Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Drop in the two new Operations 2.4

Godly_CzL
08.28.2013 , 11:40 AM | #31
Was it officially posted? or do you mean from reading other posters on this thread?

FlyinSpaghetti
08.29.2013 , 05:05 PM | #32
Judging from the PTS so far (Subject to change):

SM drops Arkanian and verpine/underworld.

HM drops 78's.

http://i39.tinypic.com/206k4d0.jpg
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

MitchPB
08.29.2013 , 05:54 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Judging from the PTS so far (Subject to change):

SM drops Arkanian and verpine/underworld.

HM drops 78's.

http://i39.tinypic.com/206k4d0.jpg
I'm assuming then that HM requires 75's to complete
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

Amantino
08.29.2013 , 08:58 PM | #34
Probably doable in 72 gear. I mean, it's only hard mode...

Made a picture of the relics: http://i.imgur.com/nf9dfyc.png
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Darth-Mailman
08.30.2013 , 06:28 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
I'm assuming then that HM requires 75's to complete
Advised gear level (on the weekly quest) says 72.

Which makes sense, since HM should be 'doable' even for people/guilds that didn't manage to complete (or only partly) the recent NiM operations... otherwise the target audience for HM operations would get rather small.
Failure is allways an option.

FlyinSpaghetti
08.30.2013 , 07:44 AM | #36
While DPS and other requirements were probably hard to tell because most of the group I was running with were in 75's (bar myself obviously), I didn't feel it to be more punishing to have less gear than the others. The only time we hit an enrage was on first attempt of the third boss due to not knowing the magnet mechanic and being a bit all over the place between the adds and boss. Any other wipes were purely down to mechanics (i.e not knowing about zero's lazer).

Maybe I might change my opinion when I play with a more balanced group for the gear requirement but I believe someone in augmented arkanian or unoptimized stock verpine could hold their weight in this op easily. I would put the gear difficulty more akin to golden fury HM rather than a step up from current NiM ops.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Vis-Tecum
08.30.2013 , 02:06 PM | #37
what annoys me is after almost two years into the game bioware has not figured out how they want gear progression to work. it seems like with every new ops they are just winging it and making up their progression plans as they go. evidence why so many people are confused about the gear tiers and have no clue how gear progression is going to work through the next ops, not to mention future ops. it seems that a plan should have been in place along time ago and we should know the drop ratings and tier progression before the ops even come out. but we are all clueless because they haven't had any consistent progression since launch. seems sloppy

MisterBlackJack
08.30.2013 , 02:37 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by RakeshZeal View Post
I dont know if anyone had mentioned this is far but for the weekly, SM requires 156, HM requires 168. Thus I think it would be safe to assume that no new gear til NiM of these ops.

I agree, New look maybe new set bonus thats about it unless it drops a half tier of gear aka 75-77 instead of 78.
except dulfy has confirmed that the new gear coming with 2.4 is actually better than the Kell Dragon gear

Sounds like SM is set to 156 and HM will be set to 168 but HM will drop better gear than Kell Dragon
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

KarethRiker
08.30.2013 , 02:53 PM | #39
I know it won't happen so not trying to complain but would be nice if NiM (75) for the previous tier was just slightly better than HM of the next tier (74 for instance). That gives an incentive to do NiM but also work on the HM since it will help prep you for NiM of the next tier. Or maybe make BIS relics, implants, ear drop from HM new tier, while BIS mods drop from NiM. That's probably too complicated, but at least would encourage running of both.

We're enjoying the challenge of beating NiM and it's awesome to get gear for a head start on the new Ops, but once we hopefully get our titles and the new ops releases why would we ever go back to NiM?

Regardless on the positive side I have had a lot of fun overcoming the challenge of NiM and am also looking forward to two new brand new raids to learn.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Anysao
09.01.2013 , 10:07 PM | #40
Hard mode drops 78 gear and is seemingly tuned for 75 geared players.
Set bonus 78 gear is called "Dread Forged" and non set bonus is named "Oriconian".
It is similar to when Asation/TFB came out. Story mode is easier and is meant for players who have gone along with the story mode gear order, and hard mode is for top-gear. Nightmare will be far off then.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.