Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

paowee
08.23.2013 , 11:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate damage absorbed by force armor from any other absorbing effect such as Blade Barrier. The "absorbed" stat on the Damage taken tab indicates damage that was absorbed via these abilities. The best I could offer on the heal tab would be a count of force armors that you cast.
That would be great. Afaik Static Barrier / Force Armor absorbs a "set" amount of damage. The min-maxers can just multiply that by their Force armor count (?) and say.. add that to their total healing done for comparison.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

xeraphyne
08.23.2013 , 11:21 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
This happens with TORParse too, it's because CCs do heal mobs
The point being is it shouldn't count towards heals, because it's not healing the raid. O.o

xeraphyne
08.23.2013 , 11:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Interesting... This does not occur for anyone in our raid groups. Were you dropping out of combat using a stealth ability or something? This would cause a combat end event and a combat start event in the log, resulting in a new "fight".

Please keep an eye on this and if it continues to occur feel free to submit a bug report online or shoot the support email address (found in the help window of the app) a message with your log attached!
Nope, it happened for the 5 people trying it out and none are stealth. But we'll be using it more because we like it so much so I'll let you know!

NoFishing
08.23.2013 , 12:30 PM | #34
Very nice work, look forward to trying this out in raid. I really like the filters on the log, and the clear markings on the popouts for resizing. And stylistically, it looks great!

I do have a few suggestions:

1. Raid setup could be simpler. The restriction of only alphanumeric characters for raid name seems unnecessary. Spaces and other common characters [-,.:;@] should be allowed there.

But really what I would like is a button to "Create Raid" that generates a random raid key (say 6 alphanumeric characters) that I can share with the rest of the team. The password to join or delete the group should be optional. When joining a raid, you can have an option to attach a description of the group that is stored locally, in case someone actually wants to parse in more than one raid group.

2. I haven't seen the other popouts, but for the Statistics Overview, I'd rather not have every line spelled out:
Combat Time -> Time
Damage Dealt -> Dmg/DPS
Healing Done -> Heals/HPS
Effective Healing -> Eff Heal
Damage Taken -> You Suck (or maybe Dmg Taken)
Healing Received -> You Fail (or maybe Heal Recd)
Threat -> Threat/TPS

3. Some on/off customization of the Stats popout for what to display there would be nice. For example, I find Threat/TPS to be useless for most fights as DPS, because it doesn't distinguish mobs. It has yet to tell me anything useful as in "you should threat dump now". I can see it for tanks that are trying to maximize their TPS, but for most other classes, it's pointless. So having an option to turn it off would be nice.

Conversely, my slinger's DPS is very tightly correlated to my actions-per-minute (APM), so being able to show APM would be great.

OmniNeWb
08.23.2013 , 02:35 PM | #35
Spent some time parsing on the dummy with the program, looks great, feels solid, appears to be just as accurate as it's competitors, and I LOVE the fact that I don't have upteen billion windows to alt-tab through and try keep on top (TorpArse).

However, I am curious about the possibility of the abilities to,
One: be able to clip a parse within the combat log section to specific time increments.

Two: to upload, with a button in-program because some of my guildies are lazy, to a socially accessible site for submission and review for DPS/HPS/Progression Leaderboards.

Three: to have a list of users currently connected to a Raid Group, either through another tab, through a pop-out, or both, to make sure that everyone is connected properly prior to the pull.

Even without these three things, I am very, very excited to test and use this program, and hope to see the power of open source crush all competition!

jjmartin
08.23.2013 , 03:46 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniNeWb View Post
Three: to have a list of users currently connected to a Raid Group, either through another tab, through a pop-out, or both, to make sure that everyone is connected properly prior to the pull.
Would love this feature. I complain about this every op night.
Jai'Bee

Terrulin
08.23.2013 , 05:21 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
That would be great. Afaik Static Barrier / Force Armor absorbs a "set" amount of damage. The min-maxers can just multiply that by their Force armor count (?) and say.. add that to their total healing done for comparison.
Well it isnt really a set amount. Assuming you have +10% from the tk tree, then your formula is something close to (healing bonus) * 3.6 + 2015 (assuming rank 6). And of course then you are also assuming it is full used each cast, which is not always the case. This also changes during the fight based upon factors such as, did my serendipitous assault relic proc ? or am I currently using a Triage adrenal (or even attack adrenal since the healing penalty does not apply to the amount absorbed by force armor) which increase the amount absorbed ? So even if you tracked everything, there would be a ton of extra communications and calculations required to add in "total absorbed" per player source and have it be accurate enough to be relevant.
Sylinefriel - Sage Healer - <Redemption> - The Shadowlands
Scoundrel Healer, Commando DPS, Sage DPS, Sentinel DPS
Commando Healer, Guardian Tank
Sage Healing Guide - PVE

AzazaelLoki
08.23.2013 , 06:37 PM | #38
Am I just blind or is there no way to upload logs? As a raid leader I like to go back after a raid night and look at where I need to adjust dps for balancing.
Aza'zael - 55 PT Tank | Kantjil - 55 Op Heals

Yngow
08.23.2013 , 09:33 PM | #39
uploading would be nice but if not possible saving the full ops log on your computer so you can check it later would be cool
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

DarkDisturbed
08.23.2013 , 10:35 PM | #40
Suggestions from my guild:
If there is anyway to remove/ignore exit combats with stealth that would be wonderful, don't know if it's possible. I know you can manually remove them from combat logs and then upload them to torparse.
Percentage of time there is a armor debuff on target in group raids (again not sure if possible).