Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Harkess
08.23.2013 , 04:15 PM | #31
WTH.....

Thanks for the fun Bioware i'm more convince than ever to leave this game

Thanks!

Rylorn
08.23.2013 , 04:15 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
The answers are kind of lack luster here, just like with the Sorc questions.

Sure 2.4 has an overall buff to tactics and an arguable buff to Assault, but the buffs are a bit too conservative whereas I feel they need to be more gamechanging so that Vanguards/Powertechs get taken more seriously in PvP and PvE.
This is how I feel as well. I feel our arguments were weak, and Bioware just wasn't swayed. Combined with some poor timing of some minor improvements that allow Bioware to argue that we haven't fully tested the 2.4 changes yet, all the answers are depressing.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

Luxidenstore
08.23.2013 , 04:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Maelael View Post
As a CS rep, you can/should refuse to publish garbage for your company. As a former professional in the industry, I have in the past, or told them I'm not publishing their words, fixing it, and I require X,Y,Z from them.

Hell even in my current project management position, I've told the CEO of the company no, because it would ruin my/our relationship with a client and that we could do better than that. I still work here a year+ later.

So no, she's not to blame, but unless she is literally a secretary...she has some responsibility in its content, language, and positioning. Not to mention, followup.
I think you should apply here then.

If you dare.... lol
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

Maelael
08.23.2013 , 04:19 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
I think you should apply here then.

If you dare.... lol
I doubt they could pay my salary. Also, I hate spending more than 2 weeks in Texas at a time. The bigotry gets to me, even in Austin.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

Icebergy
08.23.2013 , 04:27 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Besta View Post
So, Powertechs/vanguards are worst tanks and damage BECAUSE they can use 30m range auto attack and marauders and juggs cant?
Actually I would put PT/VG tanks as a close second, right behind Jugg/Guards. Really the only tanks that have a right complain are Sin/Shadows. And even then, they were ridiculously better than the other two tanks for over a year, so its hard to feel bad for them.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Luxidenstore
08.23.2013 , 04:39 PM | #36
Wonder how the PT rep is feeling right now.. I mean seing this, it must seem like your questions doesn't really matter anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maelael View Post
I doubt they could pay my salary. Also, I hate spending more than 2 weeks in Texas at a time. The bigotry gets to me, even in Austin.
I'd take a guess that it's more that they wouldn't pay your salary. But this is pretty irrelevant other than for chest pounding reasons.
Use my Referral link and save starving children on Rishi. Join the movement now.

Benets
08.23.2013 , 04:53 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
The answers are kind of lack luster here, just like with the Sorc questions.

Sure 2.4 has an overall buff to tactics and an arguable buff to Assault, but the buffs are a bit too conservative whereas I feel they need to be more gamechanging so that Vanguards/Powertechs get taken more seriously in PvP and PvE.
Oh ya, they're fooling people, they ask only to pretend they care. Only to deny later and say that people need to lear to play it. Intersting that the DEV team playing ARENA sucks.

They don't play his own game, i bet they all go to other game to have fun, probly they play wow, guild wars 2, rift.

IT'S A FACT BIOWARE DEV TEAM IS DUMB
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Brunner_Venda
08.23.2013 , 04:55 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Luxidenstore View Post
I'd take a guess that it's more that they wouldn't pay your salary. But this is pretty irrelevant other than for chest pounding reasons.
No, he's not kidding. I made the mistake of driving through Midland/Odessa Texas on the way to Dallas for a job. I stopped for lunch, ate, and I walked back outside to find myself in the middle of a klan rally. Needless to say I did not return to Texas after that. This was what, five or six year ago?

The response is typical of the arrogant condescending attitude the devs have.

Derp derp! Comparing yourself to our favorite classes leads to disappointment!

No you idiot, FIGHTING other classes in PVP leads to disappointment, because the assault spec dies constantly with no defensive CD's.

Ottoattack
08.23.2013 , 04:57 PM | #39
It's not that the class is not fixed (I do play others), but when the devs tell me I have "perception problem," after the community gathers evidence and information, their is a serious problem. Even, if the community is wrong, the devs should have indulged us and explain why and how the class is not under performing, instead of this 30 meter crap, that if I used in the game general chat people would laugh at me.

It was wrong answer, wrong information, poorly worded. The only thing left was the devs to put middle finger in the response. Considering that I invested time and gathered data showing that the class is under performing, and so did others in the community, a detailed explanation was the bare minimum. This is unacceptable.

Unfortunately the only thing left is to vote with my money. I refuse to support such customer service. Yes, devs response to community questions/concerns is a part of the customer service package. This is garbage customer service. Do I feel entitled for an appropriate response? Maybe, since the devs promised one when the opened the door for community questions and the community spent time gathering evidence. Maybe next time get your devs to understand what the heck they are talking about before they talk and hire people who can write.

Dedrayge
08.23.2013 , 05:06 PM | #40
That dev sounds arrogant..
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar