Probe

Love,

Horice
count my vote yes for this as well
When all of your wishes are granted. Many of your dreams will be destroyed. "Marilyn Manson"

paowee
08.26.2013 , 10:43 PM | #108
updated the op
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

CarbonMerid
08.27.2013 , 12:08 AM | #109
Count my Vote as a Yes for the change ^_^

SamuelAU
08.27.2013 , 02:16 AM | #110
I can see how having laze target affect a separate ability will help, but putting it on a longer cooldown is just taking a step backwards, granted it'd be a bonus for PvP but have little to no effect, if not a minus, for PvE.

I'm all for changing Laze Target/Smuggler's Luck but I'd rather throw a few more ideas around to try and find a better solution.

I want to see some changes to LT/SL but this one is still underwhelming for me.
Gomerik
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>