Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

xeraphyne
08.23.2013 , 12:48 AM | #21
I ran this tonight in our progression HM SNV raid and we are very thrilled with the intricacies that you threw into the parser. There were just a few things we noticed as far as bugs:

parser starts over after Olok The Shadow disappears the first time
parser starts over after the dread guard ads die before the kell dragon on styrak
heals are counted on CCs that are active out of combat i.e concussion missle, whirlwind, etc. for example, if our merc dps CC'd an ad, the ad is healed for 4.3k every few seconds and it counts as heals on the parse though, he never healed anyone in the raid.

paowee
08.23.2013 , 02:10 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by xeraphyne View Post
parser starts over after the dread guard ads die before the kell dragon on styrak
isn't this a good thing?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Melfalmaion
08.23.2013 , 02:39 AM | #23
Don't post that much on this forum, but just wanted to say good job on this parser, its simple to use and at the same time beautiful in design.

Just wish it wouldn't make my mumble overlay look so chunky by comparison :P
But that is a mumble overlay problem, definitely not yours! since the design fits really well with the game UI.

You get an R2D2 for the technical good work since this forum does not have a thumps up smiley:
"Still round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate."

Darth_Haderach
08.23.2013 , 04:04 AM | #24
Always good to see such initiatives. I will try the parser on my next operation. I'd recommend for a better presentation of your app to add images of what it looks like. The visual impression is important

DogEyedBoy
08.23.2013 , 06:42 AM | #25
I ran this tonight in our progression HM SNV raid and we are very thrilled with the intricacies that you threw into the parser. There were just a few things we noticed as far as bugs:

heals are counted on CCs that are active out of combat i.e concussion missle, whirlwind, etc. for example, if our merc dps CC'd an ad, the ad is healed for 4.3k every few seconds and it counts as heals on the parse though, he never healed anyone in the raid.
This happens with TORParse too, it's because CCs do heal mobs

Docmal
08.23.2013 , 08:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
Any way that Force Armor can be appended to sage's healing stats? It would be useful to see how much HP was saved/healed by a sage.
Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate damage absorbed by force armor from any other absorbing effect such as Blade Barrier. The "absorbed" stat on the Damage taken tab indicates damage that was absorbed via these abilities. The best I could offer on the heal tab would be a count of force armors that you cast.

Docmal
08.23.2013 , 08:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Didymos View Post
DPS in Statistic Overview is a must, HPS for healers 2, TPS for tanks, maybe U can add option to chose it?
I need DPS in tank 2 so let us chose what we need moust
I'm not sure what you are looking for here but the statistic overview pop out contains everything you are looking for:
Combat Length,
Total Damage Dealt,
DPS Out,
Healing Done,
HPS Out,
Effective Heal Percent,
EHPS Out,
Total Damage Taken,
DPS In,
Total Healing Received,
HPS In,
Total Threat,
TPS

Docmal
08.23.2013 , 08:12 AM | #28

Interesting... This does not occur for anyone in our raid groups. Were you dropping out of combat using a stealth ability or something? This would cause a combat end event and a combat start event in the log, resulting in a new "fight".

Please keep an eye on this and if it continues to occur feel free to submit a bug report online or shoot the support email address (found in the help window of the app) a message with your log attached!

Docmal
08.23.2013 , 08:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
We used this tonight and only a bit of a complaint regarding raid:

When you join a group, it is not very clear that you successfully joined. There should probably be a confirmation like successfully joining or something.

On top of that, it would be nice if everyone could a list of who is in the group. With the admin being able to kick from group

I also did not see a way for an admin to log in on another instance of the program (for example if you got a new computer)
It is true that Admin Groups is not a robust member-group solution. But this is by design. A group does not consist of a defined set of members, instead it is just a group of connected raiders. Kicking someone out would require a more robust account setup and storage which I am staying away from. If you have a problem member you can simply delete the group and create a new one.

As for "Admin" of a group from another machine, any admin activity for a group that does not have an Admin Password saved will prompt you for the admin password. This allows you to "admin" a group from any machine.

I have noted your feedback on the request for a successfully joined message and for the list of people raiding. Note that if the Raid Light is green and the buttons says "Raiding" then you are connected. Also, once combat begins you can see a list of users in combat on the raid tab. I realize this does not entirely meet the need you expressed but its close. I may include some sort of raid user list in the future.

Yngow
08.23.2013 , 08:58 AM | #30
Really well done, I like your parse and the combat log function is really nice, didn't test it with raids though, will do it later.
But pretty much it's what I've been missing from parsers ever since MoniTOR was discontinued is a full log for all your group members instead of just you, don't know if your parser offers this but if it doesnt you should think about adding this, it really helps troubleshooting in raids for example if a tank dies you can then look at the logs and see if he didn't take any heals or if he was actually one-shoted, you check if someone forgot to cleanse a dot that they should, if a dps neglected a mechanic and took unnecessary damage and that kind of stuff.

Also one thing that I always wanted on parsers was a pop-out that would detect from the log which boss you are fighting and what difficulty (even if you have to input this) and then as soon as you start the battle if would show you how long till enrage (again, even if you have to input the enrage timer). Also going a step further you could even create a timer profile for mechanics that occour with time or boss health so that for DG fight for example the overlay would say something like "Heirad lightning field in 3:00" and then keep counting till it reaches zero, and then the timer starts for the next one till heirad dies and then it becomes a timer for doom, and then mark for death from kelsara and force-leech... I think you get what I'm saying, same thing for mechanics tied to boss health, it would show dmg till mechanic or something like that. There is an app for custom timers on my razer keyboard but something reading your combat logs would be much better not only because it could work for boss health-tied mechanics but also would know when to start and stop timers automatically. Anyway, just an idea, keep up the good work.
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow