Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArenCordial
08.23.2013 , 06:48 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
You all need to stop complaining and heal yourself to full.
This deserves a medal.

-IceHawk-
08.23.2013 , 06:50 PM | #102
I want to extend thanks and appreciation to Psi and Nibbon for the effort they have put into these questions. You guys worked out what I consider some decent questions that engage with PVE and PVP concerns.

If anything at least the effort is not technically wasted.

Now we have direct quotes from the Developers telling us to go to hell…

ArenCordial
08.23.2013 , 06:55 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post

Now we have direct quotes from the Developers telling us to go to hell…
Come on that's not completely fair.

Its more like your fodder for Snipers and Maras. Just keep running away and healing yourself to full then reengage and repeat. Maybe you'll distract them long enough that somebody can fulfill an objective.

KTap
08.23.2013 , 06:58 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by ingenuityfails View Post
- In terms of straight up damage we're outperformed by most other classes.
- In terms of defensive capacity we're absolutely useless.
- In terms of support we don't have any armour debuff or raid-wide buff to apply. Anything else we could do as 'support' is heal, which is not our role at the time.[/B]
1. Not sure what spec you are, but I keep up with all the gunslingers/sentinels/vanguards in my ops group and they are very good dps.

2. Agreed, although self bubbling helps somewhat in TK/Lightning where force isn't an issue

3. Agreed somewhat, I still occasionally cleanse/heal/bubble people during downtime in the middle of a fight or if healers are pressured, which not many dps can do and it helps the healers out. Also, we can battle rez as dps and let the healers keep healing, which helps in 16 man nightmare where the healing can get demanding.

Edit: this is strictly for pve.

-IceHawk-
08.23.2013 , 06:59 PM | #105
Well, in response to the developer response I am working on a new Hybrid (our intended build) which will allow me to properly play this class. I don't need DPS, I just need to heal to full.

Best I can come up with thus far is 24/18/4, so I am still working on it.

Laforet
08.23.2013 , 07:00 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Psirebral View Post
Thank you for the ridiculous answers and I'm sorry Nibbon and I put in time to get these ironed out. I'm not going to go on a huge rant as to how these answers are completely unacceptable, but know this, our ability to offheal for 1% of our health for almost maybe 8% of our force is not a sufficient reason to keep us as defenseless as wet toilet paper. If we're that weak then give us the ability to really put the hurt on people without hoping the stars align (any spec).

Currently our supposed amazing 'off-healing' is easily countered by a tanks damage... see what I'm getting at here? On top of the potential healing reducers.

Here is the TLDR version of their answers:

Question 1: No, l2offheal
Question 2: No, l2offheal
Question 3: No, only one spec gets infinite force.

You are wrong. You should learn to play. Your class can heal itself to full.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Master-Nala
08.23.2013 , 07:01 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Psirebral View Post
Thank you for the ridiculous answers and I'm sorry Nibbon and I put in time to get these ironed out. I'm not going to go on a huge rant as to how these answers are completely unacceptable, but know this, our ability to offheal for 1% of our health for almost maybe 8% of our force is not a sufficient reason to keep us as defenseless as wet toilet paper. If we're that weak then give us the ability to really put the hurt on people without hoping the stars align (any spec).

Currently our supposed amazing 'off-healing' is easily countered by a tanks damage... see what I'm getting at here? On top of the potential healing reducers.

Here is the TLDR version of their answers:

Question 1: No, l2offheal
Question 2: No, l2offheal
Question 3: No, only one spec gets infinite force.
You did an excellent job with those questions, Psirebral and I genuinely thank you.

Too bad you were just doing it wrong and needed to heal to full.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

-IceHawk-
08.23.2013 , 07:03 PM | #108
I run the Lightning DPS rotation nigh perfectly now and can put up impressive DPS in comparison to slightly less geared Snipers/Maras who make mistakes in their rotations.

All things being equal this class does not compete with similarly geared and proficient players of the “pure” DPS specs.

KTap
08.23.2013 , 07:08 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
I run the Lightning DPS rotation nigh perfectly now and can put up impressive DPS in comparison to slightly less geared Snipers/Maras who make mistakes in their rotations.

All things being equal this class does not compete with similarly geared and proficient players of the “pure” DPS specs.
For certain fights sure, but if you're not matching/beating them in some fights you're doing something wrong.

(assuming you're talking pve)

dscount
08.23.2013 , 07:08 PM | #110
Well... I'm not surprised. Well over 100 replies and 98% are NEGATIVE! Learn to READ BW! You said you would monitor the Forums. I would encourage you to go back to the arrogant Combat DEV that wrote this HALF BAKED response on a napkin and handed to you to post as he couldn't be bothered while running his Sniper thru 4v4 arena on PTS.

Was expecting some sort of "Yes.. this is an issue", but instead we just got a GIANT BW MIDDLE FINGER!!!!

Thank you BIOWARE for your lack of actually answering the questions and providing BS response.

NOW. . Please fix our REGEN BUG since that's still something you should be doing in between cartel market creations.

CRIT change.. great, but that's going to be across the board it appears based on your response.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."