Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gear Drop in the two new Operations 2.4


Tito_O's Avatar


Tito_O
09.02.2013 , 03:29 AM | #41
From my first SM-run on Dread Fortress, I can confirm that SM drops both 69 and 72-level Gear.

The Loot-table, as we encountered it:
  1. Nefra, who bars the way
    • Arkanian Token (Bracers)
    • random Black-Market Item (Bracers)
  2. Gate Commander Draxus
    • Arkanian Token (Boots)
    • random Black-Market Item (Boots)
  3. Grob'thok, who feeds the forge
    • Arkanian Token (Head)
    • random Black-Market Item (Ear)
  4. Corruptor Zero
    • Underworld Token (Head)
    • Arkanian Token (Offhand)
    • random Verpine Item (Ear)
  5. Dreadmaster Brontes
    • Underworld Token (Hand)
    • Arkanian Token (Chest)
    • random Verpine Item (Hand)

See screenshots here.

Btw, there are two new legacy-titles to be earned on Oricon:
PvE: "Master of Dread" (complete story and daylies at least once)
PvP: "Judged Dread" (I don't remember the requirements)
The Coric Legacy
Nate | Pinkamina | Syskal | Cas
Zhali | Viraana | Raykal | Orivik | Shim'rra | Vestarah
[T3-M4]

Vis-Tecum's Avatar


Vis-Tecum
09.02.2013 , 04:49 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Hard mode drops 78 gear and is seemingly tuned for 75 geared players.
Set bonus 78 gear is called "Dread Forged" and non set bonus is named "Oriconian".
It is similar to when Asation/TFB came out. Story mode is easier and is meant for players who have gone along with the story mode gear order, and hard mode is for top-gear. Nightmare will be far off then.
that makes no sense top end guilds should be doing NIM ops not HM

teams able to do NIM content just got their new content and gear [and exclusive titles and exclusive mounts and exclusive secret bosses... yeah I'm bitter at how much they get pandered too being less then 1%] a couple months back and most haven't cleared that. for teams clearing / farming HM still there hasn't been new content since 2.0

I feel if your team is in full 75's you should be getting your challenge from NIM TFB / SNV until NIM DF / DP comes out and then chase a new tier of NIM gear, teams in full 75's should not be looking to the HM of the new ops for their top end challenges and teams farming HM TFB / SNV should not be gated from HM DF / DP by gear because they can not clear NIM to get full 75's and be forced to farm SM DF / DP for 69's when they are already in full 72's and the same for SM DF / DP should not be gated by 72 gear for SM guilds that are in mainly 69's still

this whole ops progression just seems very unusual, im afraid that come 2.4 average guilds are going to be extremely bored with the new SM ops and the top end guilds are going to be extremely disappointed with the HM, then there will be no one happy left in the game
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Darth-Mailman's Avatar


Darth-Mailman
09.02.2013 , 04:54 AM | #43
Agreed. HM's should be tuned for the gear that drops in the last HM operations... According to the weekly quest it is exactly like that. Advised gear level is 168 (72).
Failure is allways an option.

Lacedemon's Avatar


Lacedemon
09.02.2013 , 05:26 AM | #44
Honestly the ops felt tuned for 72's on HM not 75's. As a tank in about 70% 75's I felt over-geared for it, surprised we are getting 78's in this op as it seems like unnecessary. I was expecting 75's but in new shells to better control power creep. Although I guess that in tuning it for 72's or possibly lower and then having it drop 78's it makes it accessible for all and have a relevance to NiM raiders
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

KallaMan's Avatar


KallaMan
09.02.2013 , 05:26 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Mailman View Post
Agreed. HM's should be tuned for the gear that drops in the last HM operations... According to the weekly quest it is exactly like that. Advised gear level is 168 (72).
hmm, in that perspective yes, but think about it. NIM Scum and Villainy isn't that old and BW probably doesn't want players thinking they can jus skip NIM and move on to the next operation and get KD gear so easily. So yea if I have to do NIM SnV before I do the two new operations on HM. fine by me. Plus it separates the players who actually work their asses off doing nightmare and getting the KD gear and those who jus wait for the gear to be obtained(Like people did when they put BH and DG gear in EV, KP, and EC).
Mistaken Identitiy

