Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

psybernetic
08.23.2013 , 02:51 PM | #11
Devs may want to watch Mudclot's streams to get an idea of how ridiculous it is to play a DPS sorc in 4v4s compared to snipers and especially marauders.

LOLUNDYINGRAGETHROUGHPOISONCLOUDHAHAHAHAVICTORY

http://www.twitch.tv/mudclot/b/449981468
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

Maelael
08.23.2013 , 02:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Yeah thesare sort of non answers. I'll have to break it down more when I get time.

Generally, though, our main complaint is we can't be purely good at anything when that is what the game demands from us at the top level. When we are dps spec, we want to DPS. It's the healers job to keep us alive when we get hurt from mechanics. If we waste time healing ourselves then we miss the enrage time.

Saying we can't compare ourselves to other DPS classes is ridiculous. Those are the people we need to compete with to get into raids. If they can mitigate more damage than us while putting out more, who would you bring into the raid?
I'd call those blunted straight answers.

They essentially said:
1. l2p, this is how we wanted the class to work.
2. You're a hybrid DPS class. Not a DPS class.

"In PvE, all healers (not just Corruption Sorcerers) should struggle with resources in prolonged combat encounters (unless they have out-geared the encounter). In PvP, healers should not be able to keep everyone alive either because too much damage is being done to too many of their allies all at once or because one specific ally is taking too much damage within a short timeframe – not because they are running out of resources. If this is not the case for a well-played Corruption Sorcerer, then we will make necessary adjustments when it becomes more apparent."

Apparently the game they play is not the same as ours!

I'd love to know what basis for comparison or test level they go by for the force management issues though.

I'm not sure if this response could be considered a win or not with the crit response. If they committed to fixing crit within a time frame other than "In the furture" or "Soon" I'd be amazed. Unfortunately for the gaming communities this is considered good Customer Service by the industry, and then they wonder why they get trashed, trolled, and death threats.

Edit: Nibbon, I'll be surprised at your strength - or consider you a total sucker - if you choose to continue being the Sage rep with the farce of these responses.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

Radzkie
08.23.2013 , 03:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
Anyone else less than satisfied with these answers?
Me.

Finally, the devs managed to smother the last spark of hope I had for sages in PvP.
Radzkie (Seer) | Elím (Sawbones)
The Lovecraft Legacy
<Ascension>

-IceHawk-
08.23.2013 , 03:05 PM | #14
I knew it all along!

Sorcs are completely and properly balance...it is just that we do not know how to play the game!

Thank you for the clarification devs.

#NotSuprised

MillionsKNives
08.23.2013 , 03:07 PM | #15
Ouch. The arrogance and dismissal displayed in the responses is amazing. And here I was hoping some good might actually come out of this system.

Wanjagenrich
08.23.2013 , 03:09 PM | #16
Thank you Devs, now I know how to play my class. Next NiM Warlords I will just run in a Corner and "heal myself to full" and then rofl at the stupid maras who only dps. Perhaps next patch we'll receive a new ability "increases enrage time on Boss by 60sec".

It reminds me of a Dev Blog from last summer where they essentially said "Sin Deception is working as intended and you bads just need to l2p". Then 2 months later they changed the tree anyway...
-The Bastion-
Twi'ceiver-Sage Deceîver-Shadow Sifood-Sentinel Nockchan-Gunslinger Legendary****-Guardian
Deceiver-Sorcerer Megawattz-Assassin Opfotmclass-Jug

suneilr
08.23.2013 , 03:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
Me.

Finally, the devs managed to smother the last spark of hope I had for sages in PvP.
This. Not sure I see the point of continuing on my sage at the moment.
This response is completely underwhelming compared to the responses the other classes got.
< ToFN Not Good Enough> The Hod Legacy
Lvl 55 Sage - Xivioke || Lvl 55 Scoundrel - El'ara || Lvl 55 Vanguard - Cky || Lvl 55 Sentinel - Black-sun || Lvl 55 Commando - Slack'er

IronmanSS
08.23.2013 , 03:10 PM | #18
Wow guys, just "wow" to these answers. "U R Fine L2P." Are they for real?

All healers should struggle with resource issues... except Ops. Op heals are clearly going to be prefered in arenas due to survivability, pressured HPS output, and of course resource advantages. It was too much to ask for equity I guess. DPS sorcs did they forget that Mercs can off heal too? Barrier and "make them pay" for attacking you? I must have missed where they put the Sorc "I win" button when you have a pack of attackers waiting for your Barrier to drop, because in my experience at the end of the barrier you're just done...

Even the tone itself was so different than the Sentinel/Sniper answers, guess we know who the favorites are, in case it was unclear before. Its clear a different dev authored the answers this time: callous, indifferent, arrogant... eerily similar to last years "Deception L2P"... wonder who it was...
Sulvira - Sith Assassin <E>

AlixMV
08.23.2013 , 03:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Canga View Post
When you spec into DPS you're DPS
This is the money comment.

In all the other posts, Bioware says they don't intend for a class to be optimized for a 'hybrid' spec, but then the Sage/Sorc DPS seems to be designed to be exactly that. "You get self-heals so you don't get defense" for a class already in the lightest armor in the game? What? And the other DPS classes in the game don't have to channel to activate their defensive abilities. Boom, done. Try doing that with a heal during...well, anything.

I'm willing to roll with a lot of the other things they said, but this--no.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Ugolino
08.23.2013 , 03:20 PM | #20
Ahem.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm so glad I don't play a sorceror. My condolences.