Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All classes - New Sub-classes for each

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
All classes - New Sub-classes for each

Grogtide
08.23.2013 , 07:08 PM | #1
I WISH THERE WOULD BE NEW CLASSES!
I was thinking of somehow instead of adding a full new class, how about new sub-classes/specialty classes for the current Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Inquisitor, Counselor, ect..

Anyone have any ideas? i hope they see this i just feel the thought should be brought up and hopefully bring out something new and fun! maybe one for each class.

(Bounty Hunter or Trooper = Jet Trooper/More Jetpack using BH class) Along with that they would have long cooldowns and Heat / ammo consumption for them for the Jetpack use. (Closing Gap or Getting away, high heat/ammo use)

BH & Trooper can get melee weapon use (Techblade, Electrostaff, ect.)

Gren-Aluren
08.23.2013 , 07:34 PM | #2
Knowing this will never happen, I'll still play along.

Smuggler Tank that relies on mobility and cover for defense.

Helig
08.24.2013 , 02:05 AM | #3
Let them balance old classes before adding new ones.

But, just to play along, healing AC for Knights/Warriors.
Call it "Warder", or "Dark Commander" or something. Would play in the Niman lightsaber form (Form VI), single lightsaber. They'd link themselves to one target (one taking most damage, likely the tank), and gain significant amounts power when they themselves, or the target is attacked (to balance out the inconvenience of having to engage in melee to gain focus/rage). To prevent the system from being unwieldy to the point of unplayable, let Warders gain Focus/Rage during Introspection, or Channel Hatred, and prevent decay out of combat. Make reliable heals/shields that don't cost Focus, but have short to medium cooldowns.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind a healing Knight/Warrior.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

TACeMossie
08.24.2013 , 03:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Let them balance old classes before adding new ones.

But, just to play along, healing AC for Knights/Warriors.
Call it "Warder", or "Dark Commander" or something. Would play in the Niman lightsaber form (Form VI), single lightsaber. They'd link themselves to one target (one taking most damage, likely the tank), and gain significant amounts power when they themselves, or the target is attacked (to balance out the inconvenience of having to engage in melee to gain focus/rage). To prevent the system from being unwieldy to the point of unplayable, let Warders gain Focus/Rage during Introspection, or Channel Hatred, and prevent decay out of combat. Make reliable heals/shields that don't cost Focus, but have short to medium cooldowns.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind a healing Knight/Warrior.
I think Niman would work better for a healing Knight/Warriors lightsaber stance, make the form for its damage tree Makashi (which is a dualing form), because it makes sense.

Oh and the Niman form could be something awesome like "Force attacks can now target friendlies and heal them"

Other ones I wouldn't mind seeing are:

Smugglers/Agent tank that gets +armor and threat while in cover
Trooper/Bounty Hunter Melee DPS that uses Tech Stave + Generator/Dual Tech Blades for melee awesomeness.

As for names - I only have a few:

1. Sentinel is renames Weaponmaster. New Knight sub-class is named sentinel
2. New Trooper sub-class is named Harbinger.

Helig
08.24.2013 , 03:54 AM | #5
Yeah, I'd love to see Techblades and Techstaves useful for player characters. Plenty of tech-based melee NPCs, only quasi-melee Tech players.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

BobyDigital
08.24.2013 , 11:10 AM | #6
Teras kasi!

Ajwoodley
08.25.2013 , 12:35 PM | #7
I think that maybe the trooper can use a blaster pistol as well as his main weapon. Because in nearly every cinematic we see him/her with a pistol, seriously Bioware. I think we should be aloud to use a pistol.

jtrain
08.28.2013 , 04:26 PM | #8
I agree- it seems like there is about 0% chance of a new base class. It's expensive to write and produce the class story lines. I would love to see new advanced classes though. I don't really care who or what the lore archetype is- I just care about mechanics. I think one negative thing about TOR is the over simplified game mechanics. I think it would add a lot of variety to game play if they introduced a Buffer and Debuffer advanced class. RIFT has done this well.

The problem is that you would have to create several new skills and a total of eight new trees (assuming that one tree continues to be shared as the current model). One of these trees would be a new Buff or Debuff tree and the second would be some new DPS tree for each base class. That's quite a bit of work and would require a lot of creativity and balancing. Hell, I'd be happy if they just created Buff and Debuff trees and reused some of the existing DPS trees to round it out- but that would be a diversion from the current model.

I would love something like the following roles...

Hunter/Trooper - DPS/Tank; DPS/Heal; DPS/Buff
Inquisitor/Consular - DPS/Tank; DPS/Heal; DPS/Debuff
Warrior/Knight - DPS/Tank; DPS/DPS; DPS/Buff
Agent/Smuggler - DPS/Heal; DPS/DPS; DPS/Debuff

OlosBC
08.28.2013 , 06:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BobyDigital View Post
Teras kasi!
Yea. And add wookiees as playable and make the new expansion "Mists of Kashyyk"
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Helig
08.29.2013 , 02:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Yea. And add wookiees as playable and make the new expansion "Mists of Kashyyk"
Low blow. Teras Kasi is badarse though.