Darth-Mailman's Avatar


Darth-Mailman
09.02.2013 , 05:56 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by KallaMan View Post
hmm, in that perspective yes, but think about it. NIM Scum and Villainy isn't that old and BW probably doesn't want players thinking they can jus skip NIM and move on to the next operation and get KD gear so easily. So yea if I have to do NIM SnV before I do the two new operations on HM. fine by me. Plus it separates the players who actually work their asses off doing nightmare and getting the KD gear and those who jus wait for the gear to be obtained(Like people did when they put BH and DG gear in EV, KP, and EC).
That's also a good point.

However, I think if they tuned the new HM ops for 75 gear, that target audience would just be to small.
There's plenty of people/guilds that have no problems at all clearing the current HM operations, but are still struggling with the NiM operations. Tuning for 75 would mean that they would be stuck at the sm versions, which is no challenge at all.
Failure is allways an option.

Vis-Tecum's Avatar


Vis-Tecum
09.02.2013 , 06:51 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Mailman View Post
That's also a good point.

However, I think if they tuned the new HM ops for 75 gear, that target audience would just be to small.
There's plenty of people/guilds that have no problems at all clearing the current HM operations, but are still struggling with the NiM operations. Tuning for 75 would mean that they would be stuck at the sm versions, which is no challenge at all.
not to mention then what is the point of NIM ops if NIM teams are supposed to be getting the highest challenge and gear from HM. is NIM then just to reuse content?

bioware Austin really needs to be more clear about their plans for progression, right now the lack of consistency makes me concerned that they have no long term plans or structure for ops progression.
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Darth-Mailman's Avatar


Darth-Mailman
09.02.2013 , 07:03 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
not to mention then what is the point of NIM ops if NIM teams are supposed to be getting the highest challenge and gear from HM. is NIM then just to reuse content?

bioware Austin really needs to be more clear about their plans for progression, right now the lack of consistency makes me concerned that they have no long term plans or structure for ops progression.
Yeah, currently it seems like they're just improvising things without a real plan...
Failure is allways an option.

Vis-Tecum's Avatar


Vis-Tecum
09.02.2013 , 07:13 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Lacedemon View Post
Honestly the ops felt tuned for 72's on HM not 75's. As a tank in about 70% 75's I felt over-geared for it, surprised we are getting 78's in this op as it seems like unnecessary. I was expecting 75's but in new shells to better control power creep. Although I guess that in tuning it for 72's or possibly lower and then having it drop 78's it makes it accessible for all and have a relevance to NiM raiders
my concern for that is when SNV was on pts it was very easy compared to when it went live the same for the NIM versions, on pts everybody was saying they were too easy and not NIM worthy, that turned out not to be the case when they went live, same with the HM czerka FP's. it seems that the pts is tuned down for testing and gets buffed when it goes live. but that is basically a wait and see opinion

right now on pts most groups are requiring you to be in some 75's to join and still not clearing the op. like I said if it turns out to be more on the 75 gear side and is to difficult for teams in 72's farming HM that cant clear NIM and too easy for NIM teams in full 75's earning 78's to make it even easier then no one is going to be happy and raiders seem to be the only ones currently in the game that are somewhat happy

also if HM is dropping 78's is that going to mean that 75 level mod schematics will now be learnable, that not only throw's a wrench in to the gear progression but also hands NIM teams a huge exclusive credit faucet
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
09.02.2013 , 07:43 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Lacedemon View Post
Honestly the ops felt tuned for 72's on HM not 75's.
This.

4/5'd HM the other day with one tank in 69's, me in 72's and the other pug dps was probably not in 75's either. While the other 5 in the group were mostly in 75's I feel this op is more balanced towards verpine/augmented arkanian, you probably don't even need min/maxed underworld to pull it off.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!