Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ottoattack
08.23.2013 , 03:21 PM | #11
You know, I did not think the answers will be any good, but this is down right insulting.

So PvP community is "delusional." I guess I have been imagining that no one takes PTs to RWZs and that they suck over all in WZs. Maybe you should get real and provide real answers to the questions instead of this half assed crap, and I might change my "perspective" of the devs from being completely to semi incompetent.

PvE, for that 1008932798 time, the "burn out argument," is beyond dumb. Please show me a pyro parse on an ACTUAL OPS boss doing higher than 2,700 then we will take. Also, none of the changes made on PTS will result in damage gain from for pyro from PvE stand point. I answered nothing and offered nothing of value.

Damage, go see PTS. Really?! That's the best input you can offer? I guess I have been imaging the 200 posts criticizing the changes between PTS forum, and PT/VG forums. Is the best you have to offer?

Ansalem
08.23.2013 , 03:25 PM | #12
Wow do they even know their own game? holy hell! "Please keep in mind that Pyrotech will perform considerably worse on a target dummy than it does in a real combat situation. There are two primary reasons for this. The most obvious reason is that the Burnout skill does not get its full effect on a target dummy, because a target dummy never falls below 30% health. The less obvious reason is because only around 48% of an Pyrotech’s damage ignores armor" this response isnt cutting it. What about the other classes that have sub 30% skills/executes? They do just fine on target dummies they also lack armor penetration too.
These responses were so lackluster its like a slap in the face to the entire BH community. Its as if they didnt want to be bothered with questions at all so gave short, undetailed, and incomplete responses. Do they seriously think that burnout sub 30% is going to close the huge gap in dmg between other classes especially when they get executes? friggin outrageous

Ansalem
08.23.2013 , 03:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
You know, I did not think the answers will be any good, but this is down right insulting.

So PvP community is "delusional." I guess I have been imagining that no one takes PTs to RWZs and that they suck over all in WZs. Maybe you should get real and provide real answers to the questions instead of this half assed crap, and I might change my "perspective" of the devs from being completely to semi incompetent.

PvE, for that 1008932798 time, the "burn out argument," is beyond dumb. Please show me a pyro parse on an ACTUAL OPS boss doing higher than 2,700 then we will take. Also, none of the changes made on PTS will result in damage gain from for pyro from PvE stand point. I answered nothing and offered nothing of value.

Damage, go see PTS. Really?! That's the best input you can offer? I guess I have been imaging the 200 posts criticizing the changes between PTS forum, and PT/VG forums. Is the best you have to offer?
I felt insulted too especially when she says to copy a char over to the PTS to see. I mean *** people have done that already they are testing arenas and the changes...guess what they are still underperformiing. Ridiculous

Master-Nala
08.23.2013 , 03:34 PM | #14
Why did they create this class rep thing if they were going to just dismiss our concerns?

Luxidenstore
08.23.2013 , 03:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Why did they create this class rep thing if they were going to just dismiss our concerns?
PR reasons, to make it seem like they're trying.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PMZhvb

Use this link to get 7 days of sub, plus prefered friends bundle.

DarthBloodloss
08.23.2013 , 03:38 PM | #16
Does the class rep really write questions that are 25 lines long with no paragraphs or line breaks? Or did the dev just copy/paste like that.... And those questions seem pretty vague and open ended, that's why they gave vague answers.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Balmuck
08.23.2013 , 03:41 PM | #17
First, you guys are NOT sorry for anything. My grandmother, who's never played a game, would have come up with a better constructed and coherent message to your player base. Reading this response, is literally making me wish I didn't resub few days ago, which I ONLY DID, because there was a glimmer of hope left, or at least I taught so, of playing my Powertech again, and feeling like I actually belong on the field with the "other" classes (you know which they are, I don't have to write down anything for you). When I say that, I mean the competitive field, not random pick up groups, with mediocre players.

Second, it is beyond ABSURD that you guys claim to have "fixed" anything in 2.4, especially our trees, which you GUTTED a while back, and left us to rot in **** that was up to our neck. Sooo, you know what you did? You took the **** that was up to our necks, and drained it until it was right about waist high, and called it a fix.

You didn't fix anything! The idiotic claim that more damage on DoTs, below 30% HP, will fix Pyro is just that, idiotic. While other classes get execute abilities, that literally do upwards of 10k damage per hit, you're giving us a dummy, idiot version, that can be cleansed, only affects our weakest abilities (yea, our DoTs suck massive donkey balls and it's supposed to be our primary mode of damage in that spec). Can't wait for my 3 DoTs to do 150 more damage per tick, while a Mara chucks out 5-7k hits on every execute without even blinking, with horrible gear. The Thermal Detonator "fix" is not a fix. Again, you nerfed it into **** and then buffed the **** by 5%. That's nothing. The slightly increased damage to mid tree, by our harder hitting ability, which is OK, if it didn't suck. Basically, it now does about 6k damage per hit, so we can get our medal, which is offset by the nerfs to our Snare, which we had to overuse to overcompensate for ZERO BURST. What should I follow up my immolate with now? Flame Thrower that SHOULD NEVER hit anyone with a brain cell? Yea, that ability....

Also, stop it with the target dummy thing. Which other class uses their executes on a dummy that's over 30%? Oh, wait, NO CLASS can do that. I remember when your last player stats came out, PTs were one of the least played classes. I'm willing to bet anything, that the numbers are even worse now. You wanna know why that is? It's definitely NOT because of how awesome the Dev team is at keeping the class, and the player base happy.

All I ask, OR ANYONE else asks for is to ALLOW us to be on EQUAL footing when compared to other classes. We are NOT right now, and no matter what you say, anyone in their right mind, would pick either a better tank (Juggy/Guardian), or much better DPS (Snipers, Maras), in their team for competitive games. Either allow us to compete, or just fricking delete us, because every single time I play this game, I feel like my class is inadequate, and that feeling SUCKS.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

dipstik
08.23.2013 , 03:47 PM | #18
i like the second answer, and i like that the pvp question spoke to pve concerns. seems odd that Pt tanks would be unhappy with their survivability, considering post 2.0 is a spike check, and they are the least spikey tanks of them all.

Balmuck
08.23.2013 , 03:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Does the class rep really write questions that are 25 lines long with no paragraphs or line breaks? Or did the dev just copy/paste like that.... And those questions seem pretty vague and open ended, that's why they gave vague answers.
Basically, that's what's left of the PT/Vanguard community.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Twickers
08.23.2013 , 03:48 PM | #20
Have to say...that was a really, REALLY poor choice of words Bioware, I don't play a vanguard/powertech as a main, have them as alts but even I can tell when I occasionally play on them that they need help, and this is honestly the best you can say? Come the hell on.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown